Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

Doug RR wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
coffee is gross and i spit on anybody who tells me i'll enjoy it when i'm older

why don't you just stroll into the beer thread and ruin that too...jerk

look, i drink kool-aid and sweet tea only...anything else i find disgusting and i will not be silent in voicing my feelings on this matter

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:21 pm 
Unthought Known

Doug RR wrote:
coffee is gross and i spit on anybody who tells me i'll enjoy it when i'm older

why don't you just stroll into the beer thread and ruin that too...jerk

look, i drink kool-aid and sweet tea only...anything else i find disgusting and i will not be silent in voicing my feelings on this matter

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 pm 

haha

but seriously, i just don't like coffee, cappuccinos, espressos...anything of that ilk

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:23 pm 
Reissued

Mickey wrote:
On a practical level, I find it hard to believe that you, Leonard, can read so much and still hate coffee. I almost need a coffee to read/write.

well, for one i don't read near as much as some of you guys...and i try not to read really late at night because i can't concentrate when i'm really tired

if i tried to drink coffee it might help that, but i have no real desire to

Interesting. How do you feel about tea/energy drinks? Or are you anti-caffeine? I find, for me, it's not so much the caffeine as it is that I need something I can drink when I read, whether that's coffee, water, tea, beer, what have you.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:25 pm 
Supersonic

Coffee's impact on ones teeth: thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 pm 
Reissued

Soma. wrote:

Terrible, I'm sure, but I look at it the same way I look at skin cancer and the sagging of breasts--those scientist fucks better fix that shit soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm 
Unthought Known

Mickey wrote:
Terrible, I'm sure, but I look at it the same way I look at skin cancer and the sagging of breasts--those scientist fucks better fix that shit soon.

:lol:

It's too late for me. :|

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 pm 
Unthought Known

Also, can you really have a few beers and read? If so, kudos. I find that impressive.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 pm 
Reissued

Self Polluted wrote:
Mickey wrote:

:lol:

It's too late for me. :|

Just tell everyone you're a classic English gentleman.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:35 pm 
Reissued

Self Polluted wrote:
Also, can you really have a few beers and read? If so, kudos. I find that impressive.

Well, a beer. Any more than that and my lightweight ass can't focus. Although a friend of mine said that he read Ulysses partly drunk and that it not only made more sense but was a lot funnier.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:
On a practical level, I find it hard to believe that you, Leonard, can read so much and still hate coffee. I almost need a coffee to read/write.

well, for one i don't read near as much as some of you guys...and i try not to read really late at night because i can't concentrate when i'm really tired

Interesting. How do you feel about tea/energy drinks? Or are you anti-caffeine? I find, for me, it's not so much the caffeine as it is that I need something I can drink when I read, whether that's coffee, water, tea, beer, what have you.

I try to avoid energy drinks, though i've always drank a lot of tea. Which is probably why caffeine doesn't have a large effect on me. I know what you mean about feeling like you need a drink when you read though. I'm that way about other things.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 pm 
Reissued

Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I try to avoid energy drinks, though i've always drank a lot of tea. Which is probably why caffeine doesn't have a large effect on me. I know what you mean about feeling like you need a drink when you read though. I'm that way about other things.

It's not like reading makes me thirsty; I just feel more relaxed when I'm sipping on something.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 pm 
In a van down by the river

its not reading that makes me thirsty, its these pretzels

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:43 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

NaiveAndTrue wrote:
Kahli Sana wrote:
Sun Chips used to be my go-to chip brand, but once they switched brands, I can't buy them. You should never NEED a secondary containment vessel (sorry - too much oil slick news, I guess) for your chips. You have to take a bowl with you if you want to even have a shot at volume control.

Can you imagine if some fucker was inconsiderate enough to bring them on an airplane? That's much worse than a crying baby - at least you didn't have a choice with the kid.

I find this post vague and confusing. Did you hit your head this morning?

:|

I hit my head this morning. Maybe that's why I sort of understood what Kahli Sana was posting about.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:

It's not like reading makes me thirsty; I just feel more relaxed when I'm sipping on something.

i bet you pee more than i do

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 pm 
Reissued

Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:

i bet you pee more than i do

Seriously, when you pee after having a few cups of tea and it's all clear--hydration, baby. It feels good.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:53 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

px wrote:
NaiveAndTrue wrote:
Kahli Sana wrote:
Sun Chips used to be my go-to chip brand, but once they switched bags, I can't buy them. You should never NEED a secondary containment vessel (sorry - too much oil slick news, I guess) for your chips. You have to take a bowl with you if you want to even have a shot at volume control.

Can you imagine if some fucker was inconsiderate enough to bring them on an airplane? That's much worse than a crying baby - at least you didn't have a choice with the kid.

I find this post vague and confusing. Did you hit your head this morning?

:|

I hit my head this morning. Maybe that's why I sort of understood what Kahli Sana was posting about.

I was in a hurry to get out of the office - 2-1/2 hour drive to Laramie for a meeting this morning and then back to Casper.

Reading over what I wrote...I obviously wasn't paying attention too closely. I think it makes a lot more sense when I edit as bolded above.

Basically, I agree that the new bags are loud as hell, and I can't buy them anymore because I think chips are an on-the-go snack (driving, mostly), and I refuse to take something to put the chips in, as the bags are too loud even when just sneaking your arm in...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Superior flavor, baby!

tell me more

The French press lets the grounds steep for 3 minutes rather than just wash over your coffee like a drip filter. You get a more bold (and sometimes more bitter) coffee from a French press.

you gotta use different grounds?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:18 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Soma. wrote:

brush every day and you should be fine. I don't have the brightest white teeth, but they're pretty damn good for anyone let alone a coffee drinker.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Mecca wrote:
B wrote:
Superior flavor, baby!

tell me more

The French press lets the grounds steep for 3 minutes rather than just wash over your coffee like a drip filter. You get a more bold (and sometimes more bitter) coffee from a French press.

you gotta use different grounds?

Yeah, you don't grind the beans as fine as you would for drip brew. I usually buy my beans in bulk, so I have the dude grind a pound for my drip brew and about a quarter pound for French Press.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining