Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Those instructions are super helpful, friend. Thank you. I'm an idiot. I didn't even think to try doing it that way. I didn't think it would work outside of a browser. Which, I know realize is stinkin' thinkin'. Of course it would work. It's a print screen button, not a print the internet button.

Bare with me, team. I'll get there.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Print screen simply takes a screen shot and puts in on your clipboard. Then you can paste it in ms paint and save it as a png or jpg to post here.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 am
Posts: 2465
Location: A dark place
durdencommatyler wrote:
What in the big blue world is the snipping tool?

Start > type in Snipping Tool in the search field, hit enter
then you can "rope" what you want Windows to capture.
Under the New menu you can also select it do a "full-screen snip."

_________________
Do you like crappy amateur photography? Check out my photo blog here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 am
Posts: 2465
Location: A dark place
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

_________________
Do you like crappy amateur photography? Check out my photo blog here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
turned2black wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
What in the big blue world is the snipping tool?

Start > type in Snipping Tool in the search field, hit enter
then you can "rope" what you want Windows to capture.
Under the New menu you can also select it do a "full-screen snip."

Except if you're going to use that just install GreenShot. It does the same thing but better.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 am
Posts: 2465
Location: A dark place
theplatypus wrote:
Just spent some time clearing up my cluttered desktop. It used to look like an episode of "Hoarders".

Now:

Image

(that's a caricature of my siblings & I)

What program are you using that displays the system info on the right? Reminds me of Conky for Linux, which I love.

_________________
Do you like crappy amateur photography? Check out my photo blog here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Pretty sure someone called me a snipping tool once.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

Have you used greenshot?

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 am
Posts: 2465
Location: A dark place
My problem with these other "snipping tools" is that they tend to be "heavier" than the built-in Windows one. I assign Snipping Tool to a quick key and it snaps right open. I agree that the other tools are better, but for my purposes the built-in one works the best.

_________________
Do you like crappy amateur photography? Check out my photo blog here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Greenshot isn't heavy at all. It runs quietly in the background with no drain on resources. I hit print screen and instead of copying a full screenshot to the clipboard it brings up a cursor so I can select an area to capture (you can also set it to capture the entire screen, or the top active window). I have it set so when I select the area it automatically saves it as a .png file into a specified folder. It's saved with a timestamp filename to easily find what you've grabbed.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 am
Posts: 2465
Location: A dark place
I hate running extra stuff in the background. But I'll give Greenshot a try, if you tell me to shut my whore mouth!

_________________
Do you like crappy amateur photography? Check out my photo blog here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
I hate that shit too, but you'll never even know it's there.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

Have you used greenshot?

stop deflecting, just answer the question

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

Have you used greenshot?

stop deflecting, just answer the question

Don't you tell me what to do.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

Have you used greenshot?

stop deflecting, just answer the question

Don't you tell me what to do.

I just give you what you want, peter - why fight it?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop Wallpaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
turned2black wrote:
As someone who uses "Snipping Tool" everyday at work, I can tell you it does not suck.

Get it, use it, love it.

http://getgreenshot.org/


snagit! is better

You shut your whore mouth!

have you used snagit! ? it's fucking awesome and I dare anyone to prove otherwise

Have you used greenshot?

stop deflecting, just answer the question

Don't you tell me what to do.

I just give you what you want, peter - why fight it?

I have to push back a little, that's how I get more of what I want.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 am