Board index » Word on the Street... » Release

Post subject: Alive, the movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:28 pm 
Supersonic

http://www.alivethemovie.com/

Ben, a man in love, suddenly finds himself alone after an argument with his fiancé Mary and is too much of a pussy to stop her from leaving. He crawls up into his old ways and initiates a campaign of self-destruction with a definite end in sight.

He buys a gun. On the night he is scheduled to blow his brains out, Dodge, a long lost drifter buddy, unexpectedly shows up at his front door. Dodge figures out he’s stumbled onto a suicide scene and, in classic form, looks to duck out on Ben the very next morning.

However, something changes his mind and agenda. Dodge’s motives are kept well-hidden as are Ben’s motives to end his own life. Over the next few days, each tries to push the others’ buttons to get what they want. For Dodge, a confession; for Ben a bullet to the head. To further escalate the situation, Dodge has a ticking clock that must get him to Seattle by week’s end. Dodge tempts Ben into one last crazy night before he has to leave, only to end up kidnapping him. Road trip!

Both continue to hide their true intentions until Dodge’s indecent proposal pushes him all in. An honest and poignant wave of emotions crashes over and looks to wash them clean away. Will road-tripping buddies, a Pearl Jam concert, a voice mail, and the hum of Highway 1 answer the question, “I’m still alive, do I deserve to be?”

Board index » Word on the Street... » Release