Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Superior flavor, baby!

tell me more

The French press lets the grounds steep for 3 minutes rather than just wash over your coffee like a drip filter. You get a more bold (and sometimes more bitter) coffee from a French press.

you gotta use different grounds?

Yeah, you don't grind the beans as fine as you would for drip brew. I usually buy my beans in bulk, so I have the dude grind a pound for my drip brew and about a quarter pound for French Press.

what brand do you get?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:00 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Superior flavor, baby!

tell me more

The French press lets the grounds steep for 3 minutes rather than just wash over your coffee like a drip filter. You get a more bold (and sometimes more bitter) coffee from a French press.

Yeah, you don't grind the beans as fine as you would for drip brew. I usually buy my beans in bulk, so I have the dude grind a pound for my drip brew and about a quarter pound for French Press.

You don't grind your own as you use it??? :shake:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:59 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Kahli Sana wrote:

Reading over what I wrote...I obviously wasn't paying attention too closely. I think it makes a lot more sense when I edit as bolded above.

Sun Chip bags were pretty dang loud! I sort of knew what you meant. :lol:

"You have to take a bowl with you if you want to even have a shot at volume control."

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:07 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Superior flavor, baby!

tell me more

what brand do you get?

https://www.larrysbeans.com/
http://www.counterculturecoffee.com/
http://www.openeyecafe.com/carrboro_coffee/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:17 am 
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:59 pm 
Supersonic

we'll never bear witness to mickey and lenny discussing their urinary habits again

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm 
Unthought Known

What do y'all think of this stuff? I've been getting this lately, and think it's definitely the best I've got from the grocery store.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am 
wat

i like just a regular cup of coffee... with cream and sugar... Im boring

Last visit was: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:43 am
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. - Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 am 
 WWW  Profile

i wanted more coffee this morning. my wife hadn't drank hers, so I figured why waste it. I heated it up. She's a vanilla syrup and cream drinker. I thought, meh ... not how I like it, but whatever ...

Man ... it was rank. Why the fuck do people put that shit in their coffee?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm 
Unthought Known

B wrote:
i wanted more coffee this morning. my wife hadn't drank hers, so I figured why waste it. I heated it up. She's a vanilla syrup and cream drinker. I thought, meh ... not how I like it, but whatever ...

Man ... it was rank. Why the fuck do people put that shit in their coffee?

They don't like coffee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm 
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 pm 
Supersonic

I used to drink coffee every day. I quit cold turkey 3 years ago, until this past Saturday. I was at a birthday party for 3 years olds. It was either the fat, snotty girl gets punched in the face, or I break down. I chose the coffee -- from Dunkin Donuts. God, I forgot how much I loved that stuff. The funny thing is, even though I thought I'd be bouncing off the walls, I was relatively calm (I drink tea every day). And I didn't fall into the deep end since. So I should be able to drink a cup every now and then without returning to the 3 cups a day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 pm 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:
I used to drink coffee every day. I quit cold turkey 3 years ago, until this past Saturday. I was at a birthday party for 3 years olds. It was either the fat, snotty girl gets punched in the face, or I break down. I chose the coffee -- from Dunkin Donuts. God, I forgot how much I loved that stuff. The funny thing is, even though I thought I'd be bouncing off the walls, I was relatively calm (I drink tea every day). And I didn't fall into the deep end since. So I should be able to drink a cup every now and then without returning to the 3 cups a day.

What made you quit? I'm a 3 cup a day-er and I've never really thought about quitting. I love that shit way too much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:03 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  YIM  Profile

vegman wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

What made you quit? I'm a 3 cup a day-er and I've never really thought about quitting. I love that shit way too much.

There's almost as much caffeine in some teas as in coffee. So you're good. But yeah . . WHY quit? It's delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 am 
Got Some

Actually most tea has half or less the caffeine of standard coffees if I remember correctly.

My local roaster stopped purchasing Colombian Peaberry so I'm in a transition phase. I normally drank 3/4s of a pot a day but have since dropped to about three cups. With the change in actual brew I may drop down further. Bought a pound of french roast, which isn't bad but no where near what I'm looking for. I'll be purchasing half-pounds until I settle.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:51 am 
 WWW  Profile

Jesus, I drink a lot of coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 am 
Got Some

B wrote:
Jesus, I drink a lot of coffee.

Shouldn't you save that emphatic, liberating statement for a weekday meeting held in the basement of a church?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 am 
Supersonic

vegman wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I was getting really bad acid reflux if I had coffee on an empty stomach. I also noticed that I was starting to get headaches if I didn't drink at least 2 cups of coffee before noon. I decided to try quiting. Once I did, but things went away. I really, really missed it though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:
vegman wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I was getting really bad acid reflux if I had coffee on an empty stomach. I also noticed that I was starting to get headaches if I didn't drink at least 2 cups of coffee before noon. I decided to try quiting. Once I did, but things went away. I really, really missed it though.

It's my one vice. I quit smoking in '96. I used to eat like crap and now I eat really healthy. Can't give up my coffee unless that shit starts with me. Hopefully it doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:16 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  YIM  Profile

It's pretty much the only time I drink milk, so that's big enough justification for me. :D

If I drink too much before I eat breakfast it's not good. I'm pretty much guaranteed an upset stomach and probably a panic attack as well. Doesn't ever stop me, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining