Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: Blood--soldier field 95
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:32 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Holy fucking moly...

just got this (thanks jambayleaf) on a trade and I am completely blown away by this version...

and pearl girls out there, if you have not heard this, then get yourself a copy because it is fucking amazing...Ed starts to do some heavy breathing mid way though the song, and you would have to be DEAD to not be turned on by it. And I am not one of those girls who has a "crush" on Ed...sorry Ed, your vocals are amazing but I am tall pearl girl.

And though they would never admit it, I would wager that a whole lot of men out there are turned on by it too :shock:

and so it goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:43 pm 
Banned from the Pit

You must have had a great car ride.

Post subject: Re: Blood--soldier field 95
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:45 am 
Supersonic

genxgirl wrote:
Holy fucking moly...

just got this (thanks jambayleaf) on a trade and I am completely blown away by this version...

and pearl girls out there, if you have not heard this, then get yourself a copy because it is fucking amazing...Ed starts to do some heavy breathing mid way though the song, and you would have to be DEAD to not be turned on by it. And I am not one of those girls who has a "crush" on Ed...sorry Ed, your vocals are amazing but I am tall pearl girl.

And though they would never admit it, I would wager that a whole lot of men out there are turned on by it too :shock:

Welcome to the 95 tour. Short and brief, it was their best. I'm jealous, because my soldiers field boot is all scratched. Time to dig up a new one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:44 am 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

<---hated this whole show, Blood in particular, because Ed's voice sounded like ass :oops:

Me on Google+
Campaign For Liberty
Ludwig Von Mises Institute
antiwar.com

Post subject: Re: Blood--soldier field 95
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:44 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Coach wrote:
genxgirl wrote:
Holy fucking moly...

Welcome to the 95 tour. Short and brief, it was their best. I'm jealous, because my soldiers field boot is all scratched. Time to dig up a new one!

PM me if you are interested in a trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

twoheadedboy wrote:
<---hated this whole show, Blood in particular, because Ed's voice sounded like ass :oops:

I guess I like it when he tries to pull the Kurt Cobain out in his voice.

Or are you being facetious? Can't quite tell, but 'tis a great listen for me :)

and so it goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:11 pm 
Got Some

twoheadedboy wrote:

I totally agree. I can't figure out why this show gets so much love. I does have a great setlist and is very long but Ed sounds like shit, (which he did for most of the 95 tour).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:16 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

genxgirl wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

As the guy above me said. Yeah, Ed was still screaming, but he shouldn't have been...his voice was SHREDDED. I love his voice in almost all of 91/92, most of 93/94, about half of aussie 95, but USA 95 his voice (like this show) was just terrible. He was so far off key on songs like Blood because he just couldn't get his voice to hit the notes. Great setlist, band played great, but Ed's voice is a HUGE detractor for this show for me.

Me on Google+
Campaign For Liberty
Ludwig Von Mises Institute
antiwar.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:22 pm 
Reissued

twoheadedboy wrote:
genxgirl wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

As the guy above me said. Yeah, Ed was still screaming, but he shouldn't have been...his voice was SHREDDED. I love his voice in almost all of 91/92, most of 93/94, about half of aussie 95, but USA 95 his voice (like this show) was just terrible. He was so far off key on songs like Blood because he just couldn't get his voice to hit the notes. Great setlist, band played great, but Ed's voice is a HUGE detractor for this show for me.

I agree with these 2 guys, to an extent.

I like the show and all, but It was one of the first I got because of all the hype around it, and it does not stand up to many others out there. Good set, good moments, if Ed's voice was good it might have been the best show ever, but it wasnt and it isnt.

I thought Blood was actually a hightlight from the show, but it doesnt even hold a candle to:

Atlanta 94-Possibly best ever.
Fairfax 94-Oh my god. Intense like you woundnt believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:00 am 
Banned from the Pit

I was at this show and it sounded great from the last row. I never really listend to the bootleg but have watched the video boot. That never sounds good.

It was a great experieince for me. With all the deadheads in the parking lot from the Greatfuldeads last show ever with Jerry Garcia. Grilled Cheese were good. Wish I would have seen the dead the day before but the drugs worked.

Post subject: Do You Remember??
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:09 am 
Banned from the Pit

Do You Remember??

That Pearl Jam Cancelled this show and the 2 shows in Milwaukee because Eddie was sick and the played anyways?

Eddie was a trouper just like the band was in Alpine Valley 2000. They do not like to disappoint and at Soldier Field they didn't!

I'm looking forward to a Soldier Field 2005 with the new seating and sound system. Come on PJ you can do it!! If not, play at the Metro for a 5 night stand (My Dream that I keep having)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:33 pm 
Force of Nature

The 'Ticketmaster sucks!' chant is good, and i think Let My Love Open the Door is such an awesome cover (they should start playing it again), but i think the '95 tour is quite possibly their worst. Eddie was just torturing his voice and he sounded crap.
I love Eddie's voice so much, but it hurts to listen to the '95 shows.

Verona 16/9/2006
Milan 17/9/2006
Athens 30/9/2006

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live