Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disc Golf
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
thodoks wrote:
it looks fun enough that i wouldn't want to take it seriously for fear of it losing its innocence

i'm terrible, but it is still kinda fun

oh i agree, but wouldn't taking it seriously spoil some of the fun?

On the contrary...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 pm 
Unthought Known

cutuphalfdead wrote:

We used to slide down these when we got enough snow.

How'd you like the course? I only played there a handful of times, but I remember most of it being out in the open.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Self Polluted wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

We used to slide down these when we got enough snow.

How'd you like the course? I only played there a handful of times, but I remember most of it being out in the open.

That course sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 pm 
Unthought Known

Really? Why? It wasn't my favorite, but I didn't think it sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Way too open. Also it's confusing as hell to find your away around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 pm 
Unthought Known

Yeah, I get that. If you're ever feeling like coming out this way again, I used to love Pyramids.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1718

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Self Polluted wrote:
Yeah, I get that. If you're ever feeling like coming out this way again, I used to love Pyramids.

Hey, that's closer than Charlton!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm 
Unthought Known

cutuphalfdead wrote:
sherpahigh wrote:
what kind of discs did you get?

Items ordered:
1. Discraft Z Comet Disc Golf Approach Disc, Disc weight: 165 - 170 grams (1 ea.)
2. Innova Champion Leopard Disc Golf Driver, Disc weight: 160 - 165 grams (1 ea.)
3. Gateway Super Stupid Soft Wizard Disc Golf Putter (1 ea.)

Very happy with them.

8)

Great choices.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 pm 
Unthought Known

Self Polluted wrote:

I just watched a video from the MSDGC and that course looks pretty sweet. I'll have to get out East to play a bit one day, there's a ton of great courses out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:20 pm 
Unthought Known

sherpahigh wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

I just watched a video from the MSDGC and that course looks pretty sweet. I'll have to get out East to play a bit one day, there's a ton of great courses out there.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I was supposed to go disc golfing with my brother today but he just backed out. Waking up thinking you're going disc golfing only to find out you aren't is a terrible feelings. Anyone want to come toss some discs with me?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:34 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was supposed to go disc golfing with my brother today but he just backed out. Waking up thinking you're going disc golfing only to find out you aren't is a terrible feelings. Anyone want to come toss some discs with me?

Where are you? Why couldn't you toss by yourself? I do quite often it really clears the mind (even without additives).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 pm 
Reissued

cutuphalfdead wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:09 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Guys, one of the dudes who went disc golfing with us yesterday was cheating. A few times we caught him putting down scores lower than what he actually shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 am 
On the bright side

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Guys, one of the dudes who went disc golfing with us yesterday was cheating. A few times we caught him putting down scores lower than what he actually shot.

I never understood the fun in cheating. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:48 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Yeah me too. A lot of the times since we have multiple discs when you fuck up a shot you'll take it again for your own satisfaction, but your first shot is still the official one and where that one lands is where you take your next real one. He'd take multiple shots and then shoot again from the best one and only call it one toss.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Yeah me too. A lot of the times since we have multiple discs when you fuck up a shot you'll take it again for your own satisfaction, but your first shot is still the official one and where that one lands is where you take your next real one. He'd take multiple shots and then shoot again from the best one and only call it one toss.

Are you playing for money? If not, I don't really care. We usually just play to against ourselves - esp since some are considerably better than others.

I shot like hell this morning, very streaky. Had 3 straight birds and then followed it up with 4 straight double-bogeys - ugly shots too. Ugh!!

And you write down the score? Interesting.... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:52 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

homersheineken wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Are you playing for money? If not, I don't really care. We usually just play to against ourselves - esp since some are considerably better than others.

I shot like hell this morning, very streaky. Had 3 straight birds and then followed it up with 4 straight double-bogeys - ugly shots too. Ugh!!

Not playing for money, though that's definitely something to consider. Shot a 75 and my buddy shot a 74. It's ok though because I'm still ahead by a game in our career series and I'll make up the loss today with a win tomorrow. Last time I play the course I played today I shot a 69 which is the best I ever did there, so I pretty much shot my average today for the course.

The way we play we give everyone 3 mulligans to take at any point in the game. Going into the 18th hole my buddy was up by one and we both had two mulligans left. He used them both on his first two shots and then hit some trees again and ended up shooting a 5. I made it to about 15 feet from the pin on 3 shots with both my mulligans remaining so I basically had 3 chances to make a 15 foot putt to end with a tie. I bounced off the rim all three fucking times and finished with a 5 as well. :/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:26 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Not playing for money, though that's definitely something to consider. Shot a 75 and my buddy shot a 74. It's ok though because I'm still ahead by a game in our career series and I'll make up the loss today with a win tomorrow. Last time I play the course I played today I shot a 69 which is the best I ever did there, so I pretty much shot my average today for the course.

The way we play we give everyone 3 mulligans to take at any point in the game. Going into the 18th hole my buddy was up by one and we both had two mulligans left. He used them both on his first two shots and then hit some trees again and ended up shooting a 5. I made it to about 15 feet from the pin on 3 shots with both my mulligans remaining so I basically had 3 chances to make a 15 foot putt to end with a tie. I bounced off the rim all three fucking times and finished with a 5 as well. :/

Do you have a normal/home course? Where is it?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php?mode=map

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:54 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

homersheineken wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Do you have a normal/home course? Where is it?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1033

Borderland State Park is my home course: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1186

But this is my second favorite and the one I played today: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1186

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » General Discussion