Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 327  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:13 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:
If you drink Yuengling ... switch to the Black & Tan. (see also Saranac's Black & Tan :li:).

i hate it..last time i drank b+t i puked

yuengling = pottsville piss water

You're not allowed to trash a beer recommended by ME in MY THREAD, unless you tell me what you DO like! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:21 am 
Supersonic

B wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:
If you drink Yuengling ... switch to the Black & Tan. (see also Saranac's Black & Tan :li:).

You're not allowed to trash a beer recommended by ME in MY THREAD, unless you tell me what you DO like! :evil:

ill drink whatever has alcohol in it..mostly..i just hate yuengling..maybe its bec the brewerys right next to my house and i secretly despise all the widespread attention it gets..

it doesnt matter, im not sure that you can find yuengling in dallas..a friend of mine moved to dallas and went into withdrawl cuz he couldnt get lager anywhere

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:47 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:

ill drink whatever has alcohol in it..mostly..i just hate yuengling..maybe its bec the brewerys right next to my house and i secretly despise all the widespread attention it gets..

it doesnt matter, im not sure that you can find yuengling in dallas..a friend of mine moved to dallas and went into withdrawl cuz he couldnt get lager anywhere

you live in pottsville? i went there and took the yuengling tour one time when visiting some family in PA. one thing that struck me was how you get to walk right through the brewery, right up to the open mash tun, right along the bottling lines and everything! on the redhook tour out here in the pacific nw, you are far removed from the process.

yuengling is far from being the best shit out there, but you have to give them props for their longevity and history.

i love beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:38 pm 
Supersonic

bigeye21 wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:

you live in pottsville? i went there and took the yuengling tour one time when visiting some family in PA. one thing that struck me was how you get to walk right through the brewery, right up to the open mash tun, right along the bottling lines and everything! on the redhook tour out here in the pacific nw, you are far removed from the process.

yuengling is far from being the best shit out there, but you have to give them props for their longevity and history.

i love beer.

yeah ill give them credit for all they accomplished, i just dont like thier beer

ive lived near pottsville all my life and never once took the tour..i hear it was better back in the day, theyd let you drink tons of samples after the tour till you were bombed..now i think they only give you a couple

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:38 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

i got bugs wrote:
bigeye21 wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
B wrote:

i love beer.

yeah ill give them credit for all they accomplished, i just dont like thier beer

ive lived near pottsville all my life and never once took the tour..i hear it was better back in the day, theyd let you drink tons of samples after the tour till you were bombed..now i think they only give you a couple

when i went, yeah they only gave you a couple samples. they were fairly generous samples compared to some tours, but definitely not enough to get bombed on.

agree that yuengling ain't the most quality shit on the shelf but their lager and black & tan are definitely a step above the macro-brew domestic crap that's out there. take the tour sometime if bored; it's neat from a historic angle if nothing else.

living in the pacific northwest, i am spoiled rotten with so many quality craft brewers out here. i'd never buy yuengling if they sold it out here -- just like to have a bottle or two when visiting my family in PA for nostalgic reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:50 am 
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
OLD CHUB

Scottish Style Ale by Oskar Blues Brewery, Lyons, Colorado
ABV: 8.0%

"High Altitude. High Attitude. High Land. High Ya! No Rice!"

"We've heard cans are made for boring pusillanimous beer. We couldn't agree less. Old Chub is a behemoth of a beer brewed in the tradition of the finest Scottish-style ales. We brew it with huge quantities of caramel and chocolate malt, and a touch of smoked malt. Our liquid philanthropy is your 12-ounce snub to conformity."

I'm going to retract this recommendation. I think I was woo'ed by the irreverance of the can. Scottish Ale should be sweet. I mean, the developed ale while the fucking Brits were taxing the fuck out of hops, so they said kiss my kilt, and made beer with a fuckload of malts. That being said, this beer is too sweet. It leaves an icky sweet taste in my mouth.

For a good Scottish-style ale, drink Flying Dog's Road Dog. Good beer. No shit. Just ask the ACLU, who fought to keep that phrase on the label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:09 am 
Supersonic

I just drunk 4 fat tire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:05 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

so B, what are some favorites brewed in the great pacific northwest?

here is a short list of mine:

georgetown brewery: manny's pale ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4378/12645

snoqualmie falls brewery: copperhead ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/859/3359

deschutes brewery: black butte porter
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/198

bridgeport brewery: ipa
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/43/466

full sail brewery: amber
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5316/213

widmer bros. and pyramids hefeweizens, respectively
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8/17
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/403/1237

redhook brewery: nut brown ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/153/28710

alakan brewery: summer ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/429/3961

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:31 am 
 WWW  Profile

Man, I've had precious few of those!

I like Widmer Brothers. A lot of my friends pretend that they don't, but they're just be pretentious b/c the beer is distributed by Bud. Same for Redhook, but I LOVE their Sunrye and drink a shitload of it every summer.

I went to Pyramid when I was in Seattle. I can't think of one that sticks out, but they were all quality beer. The Apricot Ale is a good one to pop on the ladies.

The only thing I've had from Alaskan Brewery is their Smoked Porter, and I think I raved about that earlier in the thread. I love any and all smoked beers. :li:

Of course, I'm suprised you can talk about Pacific Northwest w/o talking about Rogue. Gimme their Hazelnut Brown Nectar any day. God, that's good. I also like their Brutal Bitter.

I went out a couple of years ago for the Oregon Brewers Festival. http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/ It consistently wins awards as one of the top festivals in the nation. So does the World Beer Festival, here in Durham. Come by for a beer. http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbf/home.html They have it in the old Bulls Athletic Park where Bull Durham was filmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:34 am 
 WWW  Profile

Speaking of beer festivals: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinat ... vals_x.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:36 am 
Interweb Celebrity

B,

whatta you think of natural light? surely this is a premium brew.

c_b

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:39 am 
Cameron's Stallion

corduroy_blazer wrote:
B,

c_b

Its deffinantly cheap, its got that going for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:39 am 
Interweb Celebrity

i remember as a teenager, i used to steal my father's schlitz from the refrigerator.

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:41 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Natural Light is the official beer of Marshall University.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:41 am 
 WWW  Profile

corduroy_blazer wrote:
B,

c_b

Oh dear ... all the fat girls that I might not have kissed, felt up, and/or diddled if not for the evil influence of Natty Light.

It's piss-water. It makes you stupid. It gives you a hangover.

Pour it in a ludicrously-sized, iced mug and surround yourself with smoking-hot, underaged girls whilest imbibing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:42 am 
 WWW  Profile

If you gotta go cheap, go Keystone Light or Miller High Life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:43 am 
Interweb Celebrity

B wrote:

i don't like keystone whatsoever, but i can get behind high life. it was $5.99 for a 12-pack of bottles of high life at the supermarket in albany.

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:44 am 
AnalLog

B wrote:

Wrong. 40-ouncers are the ultimate cheap booze. $2 for 3 1/4 beers? How can you beat that?

Always do the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:46 am 
Cameron's Stallion

After about 4 or 5 beers the taste really doesn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:50 am 
 WWW  Profile

corduroy_blazer wrote:
i remember as a teenager, i used to steal my father's schlitz from the refrigerator.

Schlitz is now brewed by Pabst. Pabst is brilliant! They bought all these old labels of beers that were regionally huge before Budweiser crushed everything else on the market. Now they make all these sweet, kitschy beers.

Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee, Heilemans, Lone Star, Rainier, Cold 45, Schlitz, Schlitz Malt Liquor, Schmidt, National Bohemian Beer, Stag, and Stroh's

http://www.pabst.com

All are fun, all will ring in your head the next day.

corduroy_blazer wrote:
i don't like keystone whatsoever, but i can get behind high life. it was $5.99 for a 12-pack of bottles of high life at the supermarket in albany.

Why ya' bodderin' me, kid? You know what you like. You know it's piss.

Try a Spaten Lager. It's a good jumping off point from rice beers into quality stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 327  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining