Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:36 pm 
Corin's Cutie/Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Athletic Supporter wrote:
Where's The Old Board? wrote:
loralei wrote:
guys guys guys guys

Anyone who knows anything about nutrition-
I'm trying to lose 10 pounds but I still want to eat at Wendy's. Is it better to get a salad (without fried chicken in it) and use my own low-fat dressing OR to get a grilled chicken sengwich with a baked potato?

The salad. If you get the sandwich and potato that's a lot of simple carbohydrates in the white bread bun and dry tater.
Best option is the salad with your dressing and some of their chili, its high protein and low fat.

Well it depends, if its your dinner, you can get away with a little grilled chicken and potato, assuming you dont binge the rest of the night... If its lunch you should probably go salad... really depends how you're eating the rest of the day

You can't eat empty carbs at the end of the day when you cease activity!

To be honest I dont even look at carbs when Im dieting, I just go on a straight 1800 calorie diet and I wind up losing a good 1.5 pounds a week... I personally think this carb thing is out of control... yea if u dont eat carbsyoure gonna lose weight, but good luck doing it long term... cutting your empty carbs isnt a bad idea, but this isnt something you're going to eat everyday (hopefully)

Sleater-Kinney, I will always <3 you! : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:38 pm 
Devil's Advocate

loralei wrote:

I always thought I was pretty smart about nutrition. However, I think we may have figured out why I work out like a maniac but never lose any weight.

I <3 potatoes

You may want to have your thyroid checked, seriously. Mrs. AS had the same problem but found out she had hypothyroid, now she's on a hormone balancing drug and it's all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

loralei wrote:

I always thought I was pretty smart about nutrition. However, I think we may have figured out why I work out like a maniac but never lose any weight.

I <3 potatoes

You may want to have your thyroid checked, seriously. Mrs. AS had the same problem but found out she had hypothyroid, now she's on a hormone balancing drug and it's all good.

Also, keep in mind that working out can only take you so far... If you jog for a whole hour straight you only burn 300 calories... If you go eat two ham sandwhiches, boom the 300 is back... The real value in exercise is in the health benefits, not necessarily the weight lose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:48 pm 
Devil's Advocate

To be honest I dont even look at carbs when Im dieting, I just go on a straight 1800 calorie diet and I wind up losing a good 1.5 pounds a week... I personally think this carb thing is out of control... yea if u dont eat carbsyoure gonna lose weight, but good luck doing it long term... cutting your empty carbs isnt a bad idea, but this isnt something you're going to eat everyday (hopefully)

I try to eliminate white breads and other simple starches from my diet though. They provide virtually no nutrition, usually no fiber, and little flavor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:51 pm 
Stone's Bitch

loralei wrote:
guys guys guys guys

I'm trying to lose 10 pounds but I still want to eat at Wendy's. Is it better to get a salad (without fried chicken in it) and use my own low-fat dressing OR to get a grilled chicken sengwich with a baked potato?

if you really want to lose weight don't go near Wendy's or any other chain. Everything in that place is filled with preservatives and other crap. For lunch a grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato is a HUGE meal! You'd be much better off if you cooked a bunch of chicken breasts on the grill at the beginning of the week and then take one a day for lunch. One chicken breasts should be plenty to fill you up.

For me, eliminating carbs has always worked best. It's probably just my body type but eating breads and potatoes is one sure way to pack on the pounds. Sure it fills you up but that kind of stuff just weighs you down. Stick to light tuna fish salad and chicken and pork and you'll be OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:54 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

I don't like the direction this thread is going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I try to eliminate white breads and other simple starches from my diet though. They provide virtually no nutrition, usually no fiber, and little flavor.

I only eat wheat when Im on a diet, increases the fibers a tad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:01 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Dude, white bread is terrible for you. I get this stuff from Sara Lee that's fantastic. Each slice has 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and only 19 simple carbohydrates. It's got a super flavor to it, is enriched with folic acid and calcium. It's thier Heart Healthy Plus 100% Whole Wheat. Try it, it's good and good for you. I'm looking out for your health my friend, we gotta get you off the white bread soon. You're going to be a fucking diabetic :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:02 pm 
Devil's Advocate

gogol wrote:
loralei wrote:
guys guys guys guys

if you really want to lose weight don't go near Wendy's or any other chain. Everything in that place is filled with preservatives and other crap. For lunch a grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato is a HUGE meal! You'd be much better off if you cooked a bunch of chicken breasts on the grill at the beginning of the week and then take one a day for lunch. One chicken breasts should be plenty to fill you up.

For me, eliminating carbs has always worked best. It's probably just my body type but eating breads and potatoes is one sure way to pack on the pounds. Sure it fills you up but that kind of stuff just weighs you down. Stick to light tuna fish salad and chicken and pork and you'll be OK.

Better to eat a large lunch when you have 10 hours to burn it off than eating a huge dinner when you're just going to sit on the couch afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:27 pm 
Unthought Known

lefty wrote:

This thread should be about celebrating the deliciousness that is Wendy's. I had a spicy chicken sandwich with a baked potato a couple nights ago. :li:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:29 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
lefty wrote:

This thread should be about celebrating the deliciousness that is Wendy's. I had a spicy chicken sandwich with a baked potato a couple nights ago. :li:

:thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:45 pm 
Administrator

I haven't had a Frosty in awhile, folks. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:48 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Dude, white bread is terrible for you. I get this stuff from Sara Lee that's fantastic. Each slice has 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and only 19 simple carbohydrates. It's got a super flavor to it, is enriched with folic acid and calcium. It's thier Heart Healthy Plus 100% Whole Wheat. Try it, it's good and good for you. I'm looking out for your health my friend, we gotta get you off the white bread soon. You're going to be a fucking diabetic :lol:

I didnt mean that I only eat wheat when im on a diet, I eat wheat all the time, but when Im dieting I absolutely have no white bread, wheras when Im not I may have a hamburger bun here or there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

gogol wrote:
loralei wrote:
guys guys guys guys

I don't think chicken and a potato is a very huge lunch at all :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm 
Devil's Advocate

simple schoolboy wrote:
lefty wrote:

If you add cheese to the Spicy Chicken Sandwich, you will climax.

Post subject: Re: Wendy's
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:20 am 
I <3 Yoga Pants

im having chili! and crackers! and a coke!

no... :nice: :peace: :wave: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:59 pm 
Mike's Maniac

the baconator is :li:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:09 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

big bacon classic >>>>>>>>>>>> baconater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:10 am 
Mike's Maniac

:|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

so these natural cut w/sea salt french fries sound tempting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining