Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-11: Austin, TX: Bass Concert Hall (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-11: Austin, TX: Bass Concert Hall (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Anybody have 2 extra tickets for this show that they're looking to sell? The only tickets left through the venue are "limited view" seats.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 pm 
Got Some

Another cut & paste from the pit:

01. Tuolumne (played by Ed live. Starts with the curtain down, halfway through the song curtain raises revealing Ed playing guitar)
02. Small Town
03. Can’t Keep
04. Sleeping By Myself
05. Without You

(Ed asks the house lights be brought up. He says, “Maybe because it is a college but not only are you a good looking group but you look smart as well.” He talks about the football game on Saturday and how Coach Royal would be proud of that first play.” He shows the audience that the stool he is sitting on is a Texas Longhorns stool. He has been using it for years and for all of his solo tours, “So Austin, you are always on my mind....or under my ass, however you want to think about it.” Ed notes that the last few ukulele songs were sad but the next couple are going to be happy just to balance it out.)

06. Your True (during the instrumental outro Ed says this is the part where the couple in the song ride off into the sunset)
07. Light Today
08. Trouble
09. Wishlist

(Ed talks about how working with Tim Robbin’s on “Dead Man Walking” lead to meeting Sean Penn, who tried to get Ed to act in a film. Ed declined the acting and eventually Sean asked him to record a song for “I Am Sam”. That lead to writing “Into The Wild” which finally gave Ed the impetus to do solo tours.)

10. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away

(A person in the crowd is screaming random nonsense. Ed ask the person if they are all right and if their wife brought their medication. Ed notes that the crowd the night before got a little out of hand and while it doesn’t bother him much he feels a responsibility to the others in the audience that might be bothered by it so he is going to try and settle down some of the shouting. He then tells the story about the time he climbed some scaffolding on the Capitol building and got all the way to the top.

11. Far Behind
12. Setting Forth
13. Guaranteed

(Ed asks the crowd if they know Howard Zinn? They do and Ed goes on to say my friend Douglas Brinkley, a great writer and historian is here tonight and it is a real pleasure to play in front of him tonight)

14. Guaranteed

(Ed notes that the sing language interpreters are not here tonight. He misses them and says they were great. He had a whole list of words he wanted wanted to get them to act out. He explains to the audience members that weren’t here Friday what they were doing. He spells out the word he used repeatedly at the previous show that got so much attention and that the interpreters spelled and mimed Ed mimes the gesture himself while telling the story. “Again, it’s a compliment, it’s not a bad thing....”)

15. Rise

(Eddie invites out Glen Hansard and notes, “you were right, this is a good crowd”. “This song was originally written for the film “Body Of War” about Tomas Young. I have been thinking about him a lot today. (Today is Veterans’ Day)

16. Long Nights

(Some guy in the audience shouts something at Ed. Eddie asks him to repeat himself, when he still can’t make it out he says, “we talked about this before, take the cock out of your mouth and say it again.” The guy says he wants a beer and a joint. Ed says well, I am sure you can get a beer up there and probably find whatever else you need. I would love to help you out but everybody else would have to wait for about ten minutes while I try to get up there...”)

17. Better Man

(Ed says, “Now I feel kinda bad, do we have a song called ‘beer and joint’? If not we should totally write one. We could do it on this instrument right here.” He pulls out his Gibson electric Ukulele. He demonstrates how it sounds acoustically and how it sounds through his guitar amps. He then plays..)

18. Loud Uke-(new song) Same as the song played in El Paso [called Les Paul Uke on that set list]. Ed adds a lyric “All I need is a beer and a joint” a reference to the guy in the audience that Ed has been teasing.)

19. Fourth Of July
20. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed asks for a person named Dennis to come down. Dennis brought Ed a typewriter. It has a USMC stamp on it. Dennis included a note that says the typewriter belonged to Dennis’ dad who passed away a few years ago. Ed thanks him and says it means the world to him. “That this was given to me on Veteran’s Day isn’t lost on me.” Ed talks about his friends that were in the military or are currently in the military. He goes on to talk about how he is sometimes accused of being anti-soldier because he is against the wars we are in. He says it is exactly the opposite. “It is because I care about the soldiers that I am anti-war. I am pro soldier and I care about them.” He also talks about now that we are not raising money for the presidential campaign we can go back to raising money for various charities that need help like wounded warriors or Sean Penn’s group in Haiti. Let’s look out for our folks here (in the military). It is a travesty that they aren’t taken of.)

21. Masters Of War

(Ed says two of his favorite Texans are here in Austin. One is Keith “Zonk” Moreland here in the audience. He says t”he other Texan is Willie Nelson.” Willie covered my song “Just Breathe’ and if Willie was here I would tell the guy in the back to talk to Willie, he could set him up)

22. Just Breathe (after the song Ed plays a little of the “Willie” version)

(Ed explains the origin of the wings that sit behind him. He talks about losing Dennis Flemion and how sudden and tragic it was and still is. He is very happy to be able introduce Dennis’ brother and bandmate Jimmy Flemion. Jimmy comes out and is clearly emotional. He thanks Ed for all the nice things he has done for them and The Frogs. Jimmy dedicates the next few songs to Dennis.)

23. The Longing Goes Away w/ Jimmy Flemion

(Ed says “Those of you wanting to get into the music business should listen to this song. I want to warn you that you probably don’t need a major record label anymore. This song was written when you did.)

24. Starboy w/ Jimmy Flemion
25. Society w/ Glen Hansard
26. Sleepless Nights-(busking style-no mics or PA)
27. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard

(Ed thanks Glen and Jimmy for coming out and singing with him. He asks the audience to sing with him as well)

28. Unthought Known
29. Arc

Encore Break 2

30. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard and Jimmy Flemion

(Ed talks a little bit about the show originally was to be in May and the injury he received. He thanks the audience for coming out and says that the other big problem with the show being rescheduled for today meant he missed his wife’s birthday so even though she had a good day he wants to play one song for her.)

