Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-25: Jacksonville, FL: Moran Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-25: Jacksonville, FL: Moran Theater (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 pm 
Johnny Guitar

I have two fan club tickets for this show to trade for two fan club tickts for Clearwater 1 or 2.
I will meet you at the Box Office as that is when I will have them. My friend and I both scored Jax 1st Night so one pair is up for trade.

Datfly

This was originally the first show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm 
Team Binaural

Eddie Vedder
Times Union Center for Performing Arts
Jacksonville, FL
Nov. 25, 2012

Show Two Set List

01. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
02. Don’t Be Shy-(Yusuf Islam)

(Ed greets the crowd and talks about how the audience the night before was the perfect balance between enthusiasm and respect for the music and each other. “I didn’t have to play lifeguard and look out for people and make sure there was nothing going on. I don’t like playing lifeguard. I want to surf with the rest of you. Now, I am not just out here playing shows I am scouting for places for Pearl Jam to play so...If we get two good ones here...)

03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Can’t Keep

(“See, ukulele songs don’t all have to be about sitting on the sea shore. Not that there is anything wrong about sitting on the sea shore..” He talks about the next song being a sad one and that if it happens to you get a ukulele. It is a song writing machine. “You can write happy or sad songs. You can go both ways. Not that I go both ways...It’s just that sometimes...a male voice shouts out of the darkness ‘well timed male voice shouts “I love you Eddie”..Ed says, “That, like that..of course at the time that I wrote this song I probably would have slept with that guy”)

05. Sleeping By Myself

( a conversation that digresses and ends up making R. Kelly’ references and ends up with Ed talking about his wife and family)

06. You're True
07. Thumbing My Way
08. Good Woman-(Chan Marshall)
09. Wishlist

(Ed says he usually only plays this song if he has some reason to but tonight he is happy to say that he hasn’t lost anyone lately)

10. Man Of The Hour

(Ed talks about Into The Wild and surfing and the best way to warm your entire body by internally warming your wet suit. They also ran into Jelly Fish and Ed wished he had given more thought and planning to when and how much he urinated.)

11. Far Behind
12. Setting Forth
13. Guaranteed

(Ed says that when he gets home in December, now that marijuana is legal he is going to roll a joint the size of a Duraflame log. “In Seattle we have all these great laws, legal pot, gay marriage and you can download music for free..oh wait, that is everywhere, damn it.”)

14. Rise
15. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard

(Ed has the campfire and stars turned back on. He talks about being at a campout and people asking him if he knows “Take Me Home Country Roads or something by ABBA” He briefly sings a bit of “Fernando” and says, “No, I don’t really know that one but I know this one....”)

16. Lukin
17. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed talks about what a privilege it is to play for so many people in the military here in Jacksonville. He also talks about the organization “Wounded Warriors”)

18. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt)
19. I’m One-(Townshend) for Ed’s friend Dr. Matt. (While strumming the intro Ed says that “Pete’s music meant so much to me, still does, that I used to think I should send Pete ‘Father’s Day’ cards.”)

20. Just Breathe
21. Unthought Known
22. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
23. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryan, Bryant) played with mics and PA
24. This Land Is Your Land w/ Glen Hansard-(Guthrie)
25. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
26. Open All Night-(Springsteen)
27. Parting Ways
28. The End

(Ed explains the origin of the song “Arc”. Although he hasn’t talked much about it before he describes how the song was layered up using 9 vocal tracks that repeat and loop. One vocal track for each person that died at Roskilde. He likens the song to a prayer. “There aren’t really words because there are no words to describe how we feel about what happened.”

He goes onto say that he had been thinking about the Wounded Warriors and figured that it would take 28 hours to do a vocal loop for all of the soldiers killed and even more if the suicides were included.)

29. Arc

Encore Break 2

30. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Peterson)
31. Dream A Little Dream-(Kahn, Schwandt, Andree

I just try to ask as many questions as I can, and then I try to sit down and write a story that people will want to read. – Chris Jones

conoalias wrote:
you are good people chin.

Team Binaural

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm 
Team Binaural

Parting Ways :heartbeat:

So glad I decided to stay for this show.

Two very cool nights.

I just try to ask as many questions as I can, and then I try to sit down and write a story that people will want to read. – Chris Jones

conoalias wrote:
you are good people chin.

Team Binaural

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live