Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-16: San Antonio, TX: Lila Cockrell Theatre (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-04-25: San Antonio, TX: Lila Cockrell Theatre (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 pm 
Spambot

I have one ticket for this show that I cannot use. It's for sale if anyone is interested. Or, i'll trade it for one ticket to the 4/27 show in Austin.

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-16: San Antonio, TX: Lila Cockrell Theatre (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

there were 2 new songs:

Show Set List

01. Can’t Keep
02. Sleeping By Myself
03. Without You
04. Goodbye

(while playing, “One more sad one. Get the depressing stuff out of the way early.” Halfway through the song Ed gets lost and stops playing. “Sometimes when you get emotionally involved is when you fuck up. Where are Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament and Matt Cameron when you need ‘em?”)

(Ed mentions the terrible traffic going from Dallas to San Antonio. He was concerned that he was going to have an “Axl Rose” moment and not make it until 10:30. He talks about seeing police lights and thinking of Snoop Dog, Willie Nelson and Fiona Apple getting pulled over. “It is too bad they didn’t all get pulled over at the same time. That would have been quite the collaboration.” He says there is no pot on his bus. He is waiting until he gets back to Seattle where pot is legal. He jokes about rolling a huge joint and walking his dog. He plans on getting saddle bags for the dog so he can share with anyone he meets. He also thanks the audience for making it to the show even though it had to be rescheduled.)

05. You’re True

(Ed tells a story about going to his guitar teacher when he was about 16 and meeting Danny Kortchmar. Ed, his teacher and Danny played some Jackson Browne songs and some old blues songs. Danny produced a cigarette case with ten perfectly rolled joints. When the joint was passed to Ed he realized that he needed to work as hard as he could to become a professional musician. Not because he wanted to be a great guitar player but because Danny had the best weed Ed ever had.)

06. I Am Mine
07. Sunset Drive (NEW SONG inspired by his bus ride into San Antonio and the beautiful Texas sunset. He says that a text from Glen, in a car behind his bus, inspired the chorus. ‘San Antone’ (sic) and the show he is going to play are referenced several times)

08. Dead Man
09. Wishlist

(Ed says “this next song was a request.” which causes the audience to start shouting songs at at him. He says, “No, this WAS a request, not ‘I am taking requests or annoy the guy on stage by shouting songs. It was a request by someone I met yesterday.” At this point a woman screams incoherently. Ed asks if she is okay, “can someone get her a Xanax?”

Ed talks about how having children has changed the way he writes songs. He wants to spend as much time with his girls as he can so he finds that he writes songs more quickly. The next song he wrote when his wife and daughters went out to lunch for an hour. He finished in 51 minutes and spent the next nine wondering when they were going to come back because he missed them.)

10. Gone

(Ed notes he has written a number of songs about “getting outta there. Just going.” That carry’s over into writing songs for “Into The Wild”)

11. Far Behind
12. Guaranteed

(Ed praises the sound in the room and mixer Kevin McKenzie. “The guy that has been doing Front Of House for a long time, Greg Nelson, is at home. Greg is home because he and his wife just had their first child, Lucy Pearl.” He continues “So Nelly, I will see you in Tulsa in two days? I am kidding! What am I? Papa John’s here? Let’s dedicate this one to Lucy Pearl.”)

13. Rise-(Dedicated to Lucy Pearl Nelson. The daughter of friend and Front Of House Engineer Greg “Nelly” Nelson)
14. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard

(After a long string of raucous, guttural screaming of “Eddie” over and over Ed asks if there are any cowboys out there that can rope whatever is making that noise?”)

15. Her Majesty-(Lennon, McCartney)
16. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
17. Man Of The Hour
18. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
19. Lukin
20. Porch

Encore Break 1

(“We lucked out, we picked the right place to end our tour through Texas. I spoke to Jeff Ament today who is out with RNDM. We are passing each other like two satellites. It sure is great to be in a band with your best friends. It’s good to be back in San Antonio. We have been away for nine years which is eight too many.” Ed says he wants to dedicate the next song to someone who has been a big supporter, Mr. Brent Barry. Brent has some guests that are recently married. Brent switched seats with them so they could be up front. Ed dedicates the next song to the newlyweds.

21. Just Breathe
22. Pump Organ (so far unnamed song that he occasionally plays live with the working title ‘pump organ’. This version has lyrics rather than wordless singing. melody and arrangement get fine tuned every time it is played)

22. I’m One-(Townshend)

(Ed talks about seeing bad behavior in people in general and parents and how that gives you an example of how not to behave. He relates a story about seeing a woman at left turn light just shouting and screaming. He is so happy he “isn’t that person. To be that worked up over being held up at light is so insignificant. It applies to this next song which is about a traffic accident. Don’t be in such a rush, we all get there eventually, and by that I mean death. Don’t rush towards it.”)

23. Last Kiss-(Cochran)
24. Unthought Known
25. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
26. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant) (busking style-no mics or PA)
27. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
28. Parting Ways

Encore Break 2

(Ed invites an active duty soldier named David who is going to Afghanistan soon up on stage to perform Hard Sun with him and Glen)

29. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard and David-(Peterson)
30. Dream A Little Dream-(Khan, Schwandt, Andree)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 pm 
Spacegirl

i don't get the papa john's reference.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 am 
Johnny Guitar

Papa John's is laying people off post-election.

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live