31. Picture In A Frame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

longing goes away! yes!

must have....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 pm 
Got Some

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm 
Master of Meh

lord vedder wrote:

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for sharing that, Cameronia.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 am 
Got Some

spenno wrote:
lord vedder wrote:

:heartbeat:

FUCK. YES.

Anyone have a mp3 to post? Stupid 10c took it down :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 am 
Got Some

From Jimmy's Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 am 
Got Some

Ten Club took down the video. What a bunch of fuckin' assholes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm 
Got Some

Cameronia wrote:

:comp:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm 
AnalLog

how'd dude die?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 pm 
Got Some

warehouse wrote:
how'd dude die?

He drowned.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/ ... f887a.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 pm 
Got Some

Ed mentioned this song during his show in Carré in Amsterdam this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 am 
Got Some

Cameronia wrote:

It's back up with this message from Sabrina Flemion through The Frogs Official band page on Facebook:

For the record I was given permission to share this video and the Pearl Jam Fan Club took it down. They were informed to remove the ban and immediately did so. I was not aware of this til this morning. After the video was taken down, it re
ally bummed me out and then I started to write. I never really share much on FB anymore and share very little about my life. This performance really moved me. Here it is...Again...

It has only been a little over 4 months since the passing of Dennis and our ever changing life goes on with out him. ALL of you who love Dennis whether it be family, friend or fan, think of Dennis. I am a fan of both Jimmy and Dennis aka The Frogs. I love the purity and the genius of the brothers, the way The FLEMION brothers connect with each other is an undeniable gift of the 2 soul mates. My journey getting to really understand Jimmy and Dennis began July 2001. I was blown away by how much music was created by the 2 brothers. I was a fairly new listener only discovering The Frogs in 1996. When I saw Jimmy's catalog of music (WOW!), the never ending thousands of songs created by he and Dennis and thousands(?) of unreleased material that sit in the basement, all categorized by year and session. It was an honor and privilege to visit Dennis' house and see all the photo albums, the art, the recordings, the videos and listening to Dennis talk and talk and talk. I thought this cannot be, it's a shame that there was so much stuff and only few albums released and why the struggle, these brothers are just too good. I became apart of the family. I knew what they had was special and the content was brilliant, They told the story "their" way and made you think, question, laugh and cry. The Frogs were NOT about HATE. The Frogs are about LOVE!!!. LIFE is hard, we are all unique and we all share different views, we can all agree on something or disagree, simple as that...Jimmy and Dennis understood that completely! MOST of us can think, question, laugh, cry and they did that thru song and with success. Who could put something disturbing with a beauty behind it... if they chose? The Frogs... Yet that is not what they were(ARE) all about, very many layers to both Jimmy and Dennis. Many people confused, many were in love, some hated it and many decided to go on THE JOURNEY with them anyway and would learn... I LOVE The Frogs! They were saying something that no one else was talking about and I was listening, I was on board. Jimmy and Dennis are 2 beautiful souls and I am proud to be Jimmy's wife and Dennis' sister in law. I became so frustrated over the years for The Frogs because they still had "the day jobs" and things just moved along so slowly and yet they did what they had to do never giving up on the dream! Dennis with his genius mind always asking for opinions of others and never listening to what the HELL anyone had to say... left some of us frustrated as he was going to do it his way anyway. We got it, it was Dennis' way, he did it his way and it was okay for he was a MAN,MAN,MAN with a plan... a true genius in this GAME. Jimmy and Dennis are good people and deserved to have the success they want and that is to just play music and create the ART full time! The story is… 32 1/2 years playing and writing music struggling to get the foot in the door and so it goes and yet it is a beautiful story of 2 BROTHERS connected and their journey thru song and music. I would tell Jimmy “but you did make it” “Jimmy look at the opportunities you had, not everyone gets to experience what you did, no one can do what you and your brother do"... I had my share of conversations with Dennis on the phone and I believe everyone who spoke with Dennis would agree he had the same conversation with all of us, right??? Dennis wanted respect, Jimmy wanted respect and THEY got it from many of US and many of YOU, yet not the way they wanted. THEY didn't really see that all of the time unfortunately. Sure they made you laugh, it's a part of the show (is it?).....THE FROGS were more than that.

On November 11 2012, Jimmy would see Eddie for the first time since the death of his brother Dennis. It was a very emotional night for Jimmy. Not to mention the first time on stage with his songs and without his brother next to him. He would join Eddie with the very wings Dennis gifted to Eddie years prior and have shared the stage since. Eddie and The Frogs share a history. From the stories shared by Jimmy and Dennis, Eddie respected The Frogs even when some of his fans didn't. I can't speak for Eddie but I believe, Eddie knew... He understood Jimmy and Dennis and what they had was special. Eddie invited Jimmy to play guitar and perform once again, Jim's songs, to honor Dennis and The Frogs music. Our kids were in the audience that night and they got to witness the respect of Jimmy and Dennis aka The Frogs. I was very moved, it was beautiful and I was proud of my husband. I cannot say enough about what The Frogs mean to me, as I am not very good at putting into to words or... am I doing it now? I LOVE my husband Jimmy and LOVE my brother in law Dennis. Dennis I miss you and wish you were still here. You had to go for reasons we may not understand and it's okay. I wish I could have more conversations with you or shall we say "listeningszz".... Eddie Thank you once again for the respect you gave to Dennis and Jimmy and being the kind friend they know you to be and thank you for a beautiful and memorable performance and allowing me to share this with everyone! Let the performance speak for itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Mx7x6GiME

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live