Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: I FUCKIN FEEL LIKE TALKIN BOUT TOLEDO
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:52 am 
Force of Nature

since i live here and was fortunate enough not to have to travel for once. no neil haters allowed, youre just mad cuz you werent there, and if you were and are still pissed, you dont know rock history in front of your face. GO!!!!!

worldwide member of the sonic decibel team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:26 am 
Banned from the Pit
 YIM  Profile

i'm not mad i'm jealous!!!

how was 'harvest moon' man that must've been cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:39 am 
Got Some

Couldn't this have been done via http://www.red-mosquito.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=242?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:57 pm 
Global Moderator

Lost Clay wrote:
i'm not mad i'm jealous!!!

how was 'harvest moon' man that must've been cool

im jealous of everyone who made it to shows this year, because i didnt get to any :cry: . but it would have been amazing to see neil up there with the guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:26 pm 
Banned from the Pit

J wrote:

They're not really talking about the show over at that other thread - it's mostly about what bar they were hanging out at after the show.

givintoofli - I see from your signatiure that you were at Cleveland 03 - that was a much better show than Toledo. I love Neil Young and the Neil Young stuff was great at Toledo, but before Neil came out, the PJ stuff was really not that great compared to other shows. The set list was straightforward and conservative. And some of the performances were lackluster. Take Corduroy for example - that was the most uninspiring performance of the song I have ever heard (out of 10+ shows I've been to). A below average concert until Neil came out. And that was only cool for those who like Neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:40 pm 
Global Moderator

J wrote:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:34 pm 
Force of Nature

Greatest night of my life. Neil is my favorite musician of all time and having him show up at the concert was amazing. It's like going to mass with the Pope and having Jesus show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:12 pm 
Banned from the Pit

It was a fabulous night! Seeing Neil jam with the guys again playing songs from Merkin Ball, Watch Tower, Cortez and RITFW was unbelieveable. The band was so energized! Mike was going off with Neil! They were having a great time! The songs lasted for 10 minutes each.....I had to keep telling myself it was for real and that I wasn't just dreaming! Everything just fell together that night....I was 29th row on the floor with the first seat on the center aisle...once the lights went down I moved up about 12 rows or so....and then during the finale I moved up to 6th row center! It was amazing! The security guys were cool with me...they knew that I moved up....but pretty much left me alone! I couldn't have worked out any better!

I couldn't get over how damn loud it was...when you were up at the concession areas in the arena...during the opening acts..you coudn't hear a thing! You had to yell to carry on a conversation...I loved it! It was my last show of the mini tour...and what a way to say goodbye for awhile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:02 pm 
Force of Nature

Revolver wrote:
Greatest night of my life. Neil is my favorite musician of all time and having him show up at the concert was amazing. It's like going to mass with the Pope and having Jesus show up.

It was the greatest night of my life too. First getting to finally meet Ed before the show...then getting my favourite opener ever...Long Road. It's a very special song to me and it meant a lot to hear it. I'm listening to the show right now and I musta been in my own world during Long Road (which is usually the case cause of the significance that song has for me) but I never realized the whole arena was singing along the whole time. It's incredible to hear in my headphones now. WOW!

Also seeing Neil perfoming with the boys is something I have wanted to witness for a long time now and to have that wish fulfilled makes going through all the shit I have in the last year and a half almost worth it.

I still have to look at my Ed Autograph and ticket stub to believe I was actually there. Incredible show!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:41 pm 
Got Some

givintoofli - I see from your signatiure that you were at Cleveland 03 - that was a much better show than Toledo. I love Neil Young and the Neil Young stuff was great at Toledo, but before Neil came out, the PJ stuff was really not that great compared to other shows. The set list was straightforward and conservative. And some of the performances were lackluster. Take Corduroy for example - that was the most uninspiring performance of the song I have ever heard (out of 10+ shows I've been to). A below average concert until Neil came out. And that was only cool for those who like Neil.[/quote

i disagree. i think the show was very good even before neil came out. i started a thread some time ago saying, that version of long road is my favorite - ever. but thats just my opinion. i think there was a lot of energy both from the crowd and the band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:21 pm 
Banned from the Pit

long road was good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:03 am 
Banned from the Pit

i was in the third row on Mike's side (extreme left)...i think this show JUST nudges Buffalo '03 as my favourite...

you can see my pics from that show here: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v41/nippleholic/

06: Toronto x2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
08: NYC x2, Hartford, Boston II
10: Buffalo, Newark, NYC, Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:27 am 
Force of Nature

yeah, i have a cousin who came over my house about a week later who said his nurse is related to some guy in pearl jam, "do you know who they are?" he is kinda young, im like hell yeah thats my band. he says if he would have gone with me to the show we would have been on the list and had passes. im calling this bullshit until he says something along the lines of "stoney something and a side group named brad." grant it he is a rap kid. needless to say he got his nurse to get stone to sign a backstage pass of the show for me. come to find out the nurse is related by marriage. i swear true story, like being pissed off and happy at the same time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:29 am 
Force of Nature

nippleholic wrote:
i was in the third row on Mike's side (extreme left)...i think this show JUST nudges Buffalo '03 as my favourite...

you can see my pics from that show here: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v41/nippleholic/

thanks dude, i needed the marquee shot, i was way too excited for preset and forgot it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:18 am 
Banned from the Pit

givintoofli wrote:
nippleholic wrote:

thanks dude, i needed the marquee shot, i was way too excited for preset and forgot it.

no problem man...i'm really glad i got it cause it's one of my favourites from the tour...the one showing the outside the arena is another i really like too (that isn'ta performance shot)...

06: Toronto x2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
08: NYC x2, Hartford, Boston II
10: Buffalo, Newark, NYC, Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:22 pm 
Got Some

isn't that marquee the epitamy of what a dump toledo is? i noticed it the day of the show, letters hanging off, half of them are faded....

anyone else notice the billboards inside the venue? the most generic ad's i've ever seen. looked like 8th grade art projects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:01 pm 
Johnny Guitar

TOLEDO show was awesome!!! I will never ever forget anything about that night for as long as I live! The show, the events leading up to the show and after. PJ rocked and Neil was an extra special surprise to an already absolutely outstanding weekend. I'm still having trouble sleeping at night b/c all I can think about is PJ and Neil...how incredible :):):):)

That weekend was perhaps the best of my life thus far...

"It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease." -EV
---------------------------
State College 5/3/03
Hershey 7/12/03
Reading 10/1/04
Toledo 10/2/04

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:13 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

rock nr oll history. it was a kickass pj performance (although most kickass of the tour goes to grand rapids...) they were itnense i thought in toledo. people complain about a typical pj setlist..who gives a fuck, typical pj is fucking amazing. and then enil fucking young. holy shit, i knew he was there...i knew wed at least get rockin in the free world...but fucking ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER?!?!?! one of the greatest songs ever written being performed by neil young and pj..holy shit. first 3 minutes of the song..Am G F prgoression..i thought to myself "wow, really all along the watchtower?!?! no..it cant be..this could be any neil young song!" and sure enough...it is...i shit myself. eddie up on the monitor, arms int he air..screaming the last line of the verses...holy shit...fuck yea. and then act of lvoe..great surprise, fuck...then cortez the killer..oh my god. my fav neil young song...then a blistering rockin...wow..

rock n roll history..and that was only night one of my trip...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:30 pm 
Got Some

I'm extremly jealous of all of you who went to the show. I think i might have died if I was there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:32 am 
Force of Nature

trust me, this city really blows for music, and this may have been the greatest show in toledo history.... people who werent even fans saying this THAT DIDNT EVEN GO!

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live