Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Things that you think you should not be subject to
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:24 am 
Hipster doofus

Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Is a defriending on facebook really some kind of gross overreaction?

Cause I just don't see it...

Not an overreaction so much as telling someone they can't sit with you at lunch because you said you didn't like the shirt they wore that day. Immature and hilariously so.

Funny, I immature and hilariously so is how I would describe your conduct in this thread. Although perhaps "sadly so" would be more appropriate... idk.

I get the impression this goes a lot further back than the comments you've said today in this thread. Maybe you should take more care with the comments you make if you want to keep your "friends".

Thanks, I'll take that on board. And you're right, I'm starting to think this goes a lot further back than the comments in this thread which is weird because all I said was 'Mecca's constant pop culture references / quotes'.

But you're probably right, Pat. I should be more careful than to comment about someone's posts on an internet messageboard.

Right...

The fact that all you seem to want to do here is paint Mecca as some overreacting drama queen sums up your intentions.

If you had really wanted to work out a misunderstanding to preserve a relationship with a friend, I'm confident the decision of any sane person would be to conduct it than private rather than making a spectacle on a message board.

I seriously wish I could be bothered finding that 'leave Britney alone' clip/gif thing but I'm a lazy internetter.

I didn't realise telling someone their posts sucked and painting them as an overreacting drama queen were the same things. Thanks for the clarification.

You really are terrible at following posts and remembering what you said Beth. You've just been crying about Mecca overreacting for the last half hour.

Sigh...

You know that's exactly what you've been doing and it's been absolutely pathetic. There is no reason and no excuse for why you couldn't have done this shit in private and you know it. That's why all you can muster now is these bullshit responses.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:25 am 
On the bright side

The Argonaut wrote:
Keep me out of this!

But this thread needed some manly added to it, Asher.

Unthought Known

cutuphalfdead wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It makes sense. The unexpanded forum had the TSIS links up on top, but since that is no longer available, this gives RMers a way to get to TSIS.

True, but it should be in the same horizontal bar that has the Board Index link, just at the opposite end.

You're a mod, make it happen.

Red Mosquito, my libido

mick7184 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It makes sense. The unexpanded forum had the TSIS links up on top, but since that is no longer available, this gives RMers a way to get to TSIS.

True, but it should be in the same horizontal bar that has the Board Index link, just at the opposite end.

You're a mod, make it happen.

:x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 am 
Pralines and Dick

Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Chris... seriously, here is some perspective. I was on hold with a delivery company for 30 minutes and I was bored so I was cruising RM and you'd posted a bunch last night/this morning or whatever and I thought to myself 'man, Mecca's posts suck lately' so I put it down as something I shouldn't be subjected to. That's all. I was talking about Mecca the poster. Not Chris the person. Not anything else at all. Calm the fuck down, man.

and you should know better to just leave me the fuck alone.

Okay. Got it. Last week you were blowing up my inbox, this week I'm not allowed to talk to you.

last week there was an accusation floated that wasn't even close to being true and I was putting that thought to rest.

Oh... you mean when you decided I was talking specifically about you and not a whole group of people. Ever known me not to be point blank? Seriously. EVER? So once again, as I told you then, if I wanted to accuse YOU of something, for example being a sucky poster, I will actually just come straight out and do it.

Wake up, it's not all about you. In fact, not even a tiny bit of it is.

You're going down a rabbit hole here. It would behoove you to not continue down this path. My reasoning for thinking you were talking about me makes perfect sense. I am not getting into it publicly. Keep going Beth, keep trying to bait me here into doing what you want me to do, but I won't give you the satisfaction.

Seriously. What?

I don't know if I'm interpreting this correctly so I am going to ask for clarification but... did you just threaten me or something? I honestly can't tell.

On the bright side

Peeps wrote:
*sigh* i remember when i used to cause all the controversy and people would rally against me

i miss those days

Text me at 3 am and see what happens. I'll go all anti-Mubarak on your ass around here.

Pralines and Dick

tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

Not an overreaction so much as telling someone they can't sit with you at lunch because you said you didn't like the shirt they wore that day. Immature and hilariously so.

Funny, I immature and hilariously so is how I would describe your conduct in this thread. Although perhaps "sadly so" would be more appropriate... idk.

I get the impression this goes a lot further back than the comments you've said today in this thread. Maybe you should take more care with the comments you make if you want to keep your "friends".

Thanks, I'll take that on board. And you're right, I'm starting to think this goes a lot further back than the comments in this thread which is weird because all I said was 'Mecca's constant pop culture references / quotes'.

But you're probably right, Pat. I should be more careful than to comment about someone's posts on an internet messageboard.

Right...

The fact that all you seem to want to do here is paint Mecca as some overreacting drama queen sums up your intentions.

If you had really wanted to work out a misunderstanding to preserve a relationship with a friend, I'm confident the decision of any sane person would be to conduct it than private rather than making a spectacle on a message board.

I seriously wish I could be bothered finding that 'leave Britney alone' clip/gif thing but I'm a lazy internetter.

I didn't realise telling someone their posts sucked and painting them as an overreacting drama queen were the same things. Thanks for the clarification.

You really are terrible at following posts and remembering what you said Beth. You've just been crying about Mecca overreacting for the last half hour.

Sigh...

You know that's exactly what you've been doing and it's been absolutely pathetic. There is no reason and no excuse for why you couldn't have done this shit in private and you know it. That's why all you can muster now is these bullshit responses.

