Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lowlight79's Mixer (Mixing....)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 pm 
Got Some

Kevin Davis wrote:
Notable exceptions: "Everyday," "The KKK Took My Baby Away," "Whip It."

I thought "Whip It" was a train wreck. I can't understand why people hold it in such high regard. They even play it on the radio. Embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I don't know that "high regard" would be the phrase I'd use--I just think it's fun. I don't think I've heard Devo's original more than once or twice, so Pearl Jam could have screwed it up royally and I probably would have been none the wiser. For what it was--an excuse for PJ to come out in Halloween costumes and play a one-off novelty cover on the last night of an historic venue--I think it's pretty enjoyable. Hilarious too, which is probably more what they were going for.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Good day all,

Well, on this breezey October day, I have moved onto Disc 6. The first part is complete and I will move onto the rest of it today. I will begin work for Disc 4 this weekend with the hopes of having it done by next wednesday. That only leaves Disc 8 part A & B to be completed. I have already gone back over the completed discs and made some "fix edits". It has been a challenge to blend all these tours together.

On the topic of covers which came up this week. I originally took out the blood after the AC/DC cover. I now put it back it, not sure wether it will stay or not. But some interesting tidbits. Some random LL79 facts that have been found while I am putting this together....

- The band plays songs right after the song evenflow very well.
- Ed says thank you after every fucking song.
- Songs taken from the bands second encore have sounded better then the first.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:19 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

lowlight79 wrote:
But some interesting tidbits. Some random LL79 facts that have been found while I am putting this together....

- The band plays songs right after the song evenflow very well.
- Ed says thank you after every fucking song.
- Songs taken from the bands second encore have sounded better then the first.

Interesting indeed. Thanks for that - I'll make sure to check out post Even Flow tunes from now on.

Remembered to ask dude that I hung with most of party night if he had any idea why I had a large (fist-sized) purple bruise on my chest. He said he remembers "OW!" but that's it. Guess I'll never know.

Trades.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:08 am 
Johnny Guitar

I guess there's no chance to squeeze in the recent Bridge School Benefit rarities, huh? 8)
Walk with Me, Dancing Barefoot, Santa Cruz, Other Side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 am 
Mike's Maniac

dreadd41 wrote:
I guess there's no chance to squeeze in the recent Bridge School Benefit rarities, huh? 8)
Walk with Me, Dancing Barefoot, Santa Cruz, Other Side.

It's very unlikely.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hello all,

It's thursday update time! This will be short and sweet. I am done with disc 1-7. I am currently working on Disc 8. and listening back to the first 14 discs to make some minor fixes. Each disc will be broken down into two parts. So on CD you have 16 discs and on your ipod, you will have 8 seperate concerts. Artwork has started also and the board member working on it has put together some great stuff from what he has shown me of his first drafts.

As far as the BSB tracks go. I am gonna listen to a few AUD recordings this week and see if I can fit anything in. But at this point, I am not sure where to even put them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:12 pm 
Force of Nature

Sounds awesome. I'm pretty excited.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hello all on this rainy thursday morning, Well rainy where I am, but let's get down to business. The first draft of the mix is DONE. It's done!!! pretty much all I have to do now is listen back and make some minor fixes (which started yesterday) I have went through disc 1A to 3B at this point. The final running tab on this is 8 ipod concerts and 16 discs. Each disc runs between 30-47 minutes. When combined as 8 ipod concerts, it's about 77-82 minutes. I can't believe that it's actually done. I popped a beer when I finished it on tuesday night. I will be sending the setlists sometime next week hopefully to my man doing the art work and once that is done, details will be come on when and how this will be available for whoever wants it. I hope you guys enjoy the insanity that I tried to put together here.....What I have done it try to represent highlights and rareties from the last 3 years.

P.S
I believe I have found away to maybe go back and take another stab at my 2005 mix I never completed. Stay tuned....

Post subject: Re: Lowlight79's 2010 Mixer ( Mixing is done, Final fixes time)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 pm 
Got Some

I'm pretty damn excited about this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:50 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Happy Saturday Y'all. As I type this I am literally surrounded by boxes from packing all week. Even with packing and getting ready to move. I did some listen backs and edits. Disc 1a to 5b have been re-edited and are ready for a final listen. Before I start packing today. I am gonna work on 6a & 6b. I will do disc 7a tomorrow as disc 7B came out fucking perfect. Disc 8 will have to wait till I move. It's done, but I am considering making changes. So hopefully I finish that disc sometime next week. The artwork is next and it will be nice early x-mas gift. Have a good weekend all!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hey all,

I have completed my move to my new place and will be hooking lowlight79's ground zero mixing zone tonight. But before I had to take apart the mixing zone in my old place. I finished the final mixes on all the discs. Disc 8 went through some intensive re-editing and additions. So I don't think it will need more. It's artwork time folks. I would like to let you all know that fellow board member Ridleybradout is working on some excellent artwork. If anyone saw what he did for his own tour comp, he is gonna have something great for this one. He will start his magic this weekend. Once that is done, it will be available! Once it's done. I will post the setlists for each disc set.

Thanks
LL79

Post subject: Re: Lowlight79's 2010 Mixer ( Artwork Time, Mix coming soon)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

looks like i better stock up on cds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Awesome to hear and big thanks to you both. Really looking forward to giving this a listen.

You are a prince among men. 8)

Remembered to ask dude that I hung with most of party night if he had any idea why I had a large (fist-sized) purple bruise on my chest. He said he remembers "OW!" but that's it. Guess I'll never know.

Trades.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:27 am 
Unthought Known

Varis wrote:
Awesome to hear and big thanks to you both. Really looking forward to giving this a listen.

I agree with this bloke about the other fella

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:52 am 
Master of Meh

clint72 wrote:
Varis wrote:

I agree with this dude's response to the aforementioned bloke's comments regarding that same fella.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:10 pm 
Mike's Maniac

spenno wrote:
clint72 wrote:
Varis wrote:

I agree with this dude's response to the aforementioned bloke's comments regarding that same fella.

Not to start a bromance here, but your no slouch either spenno, tht=at aussie mix u made came out awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hello all,

Special tuesday update with thursday being turkey day. I have already started transfering the mix to Ridleybradout so he can work on the artwork. That process of transferring should be over sometime this weekend. Once the artwork is finished by ridleybradout and he gives his final artwork, I will post the setlist and artwork for all to see with my comments on each track for why I picked it. I found that people actually wanted to read what I had to say about the tracks back for the 2003 and 2006 mixes. Have a happy thanksgiving all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hello people and welcome to Decemeber! December brings cold weather, the holidays, fat from the holidays and this Decemeber will bring the new mix I have completed. Ridleybradout is in the process of finishing complete artwork for the mix. Ipod artwork, and CD artwork which he showed me and it looks really awesome. He is also working on some tracking for the mix as when I put these things together, not being a professional, I really never worked on fixing the tracking.

Ridleybradout has decided to take it upon himself to do it for the whole mix and once he is finished. That is it we are done. I would say be here Wednesday Decemeber 22nd for an early x-mas gift. Leading up to that, I will be posting the setlists and my little comments. I hope u all enjoy it....it's live on 16 legs!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live