Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: ** Chicago, IL Vic Theatre Setlist Thread **
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:34 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

stip wrote:
good lord, what a setlist

How did the intro to LROM go? Is boom more comfortable with it now?

Boom isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. Eddie is just unbelievable.

Here is the YouTube. It's almost complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwPgJLz987k

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:18 pm 
Force of Nature

Best PJ setlist of all time? I haven't seen a better one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:35 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

dissident27 wrote:

Sorry, but this is by far not the best PJ setlist of all time for me. Not even in the worst 100. I might be an elitist kinda fan sometimes, but I fucking miss Alive, Betterman, Given To Fly, ... on that setlist.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:59 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Angus wrote:
dissident27 wrote:

Sorry, but this is by far not the best PJ setlist of all time for me. Not even in the worst 100. I might be an elitist kinda fan sometimes, but I fucking miss Alive, Betterman, Given To Fly, ... on that setlist.

i didn't miss those, but had it had like SOLAT, Last Exit, Animal, Whipping, Save You, Do The Evolution, etc.) instead of a few rarities (rarities are fun, but they're hardly PJ's best work most the time)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:20 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

solace wrote:
Angus wrote:
dissident27 wrote:

i didn't miss those, but had it had like SOLAT, Last Exit, Animal, Whipping, Save You, Do The Evolution, etc.) instead of a few rarities (rarities are fun, but they're hardly PJ's best work most the time)

Well, we basically mean the same thing I guess. I mean, I would have loved to be there. No question about that. And you didn't hear me say it wasn't a great thing to be there in a small venue with all Ten Club members. But Education... seen it first time it was performed, no need to see it again. Gods' Dice... seen it, no need to see it again. I'm open without lyrics... FUCK THAT! Gone... I hate the song. Give me GTF & Betterman everytime. I need a good recording first. But I don't think this show will beat any of Dusseldorf, London, Munich or Copenhagen as or 2007. (And I only was at the last one ;))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

best ever setlist? i don't think so either. i will, however, say it is one of the most unique...hope they make this an official release!

:wave:

Check us out - THE RODDIES

EllisEamos wrote:
they're fuckin' losers!!! they (patriots) deserved to be boo-ed!!!

:haha:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Angus wrote:
Well, we basically mean the same thing I guess. I mean, I would have loved to be there. No question about that. And you didn't hear me say it wasn't a great thing to be there in a small venue with all Ten Club members. But Education... seen it first time it was performed, no need to see it again. Gods' Dice... seen it, no need to see it again. I'm open without lyrics... FUCK THAT! Gone... I hate the song. Give me GTF & Betterman everytime. I need a good recording first. But I don't think this show will beat any of Dusseldorf, London, Munich or Copenhagen as or 2007. (And I only was at the last one ;))

i could honestly do without hearing Better Man live again... ever... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:56 pm 
Got Some

solace wrote:
Angus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:12 pm 
Unthought Known

bknollenberg wrote:
solace wrote:
Angus wrote:

If I never hear the crowd sing-a-long to Betterman again, it will still be too soon. The '03 tour took care of my desire to ever see that again. Seemed like it was at every. single. fucking. show. Bleh.

Great fucking setlist Thursday night, and nothing like being 3 feet from Mike. Spectacular performance by the band. Something I'm sure I will never get to experience again.

And how great was it that the upstairs was reserved for VIP. There had to be under 1,000 fanclub members in that fucker. In-fuckin-sane.

Hail, hail.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 pm 
Stone's Bitch

:shock: :shock: :worthy: At that setlist.
Wish me luck, I will be fasting and holding my breath until I get a copy of this show.

and in time I've realized its now wrapped my neck"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:29 pm 
Mike's Maniac

this one should be released

ever dream of escaping

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:38 pm 
Force of Nature

I would have to agree that this is one the best setlists ever... (oh come on people, how many f'in times do you need to hear betterman, alive, yellow led, etc.... don't we already have a gazillion versions of these songs... and yes, I do think a lot of their rare stuff is just plain better, and funner to listen to...)

after listening to the actual boot... wow... fan-f'in-tastic! if there's no official boot for this I will have to shave my head and become a portuguese monk....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:14 pm 
Got Some

blue state brawler wrote:
I would have to agree that this is one the best setlists ever... (oh come on people, how many f'in times do you need to hear betterman, alive, yellow led, etc.... don't we already have a gazillion versions of these songs... and yes, I do think a lot of their rare stuff is just plain better, and funner to listen to...)

after listening to the actual boot... wow... fan-f'in-tastic! if there's no official boot for this I will have to shave my head and become a portuguese monk....

i don't know if i agree. i was there, and it was pretty enjoyable, but the setlist was awkward and really had no flow. it was just too random. with that said, i'm not complaining, but my point is it may be the best setlist ever, but a list of songs on a sheet doesn't necessarily make the best show ever.

probably the best one i've seen though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:46 pm 
Force of Nature

yes, i would agree that there are some flow issues... but the crowd energy seems to make up for that... and I'm not surprised that Ed had some troubles figuring out a flow with these songs, since he's never really written a setlist with this many under-utilized songs... overall, I think they deserve credit for "stepping out of their comfort zone"... when you're a band that has a handful of sure-hit songs that almost always are crowd pleasers, it takes some balls to veer off that path and try something that could be hit or miss with the crowd... luckily, the vic crowd was made up of intelligent, hard-core pj fans with great loyalty and good taste... unfortunately, a show like this wouldn't normally would out so well... but i'd like to be there for the next time they try this, wherever that is... Tower Theatre in Philly?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:54 am 
Supersonic

blue state brawler wrote:
yes, i would agree that there are some flow issues... but the crowd energy seems to make up for that... and I'm not surprised that Ed had some troubles figuring out a flow with these songs, since he's never really written a setlist with this many under-utilized songs...

I'm not entirely sure that they took the time to think about the flow of the songs. I remember Ed saying that they made up the setlist on the spot at about 4:30 that afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:01 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

"flow issues..." :haha: please...seriously? "flow issues?" :shake:

:wave:

Check us out - THE RODDIES

EllisEamos wrote:
they're fuckin' losers!!! they (patriots) deserved to be boo-ed!!!

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 pm 
Mike's Maniac

10_pearljam wrote:

it was a light flow day apparently?? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:29 pm 
Got Some

aintitthelife98 wrote:
10_pearljam wrote:

if you think i'm being picky or a dick for saying the show had 'flow' issues, you're an idiot. if you're making fun of me because i correlate pearl jam and the menstrual cycle, you're wise beyond your years.

it's fucking ok to say a show doesn't flow. i still loved it. if you were at a show and they opened with why go then went into animal, go, hail hail, do the evolution and then just play thumbing my way and parachutes.. wouldn't you think there was a flow issue?!

lolz.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:26 pm 
Mike's Maniac

bknollenberg wrote:
aintitthelife98 wrote:
10_pearljam wrote:

if you think i'm being picky or a dick for saying the show had 'flow' issues, you're an idiot. if you're making fun of me because i correlate pearl jam and the menstrual cycle, you're wise beyond your years.

it's fucking ok to say a show doesn't flow. i still loved it. if you were at a show and they opened with why go then went into animal, go, hail hail, do the evolution and then just play thumbing my way and parachutes.. wouldn't you think there was a flow issue?!

lolz.

haha my comment was purely a menstraul cycle joke :lol:

I was at the show and agree it didn't flow all that great but I still loved every second!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:35 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Flow issues or not, I still want to see a Why Go-Go-Gone-Come Back run. Hell, add I'm Still Here at the end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live