Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012-09-30: U of M Adams Center: Misoula, MT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

liamdog7 wrote:
There's more passion in this thread than throughout all of Backspacer

I didn't see any Gems & Rhinestones in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 am 
Banned from the Pit

southp wrote:
liamdog7 wrote:
There's more passion in this thread than throughout all of Backspacer

I didn't see any Gems & Rhinestones in this thread.

Nor Fixer-ing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Are we all growin out of Pj? I had that very feeling at Manchester one this year. Night two wiped away that feeling though. Maybe they should have played two shows.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 am 
Johnny Guitar

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=422823

Pearl Jam 20120930 mk4cmr
Info hash 411bf9be76a3cfae3ef67b60918c7233c25bf257
Description Pearl Jam 2012-09-30
Adams Center, Missoula MT

schoeps mk4+cmr->naiant tinybox->tascam dr-2d->usb reader->cool edit pro->cdwav

01 Elderly Woman behind the counter in a Small Town
02 Corduroy
03 Do the Evolution
04 Got Some
05 Given to Fly
06 Amongst the Waves
07 Severed Hand
08 Unthought Known
09 Not for You
10 State of Love and Trust
11 Jeremy
12 Ghost
13 Daughter
14 Know your Rights *
15 Comatose
16 Why Go

Encore 1

17 Last Kiss #
18 Off he Goes
19 Low Light
20 Man of the Hour
21 Nothingman
22 Better Man

Encore 2

23 Wasted Reprise
24 Life Wasted
25 Fortunate Son &
26 Alive
27 Kick out the Jams @
28 Rockin' in the Free World **
29 Indifference

* [Strummer]
# [Cochran]
& [John Fogerty]
@ [Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner] (w/ Mark Arm and Steve Turner)
** [Young]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am 
Master of Meh

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Are we all growin out of Pj? I had that very feeling at Manchester one this year. Night two wiped away that feeling though. Maybe they should have played two shows.

Not me. I love Backspacer.
Give me a setlist with Unthought, Got Some, GSMF, Just Breathe, FON and The End and I'm a happy camper. Much better IMO than hearing Ghost, Cropduster, Green Disease, Get Right or Bushleaguer. Can you tell I'm not much of a Riot Act fan?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

southp wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Give me a setlist with Unthought, Got Some, GSMF, Just Breathe, FON and The End and I'm a happy camper. Much better IMO than hearing Ghost, Cropduster, Green Disease, Get Right or Bushleaguer. Can you tell I'm not much of a Riot Act fan?

I prefer Backspacer rather than RA all day...even those BS songs im really tired, UK and JB specially, i prefer them over get right, ghost or cropduster all day. I wish they play gsmf, fon and sos more often.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

southp wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I prefer Backspacer rather than RA all day...even those BS songs im really tired, UK and JB specially, i prefer them over get right, ghost or cropduster all day. I wish they play gsmf, fon and sos more often.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm 
Unthought Known

datfly wrote:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=422823

Pearl Jam 20120930 mk4cmr
Info hash 411bf9be76a3cfae3ef67b60918c7233c25bf257
Description Pearl Jam 2012-09-30
Adams Center, Missoula MT

schoeps mk4+cmr->naiant tinybox->tascam dr-2d->usb reader->cool edit pro->cdwav

01 Elderly Woman behind the counter in a Small Town
02 Corduroy
03 Do the Evolution
04 Got Some
05 Given to Fly
06 Amongst the Waves
07 Severed Hand
08 Unthought Known
09 Not for You
10 State of Love and Trust
11 Jeremy
12 Ghost
13 Daughter
14 Know your Rights *
15 Comatose
16 Why Go

Encore 1

17 Last Kiss #
18 Off he Goes
19 Low Light
20 Man of the Hour
21 Nothingman
22 Better Man

Encore 2

23 Wasted Reprise
24 Life Wasted
25 Fortunate Son &
26 Alive
27 Kick out the Jams @
28 Rockin' in the Free World **
29 Indifference

* [Strummer]
# [Cochran]
& [John Fogerty]
@ [Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner] (w/ Mark Arm and Steve Turner)
** [Young]

anyone else having trouble getting that torrent to work?

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:05 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Jesus Christ, Paul. That's just crazy talk.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Long Time follower/Rare poster.. Ive been to ~35 shows now... I must admit the day has come where Ive started to lose that magic feeling as well. To me the sole contributor to this has been the deteriation in Eddies voice.. He has lost that volume that use to take this really good band and put them on another stratosphere. Hearing Eds voice live for me was the magic.. Ill never forget the power of Release in MSG 98'. Soo... its 2012', Eddie is alot older, still smokes, and is voice is not getting any better unless he has some magical vocal surgery (if thats even possible).... To me, his voice just dosent fit most of the music of the past anymore.. He cant power those high tempo rock songs like he used to. Thats a fact.. Now.... I still do and will always love his voice. Its just different. The band needs to find a diff style that accomidates this.. I know most fans dont want it, but purhaps a slower-mid tempo record that can translate to a better live performance.. Idk.. Just my opinion.. BTW, I absolutely loved eddies solo show at the beacon and think his voice fits that kind of music selection better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Ed is definitely the weak link at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm 
Coast to Coast

You'd think his voice would be in better shape what with all that Chinese throat medicine he gulps down in every show. Gallons and gallons of throat medicine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm 
AnalLog

theplatypus wrote:
You'd think his voice would be in better shape what with all that Chinese throat medicine he gulps down in every show. Gallons and gallons of throat medicine.

:haha:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:55 pm 
Unthought Known

Y'know, I didn't see Ed smoke at all sunday. Anyone?

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 pm 
Got Some

lips5725 wrote:
Long Time follower/Rare poster.. Ive been to ~35 shows now... I must admit the day has come where Ive started to lose that magic feeling as well. To me the sole contributor to this has been the deteriation in Eddies voice.. He has lost that volume that use to take this really good band and put them on another stratosphere. Hearing Eds voice live for me was the magic.. Ill never forget the power of Release in MSG 98'. Soo... its 2012', Eddie is alot older, still smokes, and is voice is not getting any better unless he has some magical vocal surgery (if thats even possible).... To me, his voice just dosent fit most of the music of the past anymore.. He cant power those high tempo rock songs like he used to. Thats a fact.. Now.... I still do and will always love his voice. Its just different. The band needs to find a diff style that accomidates this.. I know most fans dont want it, but purhaps a slower-mid tempo record that can translate to a better live performance.. Idk.. Just my opinion.. BTW, I absolutely loved eddies solo show at the beacon and think his voice fits that kind of music selection better.

Agreed. He sounds so much better solo these days. Definitely fits the state of his voice better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

ejny wrote:
lips5725 wrote:

Agreed. He sounds so much better solo these days. Definitely fits the state of his voice better.

His voice has lost power of course, but for me its better than in 2008..that´s gotta be the worst year for ed´s voice with pearl jam.
This tour there are some really good shows, amsterdam 2 being the best, berlin 2 very close to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm 
Unthought Known

lips5725 wrote:

Agreed. It's another reason why setlist selection is so important to PJ's live shows now.

lips5725 wrote:
Ill never forget the power of Release in MSG 98'.

When this PJ thing is over and done, of all the shows I have been to, those will be the most special.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

southp wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Solidarity Southp. I too will take Backspacer over Riot Act. I just wish the former had the same production as the latter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
southp wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Solidarity Southp. I too will take Backspacer over Riot Act. I just wish the former had the same production as the latter.

Yeah production quality aside, I get more enjoyment out of Backspacer. As for mixing those songs into the setlists, it's just like what everyone is saying - tailor the new albums and the sets to better suit Ed's ability. They can still play Save You and Comatose, but not a consecutive string of those songs. Perhaps that's the reason they played the low-key 1st encore the other night?

As for all the bitching about down-tuned songs, it's just a fact of life - a man's voice deepens as he gets older. Neil Young deals with it as best he can, and so will Ed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live