Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

jimmac24 wrote:
I watch the Food Network more than any other channel other than ESPN.

I cannot stand Rachel Ray at all. She giggles at herself too much and talks as if her audience is a kindergarden class. I turn the channel as soon as I see her on.

I also really enjoy Michael Chiarello, Everyday Italian, Barefoot Contessa, and the Iron Chef shows.

You don't think Barefoot Contessa talks as if her audience is a kindergaten class? I hate that show.

Is Michael Chiarello that simple entertaining guy? I like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:05 pm 
not a big Gay guy

B wrote:

ugh

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:24 pm 
Unthought Known

The Food Network is missing out by not showing Nigella Lawson. But it's still one of my favorite channels on television. I really don't like Rachel Ray but her food is amazing. I watch her back to back episodes every week day. Alton Brown is like the Bill Nye of the food network. Good Eats is one of the best shows. Bobby Flay... oh let me count the ways. Iron Chef America lives up to its predecessor EXCEPT for the guy on the floor... Kevin I think is his name. He has no clue what's happening and he can't explain what anything is for. Alton has to save his ass every time he speaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:26 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

knuckles of frisco wrote:
i really despise the easy entertaining guy and the barefoot contessa show. both smack of "we're just so rich, aren't we? i mean, look at us! we're rich!"

I feel the same way in that regard but I absolutely love the foods they make. They really do a great job. Plus that Contessa lady is always going nuts with the booze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:27 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I like this little Italian Canoli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:28 pm 
Unthought Known

Zutballs wrote:

GORGEOUS. But there's no way she eats her own food all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:29 pm 
not a big Gay guy

Outsider wrote:
The Food Network is missing out by not showing rick bayless.

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:30 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Outsider wrote:
Zutballs wrote:

I'd eat her all the time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:34 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

B wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:
I watch the Food Network more than any other channel other than ESPN.

I cannot stand Rachel Ray at all. She giggles at herself too much and talks as if her audience is a kindergarden class. I turn the channel as soon as I see her on.

I also really enjoy Michael Chiarello, Everyday Italian, Barefoot Contessa, and the Iron Chef shows.

You don't think Barefoot Contessa talks as if her audience is a kindergaten class? I hate that show.

Yeah, thats the guy. I don'tthink the Contessa lady talks that way, she does talk as if she's stoned or one of those pilled out housefrows. I can see what you mean though. I guess what makes a show for me (as it should) is the quality and creativity of the foods they make. I think Flay, Contessa, Chiarello and the Everyday Italian girl make some really awesome food and it's usually more along the lines of the foods I enjoy. More people hate Flay than anyone else on that network but he has been my favorite for years dispite what people think is an arrogant attitude.

Alton Brown is awesome, I would like to see him in a regular, in the kitchen type show. He trained at the best culinary school in the country, I forget the name. I'd like to see him really show what he can do in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, good eats is top notch and usually everyday stuff that regular people can make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:36 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Zutballs wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Zutballs wrote:

I'd eat her all the time. :wink:

As hot as she is, her show is boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:22 pm 
not a big Gay guy

jimmac24 wrote:
Alton Brown is awesome, I would like to see him in a regular, in the kitchen type show. He trained at the best culinary school in the country, I forget the name.

new england culinary institute, hence the NECI hat you see him wearing in early episodes.

i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:26 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Anyone read Alton's books? I've read I'm Just Here For The Food and Gear For Your Kitchen.

I didn't buy I'm Just Here For More Food, b/c it's mainly about baking and I'm a terrible baker.

I also read and love two books his website suggests:

What Einstein Told His Cook by Robert L. Wolke (a sequel is now out)
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:00 pm 
Resident Frat Dick

I *heart* Rachael Ray.

9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/5/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/26/09, 9/25/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:15 pm 
not a big Gay guy

B wrote:
Anyone read Alton's books? I've read I'm Just Here For The Food and Gear For Your Kitchen.

I didn't buy I'm Just Here For More Food, b/c it's mainly about baking and I'm a terrible baker.

I also read and love two books his website suggests:

What Einstein Told His Cook by Robert L. Wolke (a sequel is now out)
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky

you can skip 'more food' unless you're really into baking. it's a good book about baking, but i'm not much of a baker, either.

i enjoyed wolke's book as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:03 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Outsider wrote:

I love Bayless' show Mexico One Plate at a Time. It rocks. I hate his brother Skip Bayless though, that guy is a jackass.

11/12/93, 09/16/95, 07/05/98, 10/14/00, 10/15/00, 10/17/00, 04/03/03, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/02/04, 09/04/05, 08/05/07, 06/11/08, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/20/10, 05/21/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Vitalogy wrote:
Outsider wrote:

I love Bayless' show Mexico One Plate at a Time. It rocks. I hate his brother Skip Bayless though, that guy is a jackass.

His Frontera hot sauce kicks ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:17 pm 
not a big Gay guy

Vitalogy wrote:
Outsider wrote:

i didn't even know they were brothers. anyway, yeah, that show is great, except for its timeslot. 8:00 pm on friday night on PBS? i'm never around for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:58 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Vitalogy wrote:
Outsider wrote:

i didn't even know they were brothers. anyway, yeah, that show is great, except for its timeslot. 8:00 pm on friday night on PBS? i'm never around for it.

Shoot, I don't know. It used to be on here in Dallas at 11:30 on sat mornings on PBS, but it hasn't been on in a long time. I haven't seen it in like a year.

11/12/93, 09/16/95, 07/05/98, 10/14/00, 10/15/00, 10/17/00, 04/03/03, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/02/04, 09/04/05, 08/05/07, 06/11/08, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/20/10, 05/21/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:58 am 
Jeff's Tramp

i like the southern cooking broad, but i can't remember her name.

that would be Paula Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:29 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I miss Jamie Oliver. :( Is he even on anymore?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining