Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post subject: Cooking
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:13 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

I think i'm gonna make tiramisu tonight, just for the hell of it. Anybody every make it before, this is gonna be a first time for me, so hopefully it doesn't taste like ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:16 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

i will taste test. my favorite dessert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:28 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

I'll PM some to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

seems like one of desserts that would take too much work for the final product. you should make some pate choix instead and make eclairs

Post subject: Re: Cooking
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:46 am 
Stone's Butch

If it tastes like ass you're in for a hell of a shock. Unless George Michael is popping round for tea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:50 am 
Supersonic

SmileInMyTree wrote:
I think i'm gonna make tiramisu tonight, just for the hell of it. Anybody every make it before, this is gonna be a first time for me, so hopefully it doesn't taste like ass.
yeah, i have an awesome recipe for it. i made it once. all i remember is it involves making espresso, lady fingers, mascarpone cheese and chocolate shavings.

it was one of two things my mom knew how to make well :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:52 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Theresa wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
yeah, i have an awesome recipe for it. i made it once. all i remember is it involves making espresso, lady fingers, mascarpone cheese and chocolate shavings.

Really now......I have this recipe i was planning on using, and it seems pretty simple but good. (I obviously didn't make it tonight, studying took over) but do you think you could PM me your recipe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:53 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

nm, the second time i read that i think i misunderstood. Do you not have the recipe anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:53 am 
Stone's Butch

I can't cook :( Where should I start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Deano wrote:

I can teach you how to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that taste like sex in your mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:02 am 
Stone's Butch

SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

I can teach you how to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that taste like sex in your mouth.

Mmmm I kinda meant dinners and that kinda thing, I don't eat cookies or snacks really. I guess I could use that if I was trying to impress a girl, or if Lil Red Riding Hood was coming over...but I just wanna be able to hold my end up when I move out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:04 am 
Pralines and Dick

Deano wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

Mmmm I kinda meant dinners and that kinda thing, I don't eat cookies or snacks really. I guess I could use that if I was trying to impress a girl, or if Lil Red Riding Hood was coming over...but I just wanna be able to hold my end up when I move out soon.

Deano, what happened to your sig? Fix it mate, it's giving me the shits. How can you be 23 and not know how to cook?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:04 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Deano wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

rosemary garlic chicken and rice pilaf work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 am 
Stone's Butch

spudsgirl wrote:
Deano wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

Deano, what happened to your sig? Fix it mate, it's giving me the shits. How can you be 23 and not know how to cook?

How could it be unfixed? I haven't touched it.

I lie when I say I can't cook, I lived on my own in London for two summers and did okay. I just want to be able to open up my possibilities and have a few more options in my repitore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:08 am 
Supersonic

SmileInMyTree wrote:
Theresa wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:

Really now......I have this recipe i was planning on using, and it seems pretty simple but good. (I obviously didn't make it tonight, studying took over) but do you think you could PM me your recipe?
mos def, if i can find it. will take some looking though, so you may wanna start without me :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:10 am 
Pralines and Dick

Deano wrote:
spudsgirl wrote:
Deano wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

I lie when I say I can't cook, I lived on my own in London for two summers and did okay. I just want to be able to open up my possibilities and have a few more options in my repitore.

Then do what I do and buy some of those cooking magazines that they sell at supermarkets and go through them pulling out the recipes you want to try and then try them. If it tastes like shit then don't cook it again and if tastes good then invite me over for a romantic dinner - we can talk about cricket

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I'm making tandouri chicken tonight :li:

let's just see what the morning brings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:10 pm 
Supersonic

I don't know what that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:13 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

spudsgirl wrote:
Deano wrote:
spudsgirl wrote:
Deano wrote:
SmileInMyTree wrote:
Deano wrote:

Then do what I do and buy some of those cooking magazines that they sell at supermarkets and go through them pulling out the recipes you want to try and then try them. If it tastes like shit then don't cook it again and if tastes good then invite me over for a romantic dinner - we can talk about cricket

Or better yet, just go to allrecipes.com. Cooking is pretty easy for the most part, you just need to get some practice in there. After a while you'll start to learn what works and what doesn't. Trial and error is half the fun of cooking. Just start with something simple, like an easy meat dish you can prepare with minimal work in the oven or barbeque, and throw together a few sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

bizarro-low_light79 wrote:
I'm making tandouri chicken tonight :li:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li::li:

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining