Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-24: Jacksonville, FL: Moran Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-05-08: Jacksonville, FL: Moran Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 pm 
Team Binaural

Looks like I'll be headed south to this show. :thumbsup:

I just try to ask as many questions as I can, and then I try to sit down and write a story that people will want to read. – Chris Jones

conoalias wrote:
you are good people chin.

Team Binaural

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 am 
Johnny Guitar

I have four fan clubs for this one but only need two so I will trade two them for two fan clubs to any other Florida show. I will try Friday for others &at the box office and will update afterwards if no offers.

Datfly

Last edited by datfly on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm 
Got Some

In, quickest TM transaction ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 am 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

I now have an extra pair of tix, seated together for May 8th if anyone is interested. Face value and I will cover insured shipping and tracking etc.
Thanx
-EV

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-24: Jacksonville, FL: Moran Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 pm 
Johnny Guitar

This show was the original second show so now the Fan Club tickets are for the 11-25 show.

Looking for REALLY, REALLY, good tickets for this show.
I'm talking first couple of rows good - Center Orch preferred.
While not condoning I am willing to pay it takes to get there.

FOUND - FRONT ROW - THANKS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Due to one hand not knowing what the other is doing I have TWO extra pairs of Fan Club Tickets for this show.
Asking face value.

Datfly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm 
Got Some

Cut & paste from pit:

Curtain lifts to recorded Tuolumne...

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Can’t Keep
(guy in audience screams “welcome to Jacksonville Eddie”. Ed responds, “Home of the Jackson Five? No wait that is (sings) Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana.” He then invites the audience to be seated because “we are going to be here awhile. I made the same offer to Tulsa but by the end of the night they couldn’t stand up...but you guys seem much more dignified than that...”. A women shouts “I love you Eddie!!”. Ed, “Well, I can’t see you but I am sure I love you too. I am going to play another quiet song before the fireworks start.” This is in reference to a riverside boat parade that ended with fireworks.)
Sleeping By Myself
Without You
(while Ed is talking to the audience about playing in Florida and this being his first time in Jacksonville fireworks can be heard going off. Ed says, “that is pretty loud for the quiet song I was gonna play.. can you you hand me that loud ukulele?” He talks a bit about the instrument and says, “if they are going to make that noise out there this is my answer..”)
Loud Uke
Soon Forget (fireworks can still be heard going off outside especially during the “whistling” part)
Light Today
Brain Damage/Sometimes
(Ed tells of reading a Bruce Springsteen interview where for a while Bruce would pick a person in the front row and sing the entire show to them. Looking them in the eye the entire time. Ed says, “I tried it a couple of times but I would look at the person and after minute they would look down. I would keep looking at them, they would look up and I would still be singing to them so they would look back down...and I understand that. I would be weirded out by that too.” Somebody shouts a request for ‘Red Mosquito’. “yeah, that is a good one...I am never gonna play it but it is a good one...you kinda want to have Mike McCready at your back for that...but this one is a request”)
Girl From The North Country
I Am Mine
(“I don’t know what to say about this next song...It is based on a true story. It happens to male same sex couples, female same sex couples, male and female couples. It happens a lot. To much. I remember I got to play the song with Pete Townshend. He was listening to a live version. Pete said, ‘I really like the chords and the way the crowd is singing along. I like that the song is so dysfunctional and so many people relate to it.’”)
Better Man (lullaby version)
Far Behind
(Ed, “some of the songs on Into The Wild are really short but that is because the scenes are so short. People say, “It’s a good song but it is so short.” Ed’s reply was “Play it twice.” He said I didn’t want to give Sean (Penn) a 4 minute song for 1:15 scene. He was already doing all the hard work. And is still doing the hard work. Just a little ways away from you in Haiti. He has been there for two years working his flesh to the bone.”
Ed then tells a story about going camping with his family in Florida and having to swim in a lagoon that reeked of sulfur. His Dad threw a rock at what appeared to be a log but when the rock struck it the “log” sank. When they left they realized they were close to another lagoon that had some alligators in it. Ed realized that his father had chucked a rock at an alligator. Ed feels lucky to have survived his first trip to Florida.)
Guaranteed
Rise (dedicated to transexuals)
Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
(Ed talks about the community of fans that meet and hang out with each other on the tours. He says that there are probably people at the show now that are around 20 that were conceived during Pearl Jam’s early tours)
Immortality
Porch

Encore Break
(Ed compliments the audience. “We are going to be here awhile, I don’t know where I am playing tomorrow but fuck those guys...present company excluded.” A guy in the audience yells, (for perhaps the 15th time) “Welcome to Florida Eddie”. Ed comments that tonights show would make a good bootleg..but everyone would be wondering why that guy yells “welcome to Florida” about every two songs. Ed equates it to a flight attendant welcoming you to Florida. “We arrived at the same time, why are you welcoming me?”)
Driftin’
Pump Organ
Speed Of Sound
Let My Love Open The Door
(Ed dedicates a song to the Merrit (sp) family. Dr. Merrit is the doctor in Hawaii that takes care of the big wave surfers. Another Dr. Matt (?) is Ed’s dealer, music dealer. He gets Ed all sorts of great music.)
Society w/ Glen Hansard
Sleepless Nights w/Glen Hansard no mics or PA
(Ed says, “Obviously, I wouldn’t be playing this next song without Glen and after this tour I am really going to miss playing it. Hopefully someday again in the future...)
Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard
(“I am gonna play a Willie Nelson song, at least it is now..”)
Just Breathe
Unthought Known
Rockin’ In The Free World

Encore Break 2
Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard
Tomorrow Night-new cover

Fun show with a reasonably well behaved crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm 
Spambot

Hey Kittens,

It's been a while since I've logged in to a pj online fan community forum but I'm taking my mother to see Ed in Jax tonight... does anybody know what time he usually takes the stage? Thanks, love you.

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live