Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
*trips the fuck out*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
mastaflatch wrote:
still waiting.


Hahaaaa! I suspect that photo's long gone.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
Fortuna69 wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
still waiting.


Hahaaaa! I suspect that photo's long gone.

:peace:

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
mastaflatch wrote:
Fortuna69 wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
still waiting.


Hahaaaa! I suspect that photo's long gone.

:peace:


I've got some new photos of mushrooms I can't identify though. I'll post them for you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
Happy Birthday :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
:o thanks!

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
I found something odd today. I couldn't tell if it was a flower or a mushroom. Pretty embarrassing but if it was a flower, it was like no flower I had ever seen before round here. And it had gills, but it was really delicate. I picked it and the stem broke and curled up in four pieces. Very strange.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
Fortuna69 wrote:
I found something odd today. I couldn't tell if it was a flower or a mushroom. Pretty embarrassing but if it was a flower, it was like no flower I had ever seen before round here. And it had gills, but it was really delicate. I picked it and the stem broke and curled up in four pieces. Very strange.

the first time i went picking mushrooms, i picked a bagfull of some white chlorophylle-less plants. (i don't know what it's called so finding a picture is pretty hard)

so to help you with identificating the thing you've picked, i'd say that i have no idea :|

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
for the huge majority of RM that awaited my update, let me say that it's a wonderful mushroom year here, hear? we've got a dehydrator and i'm filling glass pots and ziplocs with these deliciously sliced fine cuisine's attributes for later feasts. i've picked a ton of Black Trumpets, almost as many Tube Chanterelles and a reasonnable quantity of Wood Hedgehogs. even if all those mushrooms are quite interresting, the Blue Chanterelles i've picked last weekend intrigue me the most. they smell like nothing else. Bon appétit!

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Here.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:37 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
mastaflatch wrote:
Fortuna69 wrote:
I found something odd today. I couldn't tell if it was a flower or a mushroom. Pretty embarrassing but if it was a flower, it was like no flower I had ever seen before round here. And it had gills, but it was really delicate. I picked it and the stem broke and curled up in four pieces. Very strange.

the first time i went picking mushrooms, i picked a bagfull of some white chlorophylle-less plants. (i don't know what it's called so finding a picture is pretty hard)

so to help you with identificating the thing you've picked, i'd say that i have no idea :|


http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forum ... hp?t=29507

I found a picture, but don't know what it's called either. No, that one yesterday must have been some sort of fungi because I saw something else similar today only older and bigger.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Here.

that's what she said!

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
mastaflatch wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Here.

that's what she said!

bazing!

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
Fortuna69 wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
Fortuna69 wrote:
I found something odd today. I couldn't tell if it was a flower or a mushroom. Pretty embarrassing but if it was a flower, it was like no flower I had ever seen before round here. And it had gills, but it was really delicate. I picked it and the stem broke and curled up in four pieces. Very strange.

the first time i went picking mushrooms, i picked a bagfull of some white chlorophylle-less plants. (i don't know what it's called so finding a picture is pretty hard)

so to help you with identificating the thing you've picked, i'd say that i have no idea :|


http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forum ... hp?t=29507

I found a picture, but don't know what it's called either. No, that one yesterday must have been some sort of fungi because I saw something else similar today only older and bigger.

there's no gills in the picture you've posted though. i'm intrigued...

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
This is like my favorite thread.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
This is like my favorite thread.

Image

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Last edited by mastaflatch on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
mastaflatch wrote:
Fortuna69 wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
Fortuna69 wrote:
I found something odd today. I couldn't tell if it was a flower or a mushroom. Pretty embarrassing but if it was a flower, it was like no flower I had ever seen before round here. And it had gills, but it was really delicate. I picked it and the stem broke and curled up in four pieces. Very strange.

the first time i went picking mushrooms, i picked a bagfull of some white chlorophylle-less plants. (i don't know what it's called so finding a picture is pretty hard)

so to help you with identificating the thing you've picked, i'd say that i have no idea :|


http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forum ... hp?t=29507

I found a picture, but don't know what it's called either. No, that one yesterday must have been some sort of fungi because I saw something else similar today only older and bigger.

there's no gills in the picture you've posted though. i'm intrigued...


That's because it's a picture of a flower, not the mushroom I saw yesterday. I did take a photo of that but it was a bit naff, and you know how I feel about posting my mushroom photos...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
warning: lenny and thodoks, RM's resident D.A.R.E. officers, are scheduled to inspect this thread imminently.

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
again?

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: wild mushrooms
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:24 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3539
Location: England
Gender: Female
Here's an impressive looking mushroom I found at the weekend. It looks a bit poisonous to me but apparently it's not. However, I thought I'd give it a miss.

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:03 am