Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 04/6/00: Manchester Evening News Arena
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:47 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

This was the first boot I ever bought, I was just getting into the band and I went into a record store and picked up one that had black, RVM, and betterman. After hearing many concerts, it isn't their greatest performance (lots of mistakes), but Disc 2 is possibly the best disc set of any PJ concert (once!garden!footsteps!SOLAT!Fuckin Up!). It also has some of the funniest banter between stone and ed. For some reason I can't explain I seem to listen to it more than just about anything except maybe Boston 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:05 am 
Global Moderator

its an awsome show, i listen to it quite a bit also, usually its not there best show technically that become the favs. flubs and chit chat make for awsome boots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:42 am 
Got Some

i was lucky enough to be there and it was a wild one. i remember a great of the girl to start, and then eddie and stone got in a fight about something, but the band was still on fire. they made up at the start of the encore and eddie was like 'if anyone else gets mad at stone i'll kick your ass!' then the second encore was just unbelievable, leatherman, then footsteps, which just made me gasp when it first started, and then GARDEN, only time i've ever seen it live, was just sooooooooo good and i knew how rare it was to be hearing that song. great ledbetter to finish too with all the lights up. GREAT show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:45 pm 
Got Some

My first PJ show! Had only heard Ten and Vitalogy before then. Was the beginning of an expensive habit that night.

The thing I remember most about that night is hearing Eddie's voice on Of the Girl and being stunned by the power of his voice. Plus they came out really early. Which meant we got a good long show before the 11pm curfew.

Also remember the bass player of the support band (the Vandals?) running up to the top of the stadium naked. Was pretty funny.

Also the Gallagher brothers getting a boo and some disapproval at the Las being called a Manchester band.

Ah memories.

Also remember lots of Americans in Manchester that day, couldn't really understand at the time. But I know understand how hardcore the fans are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:09 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

This show is awesome. The best "new" version of "Garden" in my opinion.

God bless,

Jared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:15 pm 
Got Some

i know eddie held the last 'stoooooooooooooooone' forever

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live