Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: New songs to be unveiled this tour?
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:50 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

The latest RS1053 highlighted this summer's popular tours (top of pg. 136).

Quote:
With no new record to support, McCready says the group plans to dig deep over the course of its two-hour-plus show. "We'll pull from all the records and do some obscure B sides and some hits," he says. "We'll probably end up playing covers and maybe some new songs."

Post subject: Re: New songs to be unveiled this tour?
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:55 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Yeah I read that! Took for 19 pages to see PJ's name there.
Anyways, Mike's been saying the same stuff over and over again fro every interviews he's done lately. Good news anyways.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

I hope they do some new stuff. But I would be happy to know that the new material is ready and rounded before they perform it. :)

My Site: http://pearljamboots.com/
Tweet, Tweet

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:36 pm 
Mike's Maniac

He recently said to billboard.com that they weren't gonna do some new stuff, Maybe some improv jams, but otherwise no.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

They need to play Otherside and Strangest Tribe live at some point in their career. And i'd actually fucking love it if they started a second encore with Hitchhiker. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 am 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

iceagecoming wrote:
They need to play Otherside and Strangest Tribe live at some point in their career. And i'd actually fucking love it if they started a second encore with Hitchhiker. Seriously.

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:39 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

iceagecoming wrote:

save for Strangest Tribe, this would be a minor nightmare in my own Book of Nightmares.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:56 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

mastaflatch wrote:
iceagecoming wrote:

save for Strangest Tribe, this would be a minor nightmare in my own Book of Nightmares.

Aw, c'mon...the place'd go freaking nuts as soon as we heard "YOU FOOL! Dude, whadda ya think you're doooooing".

If Hitchhiker were a Stone song, this would be a different story...if he writes these songs they're charming :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:41 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

iceagecoming wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
iceagecoming wrote:

Aw, c'mon...the place'd go freaking nuts as soon as we heard "YOU FOOL! Dude, whadda ya think you're doooooing".

If Hitchhiker were a Stone song, this would be a different story...if he writes these songs they're charming :roll:

What are you trying to say?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:08 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

In all honesty i'm kinda joking...but i do feel that if Stone had wrote Hitchhiker people wouldn't hate on it so fast. Ed's reputation and expectation is too high, so when he comes up with a fun poppy song people are a little too quick to dismiss it. Stone can write a song like Don't Gimme No Lip, and it's cute because Stone's nasally little tone is all over it.

I actually Hitchhiker - the plodding bass line, the high double tracked vocal..I think it's fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

iceagecoming wrote:
In all honesty i'm kinda joking...but i do feel that if Stone had wrote Hitchhiker people wouldn't hate on it so fast. Ed's reputation and expectation is too high, so when he comes up with a fun poppy song people are a little too quick to dismiss it. Stone can write a song like Don't Gimme No Lip, and it's cute because Stone's nasally little tone is all over it.

I actually Hitchhiker - the plodding bass line, the high double tracked vocal..I think it's fun.

HITCHHIKER, BIG WAVE and GIVEN TO FLY are my son's favorite Pearl Jam songs.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

SLH916 wrote:
iceagecoming wrote:

That's a strange little triplet. I really hope they bust out Hitchhiker at the Camden show he's attending. If this happens make sure you bounce along to it with him so he's not the only one excited. If i were there i'd be bopping along.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

iceagecoming wrote:
SLH916 wrote:
iceagecoming wrote:

That's a strange little triplet. I really hope they bust out Hitchhiker at the Camden show he's attending. If this happens make sure you bounce along to it with him so he's not the only one excited. If i were there i'd be bopping along.

:haha: My son is a very strange little boy.

Well...uh...he's my son.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Sunny wrote:

Quote:
With no new record to support, McCready says the group plans to dig deep over the course of its two-hour-plus show. "We'll pull from all the records and do some obscure B sides and some hits," he says. "We'll probably end up playing covers and maybe some new songs."
They said this prior to the 2005 tour as well. Based on previous history don't hold your breathe. Bands would be crazy to road test new material prior to hitting the studio. The songs will hit the internet within an hour of the stage lights being turned off. That's not what any band wants.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

tyler wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:
They said this prior to the 2005 tour as well. Based on previous history don't hold your breathe. Bands would be crazy to road test new material prior to hitting the studio. The songs will hit the internet within an hour of the stage lights being turned off. That's not what any label wants.

*fixed

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mine wrote:
tyler wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:
They said this prior to the 2005 tour as well. Based on previous history don't hold your breathe. Bands would be crazy to road test new material prior to hitting the studio. The songs will hit the internet within an hour of the stage lights being turned off. That's not what any label wants.

*fixed
See Ed's latest tour and taping policy. It's not what the band wants.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

tyler wrote:
Mine wrote:
tyler wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:

*fixed
See Ed's latest tour and taping policy. It's not what the band wants.

He didn't do anything he plans to release next month.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:18 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

tyler wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:
They said this prior to the 2005 tour as well. Based on previous history don't hold your breathe. Bands would be crazy to road test new material prior to hitting the studio. The songs will hit the internet within an hour of the stage lights being turned off. That's not what any band wants.

Do you think My Morning Jacket's record sales will suffer because they played their new songs live and put it on NPR? I doubt Wilco's record sales have hurt in the past when they debut new material. DMB and Radiohead aren't hurting for record sales and they do it all the time. Widespread Panic makes there songs much better by playing them live a few times before recording them.
Not what ANY band wants?

I hope Pearl Jam throws out a couple. They have quite a bit in the past: NAIS, I Am Mine, Thin Air, Brain of J, Red Mosquito, Lukin, Habit, Comatose, Gone, and you know the Vs./Vitalogy stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:26 pm 
AnalLog

tyler wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:

no they didnt. they said they would NOT play songs from the upcoming album in 2005 and instead kinda made it a lost dogs tour. gone was only played b/c they didnt decide to put it on the album until after they played it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:07 pm 
Got Some

we prolly wont get anything new this summer, a la canadia 05... i just wanna hear black red yellow, than i can die a happy person

my dvds:
http://db.etree.org/jimbojones1138

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live