Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-19: Tulsa, OK: Brady Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-19: Tulsa, OK: Brady Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm 
Got Some

From the pit:

Brain Damage/ Sometimes
Can’t Keep (Ed forgets first line and stops playing. He has trouble hearing what people are suggesting and it takes some time for someone in the audience to come up with “I want to shake...”)
Sleeping By Myself
Without You (Ed asks to see the audience so the house lights are brought up a bit. Ed talks about the building and its age. He says ukuleles probably were played a fair bit here. This song is from about 15 years after this building was built)
More Than You Know
I Am Mine
You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
(Ed swaps acoustic guitars and comments that the one he is holding now was made about five years after the theater was built. He speculates that it might even have been played here. He also notes that he is seeing a lot of parents bringing young children to the shows. Ed apologizes because he knows he is going to use bad language and the parents are going to have to explain to the kids what those words mean. “You know, well that word is how you kids were made...No..not cocksucker....oops, fuck.” Ed then talks about how the next song is more than just a love song but a song about the relationship between parents and children. He dedicates the song to the parents who bring their children to the show.)
Just Breathe
(Ed knows he has mentioned it before but it was such an honor to have a great songwriter like Willie Nelson cover one of his songs that once he heard it, he couldn’t stop doing it like Willie.)
Man Of The Hour
(audience member shouts “4/20/02”. Ed notes that the request is for a song about Layne Staley of “Alice In Chains”. This leads to a brief discussion of drugs and a Bill Hicks reference. Ed moves onto the top of Man of The Hour. As Ed reveals the song is about the difficult relationships between parents and children and how children, no matter how innocent they seem, eventually they are going to rebel. Ed says he is lucky. He hasn’t had to deal with that yet. He talks briefly about Chris McCandless from “Into The Wild”)
Far Behind (Ed starts to play with the wrong guitar. He gets the right one and starts over)
Setting Forth
Guaranteed
(Ed notes that he has liked being in Tulsa and was excited for the show but that he has made more mistakes tonight than he has the whole tour. He says he heard the theater was haunted and jokingly suggests that the ghost has possessed him and doesn’t know how to play any of the songs. He also tells a story about trying to explain the meaning of the lyrics of Guaranteed to his very young daughter. The line “don’t come closer or I’ll have to go” was too complex to explain to her so he told her Chris was saying that to the bear in the film. She was cautious when she would visit her dad in the studio because she thought the bear might be at the studio as well.)
Rise
Long Nights w/ Glenn (“I am going to play this for the love of my life. She isn’t here tonight, I hope yours is.”)
Picture In A Frame
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Lukin
Porch

Encore Break 1
(Ed looks at a pile of requests that have made it to the stage. He jokes that he will look these over and get them for tomorrow night's show. People laugh and start shouting requests again. Ed says “Okay, the forums are closed.” He talks about his days as a waiter and says he doesn’t take orders any more. Unless they are “from Stone Gossard, then I say, ‘yes sir’....sometimes...” Another person shouts that they are glad Ed is feeling better he talks about his injury in the spring and how he couldn’t play for more than 90 seconds. He then breaks in to the fast strumming he plays in “Millworker” showing that he is back in good form. after that he says the next song was a request he got earlier in the day)
Millworker
The Kid’s Are Alright
Unthought Known
(Ed invites Glen out to play the next few songs. Ed says the next song is by Jerry Hannan. A great songwriter from Northern California. I am glad he let me sing his song. (for the film Into The Wild) It might be my favorite one on the album.)
Society w/ Glen Hansard
Sleepless Nights w/ Glen no mics or PA
(Ed talks about growing up in working class Chicago and Glen in Ireland. He talks about Woody Guthrie and the next song. He asks the audience to sing along)
This Land Is Your Land w/ Glen
(Ed says “one of our long time crew members, who has been with us through some of the toughest times including Roskilde couldn’t be here but some of his family are. His name is Pete Beattle and I would like to dedicates the next song to the members of the Wilkins family.”)
Falling Slowly w/ Glen
Forever Young
Rockin’ In The Free World

Encore Break 2
(Ed has a young boy come on stage to start the tape machine for “Hard Sun”)
Hard Sun w/ Glen
Dream A Little Dream

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-19: Tulsa, OK: Brady Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The stone gossard comment was funny...."sometimes"....those two !!

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live