Do you know something I don't? Because right now, I have no idea what either of you are going on about.

Unthought Known

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Peeps wrote:
*sigh* i remember when i used to cause all the controversy and people would rally against me

i miss those days

Text me at 3 am and see what happens. I'll go all anti-Mubarak on your ass around here.

AL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Peeps wrote:

i miss those days

It'd be more intimidating if you said pro-Mubarak.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Chris... seriously, here is some perspective. I was on hold with a delivery company for 30 minutes and I was bored so I was cruising RM and you'd posted a bunch last night/this morning or whatever and I thought to myself 'man, Mecca's posts suck lately' so I put it down as something I shouldn't be subjected to. That's all. I was talking about Mecca the poster. Not Chris the person. Not anything else at all. Calm the fuck down, man.

Okay. Got it. Last week you were blowing up my inbox, this week I'm not allowed to talk to you.

last week there was an accusation floated that wasn't even close to being true and I was putting that thought to rest.

Oh... you mean when you decided I was talking specifically about you and not a whole group of people. Ever known me not to be point blank? Seriously. EVER? So once again, as I told you then, if I wanted to accuse YOU of something, for example being a sucky poster, I will actually just come straight out and do it.

You're going down a rabbit hole here. It would behoove you to not continue down this path. My reasoning for thinking you were talking about me makes perfect sense. I am not getting into it publicly. Keep going Beth, keep trying to bait me here into doing what you want me to do, but I won't give you the satisfaction.

Seriously. What?

I don't know if I'm interpreting this correctly so I am going to ask for clarification but... did you just threaten me or something? I honestly can't tell.

No, that wasn't a threat at all. Honestly, what could I do to threaten you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 am 
On the bright side

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Peeps wrote:

i miss those days

It'd be more intimidating if you said pro-Mubarak.

lol. I thought of that after I hit submit. I'm just too lazy to care right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am 
Pralines and Dick

Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:

Seriously. What?

No, that wasn't a threat at all. Honestly, what could I do to threaten you?

Oh, okay. It just seemed that way.

Anyway, no offense meant. Just thought your posts were a bit shit lately. Carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Nobody else seemed to care but you. Thanks for fighting with the guy that just lost his grandfather.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 am 
Pralines and Dick

Mecca wrote:
Nobody else seemed to care but you. Thanks for fighting with the guy that just lost his grandfather.

Sorry I failed to interpret that in all of your pop culture references and quotes. There was a point really early in this conversation where you could've said that. You chose not to. Don't try and make me feel guilty about your choices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Sorry for trying to escape from reality for awhile guys, but something very personal just happened in my life this past week.

Apology not accepted. None of us deserve to be subjected to your sub-standard posting. This has been going on for at least 3 months now. If you're going to post like shit, at least don't post constantly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 am 
Pralines and Dick

Having said that, I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a grandparent is a terrible thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 am 
Hipster doofus

Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

Right...

Sigh...

Do you know something I don't? Because right now, I have no idea what either of you are going on about.

You mean the shit you've just done over the last hour or so? I honestly have no idea why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

1. Beth bitches about Mecca in this thread.
2. Mecca defriends you on facebook.
3. Beth post on RM whining about the defriending and about what a huge overreaction it is.
4. Mecca states it was based on events that were building up for some time.
5. Beth complains about how the defriending was so immature.
6. Tryinmorning accuses Beth of being immature and attention seeking by dragging this whole defriending business to RM.
7. Beth cannot comprehend a relatively simple sequence of events.

Basically Beth, I don't believe you here. I don't think that you came to this thread posting about the facebook drama with an intention of preserving a friendship. If that was something you had wanted to do you would have done so in private with Mecca. Not by causing a drama sensation in a thread to spice up your day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 am 
Pralines and Dick

Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Sorry for trying to escape from reality for awhile guys, but something very personal just happened in my life this past week.

Apology not accepted. None of us deserve to be subjected to your sub-standard posting. This has been going on for at least 3 months now. If you're going to post like shit, at least don't post constantly.

Sorry but I'm not wearing this for you, Chris. That can be interpreted a thousand ways. If you wanted to be clear, you could've been. You chose not to be so don't even think of trying to put it on me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am 
Pralines and Dick

tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
Beef wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

Right...

Sigh...

You mean the shit you've just done over the last hour or so? I honestly have no idea why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

1. Beth bitches about Mecca in this thread.
2. Mecca defriends you on facebook.
3. Beth post on RM whining about the defriending and about what a huge overreaction it is.
4. Mecca states it was based on events that were building up for some time.
5. Beth complains about how the defriending was so immature.
6. Tryinmorning accuses Beth of being immature and attention seeking by dragging this whole defriending business to RM.
7. Beth cannot comprehend a relatively simple sequence of events.

Basically Beth, I don't believe you here. I don't think that you came to this thread posting about the facebook drama with an intention of preserving a friendship. If that was something you had wanted to do you would have done so in private with Mecca. Not by causing a drama sensation in a thread to spice up your day.

Okay, Pat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Beef wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Sorry but I'm not wearing this for you, Chris. That can be interpreted a thousand ways. If you wanted to be clear, you could've been. You chose not to be so don't even think of trying to put it on me.

Hi, I'm Chris. I don't always post about personal things on the board and generally keep things light and schticky, always have. I think that hinting that something bad happened would be enough to let anyone on here know that maybe I'm having a really hard time right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion