Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-27: Orlando, FL: Bob Carr PAC (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-27: Orlando, FL: Bob Carr PAC (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:29 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Due to one hand not knowing what the other is doing I have a extra pair of Fan Club Tickets for this show.
Asking face value and will meet at the box office when tickets are released.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:41 pm 
Fuck Sharks

How much are they, Mike?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 am 
Johnny Guitar

ScottZeagle wrote:
How much are they, Mike?

I think they are about 90 each when all was said and done.
However for you I will give you a below face value offer since
we have seen PJ together a few times!

Let me know.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Still Available

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 pm 
Fuck Sharks

I was just informed today that I have a meeting at work that won't allow me to make it.

Thanks for the offer though....got an extra for Clearwater???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm 
Got Some

From the pit:

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
I Am Mine
(Ed tells the audience that he can’t believe he has only been here three times. He says if the crowd is good he will report back to the guys in Pearl Jam. He also tells the audience they are going to be here for a while so take advantage of the seats. “I have also noticed that out in the audience...(guy in crowd yells “turn your fucking phones off!” Ed says, “my phone is off. I turned it off before I came out here. If you see a phone on it is some other asshole.” He then notes that the they are having trouble with the lights which is causing them to turn on and off. It isn’t part of the show and they hope to have it worked out.)
Can’t Keep
Sleeping By Myself
(“the ukulele kept the sad songs from being too sad. It was just light enough to keep out suicidal thoughts.” He talks about a book on knots he got and learned to tie a noose. His friends didn’t appreciate the joke when he sent them polaroids of him with a noose tied to a beam and around his neck. “The only reason I could write a happy song is I finally met the right girl”)
Without You
Light Today
(Ed talks about being about 18 or 19 and having to move back to Chicago because he had no money and no job. He tells of riding busses and sitting at cafe tables where customers have left half cups of coffee and drinking those and getting refills. He also spent time at the library looking at music books and learning chords for songs. One of those songs happened to be the song Sean Penn asked him to do for “I Am Sam”. Ed knew that song from his days spent in the library.
You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
Wishlist
(Ed tells a story about when his daughter was about three “sitting in the back seat of my car singing ‘Hollaback Girl’ and she has my squint, so she is back there singing ‘it’s my shit, it’s my shit..’ looking totally bad ass”
“The other song she would sing is”...Ed then sings and plays a little bit of ABBA’s “Fernando” changing the title lyric to “Orlando”.)
Good Woman
(Ed’s youngest daughter brings out the guitar for the next song. Ed comments, “That is a good woman”)
Better Man
Far Behind
No Ceiling
Guaranteed
(Dedicated to two great kids that aren’t directly related to Ed, Griffin and Haley)
Long Nights w/ Glen
(some knucklehead in the audience keeps yelling gibberish at Ed. Something about mashed potatoes and gravy. Ed asks him what he is going on about. The guy then yells “Ed ate all the leftovers!” Ed jokes, “If I was George Bush and gave people nicknames yours would be “Leftovers”. Audience laughs and cheers. Ed then says, “you know there was a guy a few shows ago that was just yelling nonsense. Nobody could make out what he was yelling. Well, the guy wrote an email to us and apologized for being so drunk and acting so rudely. We thanked him and sent him a link to alcoholics anonymous. True story!”)
Immortality
(Ed recalls a story about playing a place called “The Edge” back in 1991 or so. He talks about the terrible steroid freaks working security. Ed started to climb on I-beam and one of the security guys went after him and they ended up having wrestling/jousting match on the I-Beam. Ed managed to escape and dive into the crowd leaving the security guy holding his flannel shirt.)
Porch

Encore Break 1
Last Kiss
Just Breathe
Pump Organ
Unthought Known
(Ed’s friend Bronson Arroyo comes onstage to play with Ed. Ed says he doesn’t normally play this song. The last time he did it was for a $5,000 donation to the Heal EB charity. http://healeb.org He had heard that Bronson could play the song and was in town so he thought he “would play it again for free.” He does ask that people donate to the charity if they can. “This will work better if you guys sing along like we around the campfire. Can we get the campfire turned back on?”
Black w/ Bronson Arroyo (playing acoustic guitar)
Society w/ Glen
Sleepless Nights w/ Glen no mics or PA
Falling Slowly w/ Glen
(some guy yells ‘Glorified G’. Ed says, “What’s that?..we are never ever getting back together? Is that what you said?” He then notes that if Jimi Hendrix was alive he would have been 70 years old today. “And he probably would have lived next door to me. Me and Jimi, hanging out, smoking some pot. Mike McCready on the other side. Hell I wouldn’t even need any pot just those two guys playing would be enough.”)
Crazy Mary
(Ed switches to acoustic guitar and plays another outro round of Crazy Mary then segues into...)
All Along The Watchtower/ Rocking In The Free World
(Ed only played a a little bit of “Rockin” and he played it slowly and quietly. It was more of tag with “Watchtower” )

Encore Break 2
Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard & Bronson Arroyo
Dream A Little Dream

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live