Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: Main Squarre Festival (Arras, FR) 30-6-12
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
AnalLog

thanks to the Pit for having this, as RM has shunned the North of France.

Set List:
01. Release
02. Go
Ed-"Before we play another note we just want to thank Florence and the Machine for bringing the sunshine, both literally and figuratively. She also spoke very beautiful French, which I won't even try. We are just going to play."
03. Severed Hand
04. Do The Evolution
05. Better Man
Ed-"This is just the perfect time of the evening for this song"
06. Low Light
07. Amongst The Waves
08. Even Flow
09. Wishlist
10. Lukin
11. Corduroy
Between songs Ed notices the band on the neighboring stage is so loud that he wonders if they should skip playing a quiet song. They decide to play one anyway.
12. Nothing Man
Ed-"I know you know the great Joe Strummer, mostly from The Clash but he was in another band called the Mescaleros. Joe has been gone for a long time know but we have been thinking of him a lot and listening to his music. This song is from The Mescaleros it is called 'Arms Aloft'"
13. Arms Aloft
14. Unthought Known
15. The Fixer
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
17. Given To Fly
Ed talks about the history of the band members previous projects and how long they have been together. All of this leads up to talking about the the next song being one of the first things they wrote.
18. Breath
19. Just Breathe
20. Black
21. Jeremy
22. Alive
23. Yellow Ledbetter
As the band are saying goodnight they thank the band playing next door and and then dance to their music

Post subject: Re: Main Squarre Festival (Arras, FR) 30-6-12
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

A fucking mazing :-) more when i get home

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

- 5 days, 3 Pearl Jam shows, 8 Yield songs (Given to fly 2x, Do the evolution 2x, Brain of J, Wishlist, Lowlight, In Hiding). :luv: :luv:
- I was just a tiny little bit disappointed I saw Breath being scrapped from the Amsterdam II setlist. So ... there we go
- Today was my grandfather's funeral. I doubted very long if I would go to the show. In the end I decided around 7pm I would go, show at 9.30. It would do me good after a long & heavy day. And then they open with Release... :peace:
- I seem to be in the minority but I really really love Arms Aloft. Always did even before PJ covered it.
- i went alone to the show but ended up pretty much at the front talking with some Americans, a Brazil guy, some French guys, two Swedish guys, some Italians, ... As Eddie pointed out when he saw all the flags, it's so great this music can bring together so many people from all over the world. It's just really amazing.
- I still stand by my point Lowlight will never be 'nailed' live, but I'm still very very happy to have seen it live for the first time.
- Festival set ... :shock:
- Band was in a great, great mood. Seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves, appreciate the fantastic crowd, the location (which they loved last time as well), laughing at each other, having fun.
- Opening the encore with Given To Fly made me go a little crazy.

I love this band. I really, really love this band. This show, together with both Amsterdam shows, gave me such a blast and helped me through a very difficult week. I can honestly say I haven't felt this way about Pearl jam since 2005.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Release & Breath were added. :luv:
Amongst the Waves & Unthought Known replaced something something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:26 pm 
Got Some

Looks pretty good. Interesting to see corduroy further down the setlist.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:26 pm 
Got Some

I was there too !
Great show, as Angus mentioned, the band was really having fun, Stone head-banging during the first batch of songs, Mike interacted with the crowd in front of him as usual, perhaps even a little more than usual. I was on Mike's side, at the left from the sound booth, 4-5meters to the stage. The sound was great after the 2 first songs except for Jeff's bass who was drowned in the mix (but that was the concern with all the bands that played the main stage, you couldn't hear the bass player). Matt Cameron did an amazing job on the outro of black, really putting the song in another dimension.
As for the crowd, well, seeing the numbers of PJ shirts all afternoon, it was really a fans audience. Where I was, we were mainly French and Belgian fans. I was quite worried by the French ones because they were really douchy before the start of the show, screaming various shitty jokes, singing (really badly) why go verses and stuff like that. But when the music started, apart from a lot of bad sing-alongs, it was a nice spot to watch the show.
There was the usual over-drunk festival goer trying to get closer to the stage. Man, the guy could barely stand up but he kept trying to shove his way in a well-packed area, not understanding that there were barriers just 2 meters in front of us. He finally managed to get his way but he was so smelly that it was a relief to let him pass.
Apart from that, the setlist was really amazing, unexpected in a festival. My wife and I had a great show, too bad that the weather in the afternoon was so rainy but overall, a night to remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 am 
Banned from the Pit

EllisEamos wrote:
Ed-"Before we play another note we just want to thank Florence and the Machine for bringing the sunshine, both literally and figuratively. She also spoke very beautiful French, which I won't even try. We are just going to play."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am 
AnalLog

darlingguys wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

it's nice to see Ed doesn't do the "hover hand."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:26 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EllisEamos wrote:
darlingguys wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

where did you saw that pic?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Got Some

Dang was that pic taken in the 70's??! It looks SO VINTAGE!!

:|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 pm 
Banned from the Pit

VinylGuy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
darlingguys wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

where did you saw that pic?

Florence and the Machine's facebook.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

so ed seems to be friends with almost every singer songriter female from these days...regine from arcade fire, corinne bailey rae, florence, corin tucker , cat power....
i wonder what jill thinks of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 am 
Banned from the Pit

VinylGuy wrote:
so ed seems to be friends with almost every singer songriter female from these days...regine from arcade fire, corinne bailey rae, florence, corin tucker , cat power....

jill is hotter than them to be honest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:03 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:

maybe jill is into chicks too?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

warehouse wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

maybe jill is into chicks too?

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live