Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Apple Cider
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

:x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:13 am 
Supersonic

randallanddarcy wrote:
Is apple cider real?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I wish I had some right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:16 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

uglyduckling wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
Is apple cider real?

Fuckin' yo! I love me apple cider. Bulmer's Original Irish is the BOMB. (It's called Magners everywhere outside of Ireland-be careful, there's an English Bulmers that is totally different and shit). Irish Bulmers, Jack Daniels, and coffee are my beverages of choice.

Shawn Smith: 1 in 2008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 am 
Former PJ Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
The supermarket I went to tonight didn't even fucking have any.

It isn't in season for another month or so.

Red Mosquito, my libido

I'm not even talking about the alcoholic drink.

Supersonic

one of my favorite drinks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

bart d. wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
The supermarket I went to tonight didn't even fucking have any.

It isn't in season for another month or so.

They're teasing me with the fall setup in the produce section.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:

You're not? What are you talking about then?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Straight up apple cider.

Basically they just press apples and bottle the juice that comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Straight up apple cider.

That's fucking apple juice! You do that with an orange, it's fucking orange juice. It ain't orange cider. Do it with a lemon, it's fucking lemon juice, not lemon cider.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Straight up apple cider.

That's fucking apple juice! You do that with an orange, it's fucking orange juice. It ain't orange cider. Do it with a lemon, it's fucking lemon juice, not lemon cider.

No. Apple juice is something very different. They add sugars and shit and it's all processed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:59 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Straight up apple cider.

No. Apple juice is something very different. They add sugars and shit and it's all processed.

You said: bottle the JUICE that comes out. Not bottle the cider that comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:01 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Straight up apple cider.

You said: bottle the JUICE that comes out. Not bottle the cider that comes out.

I know it doesn't make sense to you. But trust me, apple cider and apple juice are very different. Even though apple cider fits that actual definition of "juice" more than "apple juice" does.

Definition of CIDER
: fermented apple juice often made sparkling by carbonation or fermentation in a sealed container
: the expressed juice of fruit (as apples) used as a beverage or for making other products (as applejack)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Well, that tells me, doesn't it? Maybe Aussies and Irish people are bigger wino's than you yanks (as a gross generalisation), we need to differentiate our alcoholic ciders from our non-alcoholic juices! In Europe and Australia, we call it apple juice.

If you ever get over here, I'll buy you a Bulmer's chud. It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I have a feeling what you refer to as apple juice is the same thing that we refer to as apple juice. Apple cider is still different.

From wikianswers:

In America, apple juice and apple cider are different. Cider is unfiltered, it is a darker amber color and a bit cloudy. Apple juice is filtered and lighter in color.Some manufacturers claim that the types of apple vary, or at what time of the season the apple is processed, resulting in a less sweet, more acidic, tangier taste in cider. What's labeled "apple juice" has been processed to remove the remnants of apple and pasteurized for a longer shelf life. Hot cider is a popular treat in the fall where cider is mixed with seasonings like cloves and cinnamon and mulled.

From Ned Flanders:

Here's a little trick to help you remember. If it's clear and yella', you've got juice there, fella! If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town. Now, there's two exceptions and it gets kinda tricky here ... can be yellow, if they're using late season apples. And, of course, in Canada, the whole thing's flip-flopped.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:36 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I have a feeling what you refer to as apple juice is the same thing that we refer to as apple juice. Apple cider is still different.

From wikianswers:

In America, apple juice and apple cider are different. Cider is unfiltered, it is a darker amber color and a bit cloudy. Apple juice is filtered and lighter in color.Some manufacturers claim that the types of apple vary, or at what time of the season the apple is processed, resulting in a less sweet, more acidic, tangier taste in cider. What's labeled "apple juice" has been processed to remove the remnants of apple and pasteurized for a longer shelf life. Hot cider is a popular treat in the fall where cider is mixed with seasonings like cloves and cinnamon and mulled.

From Ned Flanders:

Here's a little trick to help you remember. If it's clear and yella', you've got juice there, fella! If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town. Now, there's two exceptions and it gets kinda tricky here ... can be yellow, if they're using late season apples. And, of course, in Canada, the whole thing's flip-flopped.

Over here, we separate our juices into 'from concentrate' and 'not from concentrate'. My understanding is that Not from Concentrate is straight juice, and From Concentrate has been processed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:37 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

From wikianswers:

From Ned Flanders:

Over here, we separate our juices into 'from concentrate' and 'not from concentrate'. My understanding is that Not from Concentrate is straight juice, and From Concentrate has been processed.

No that's not quite it either as we have apple juice from concentrate and not from concentrate and neither is apple cider.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:41 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

From wikianswers:

From Ned Flanders:

No that's not quite it either as we have apple juice from concentrate and not from concentrate and neither is apple cider.

LOL

I'm with ya. I don't think I've ever had Cider then, so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:42 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

From wikianswers:

From Ned Flanders:

LOL

I'm with ya. I don't think I've ever had Cider then, so.

Come across the pond in the fall and you can try it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining