Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:07 pm 
Unthought Known

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
Schlitz wrote:
1/2faithfull wrote:
Schlitz wrote:
PJ addict wrote:
this thread makes me never want to eat fast food again. :( :x :?

Seriously I got a burger and fries on my way home from work yesterday at Wendys. I was starving for some reason I'm not normally that hungry in the evenings. I ate half of the burger and fries before I was full and I figured I'd reheat the other half of it tonight for dinner. I think I'll be throwing it away now.

you would re-heat wendy's for dinner?

seriously, if you need a few bucks to get by just let me know.

Why not it's a half a burger and if you nuke the fries long enough they are fine. I can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good food. I was raised that way Mr. Gourmet Chef.

I have a newfound respect for you, Kelly.

Are you making fun of me :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:20 pm 
Unthought Known

No, I'm not. I feel the same way you do.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:23 pm 
Unthought Known

StyrofoamChicken wrote:

It kills me when people throw out perfectly good food. I know a married couple that she cooks a different meal for him every night but he refuses to eat the leftovers. She throws out everything after he's done eating regardless how much is left. That gets me fired up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:23 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Schlitz wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

It kills me when people throw out perfectly good food. I know a married couple that she cooks a different meal for him every night but he refuses to eat the leftovers. She throws out everything after he's done eating regardless how much is left. That gets me fired up.

that's insane. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:25 pm 
Unthought Known

Schlitz wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

My wife usually makes a different meal every night, but we eat those leftovers like nobody's business.

yieldgirl wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:28 pm 
Unthought Known

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
Schlitz wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

My wife usually makes a different meal every night, but we eat those leftovers like nobody's business.

If I'm even at a restaurant and there is say one roll or piece of bread left in the the bread basket I'll pack it up with my leftovers to take home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:40 pm 
Unthought Known

I'd just eat it at the table if it was one piece of bread. We should go out to dinner sometime.

yieldgirl wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:56 pm 
Unthought Known

It happens. No big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm 
Supersonic

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
I'd just eat it at the table if it was one piece of bread. We should go out to dinner sometime.

I'll be the awkward third party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:10 pm 
Camden Crew

Well, I could care less about what was in the chilli.

I love wendys
I have always loved wendys
I will always love wendys

you could tell stories about every single fast food/restaurant place in the USA and have someone not want to go there. its a part of life.

now i'm off to get a spicy chicken sandwich with biggie sized fries and a biggie sized dr.pepper...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:46 am 
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Schlitz wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

some meals are good to eat as leftovers, others aren't. that still doesn't mean that they should throw away EVERY one of those meals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:29 am 
Johnny Guitar

I was craving Wendy's tonite.. Spicy chicken combo with a large chili.. Finger lickin good. haha

But seriously, I think it's safe to eat there, not that it's healthy.. Neither is McDicks or anything else really. I'd sue, make some money if that shit happened to me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:53 pm 
Unthought Known

StyrofoamChicken wrote:

I would love to James!

PhilPritchard, you are more then welcome to join :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:57 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I drove by Wendy's today on my way to work this morning. I shuddered when I remember what started this thread then I couldn't help but laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:58 pm 
Unthought Known

PJ addict wrote:
I drove by Wendy's today on my way to work this morning. I shuddered when I remember what started this thread then I couldn't help but laugh.

Yeah and for those that had their doubts that this was not true, it was mentioned on the Today Show. That made my morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:01 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Schlitz wrote:
PJ addict wrote:

Yeah and for those that had their doubts that this was not true, it was mentioned on the Today Show. That made my morning.

Glad I missed that. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:34 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Schlitz wrote:
I try and eat everything low fat or fat free. Every now and again I need a break. Usually I'll wait to the weekends and eat one meal on saturday and one on Sunday but it can be whatever fattening, greasy, or cheesy thing I want.

I started doing that, and I lost 60 pounds in a year. I've since gone back to unhealthier eating habits, but I haven't gained a single pound. It's still not too good for me, though.

Doing it for Uncle Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:07 pm 
In a van down by the river

apparently something is fishy with the claim

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Reports of a severed human finger in a bowl of chilli at a Wendy's restaurant have hit the firm's sales in the San Francisco area, a company spokesman says.

"We've had a severe sales impact from this, particularly in the San Francisco-San Jose bay area," said spokesman Bob Bertini from Wendy's corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ohio, on Saturday.

"It's very important to us to find out what happened in this incident. We believe someone knows exactly how the piece of finger got into the chilli bowl," he said.

The company has offered a $50,000 (26,520 pounds) reward to the first person offering verifiable information about how the finger found its way into a bowl of chilli at a franchise in San Jose, California, on March 22.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported this week that police has searched the home of Anna Ayala of Las Vegas, who filed a complaint about biting into a human finger after spooning up a mouthful of chilli at the San Jose Wendy's on March 22.

A San Jose Police Department sergeant would say on Saturday only that investigators travelled to Las Vegas this week to serve a search warrant in a private home connected to the case. "The investigation continues," added Sgt. Nick Muyo, declining to further describe the search.

Calls to Ayala's home went unanswered on Saturday.

The Chronicle reported on Saturday that Ayala has filed legal complaints against commercial establishments before. She won a claim against a restaurant after her daughter contracted salmonella poisoning in 2003. She sued a car dealership and tire manufacturer after an accident in 2000. That case was dismissed.

Wendy's has said its own investigation found no evidence of any finger or hand accidents among workers or suppliers at the San Jose franchise in late March.

Police also focused on where the finger had come from.

"From a law enforcement point of view, once you establish it is a human finger, you have to wonder is this a case of industrial accident or is this a case of unreported homicide," Muyo said.

Wendy's this week forecast that first quarter profit would be lower than a year earlier, citing higher beef prices and a slip in sales in March. It did not cite the chilli incident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

"the chilli incident"

*shudders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

apparently my roomy doesn't read the news, because later that day, i was home watching the tube and he walked in with a bag of wendy's and pulled out a cup of chili, near the end of it, i looked over and said

"need a hand with that?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining