Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
It's 2012 and there's no taco thread yet. Wow, guys.

I've been on a bbq pork taco kick lately. This restaurant near me serves an incredibly filling version in a puffy flour shell, topped with nothing but cheese, onions, and cilantro. Normally I'm a fan of homemade corn or flour tortillas, but there's so much pork in these tacos that a puffy shell is a necessity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
I'm a fan of corn tortillas myself.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
I've never had a pork taco.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
washing machine wrote:
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


is it a sin to eat flour totillas?
bad for your health?
annoying to your co-workers?
detrimental to society?
does it attract the wrong kind of attention for you?
is it disgustingly expensive when compared to the cost of a corn tortilla?
just plain un-hip?

help a brother out here, pal.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Corn tortillas are better for you. I assume.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


is it a sin to eat flour totillas?
bad for your health?
annoying to your co-workers?
detrimental to society?
does it attract the wrong kind of attention for you?
is it disgustingly expensive when compared to the cost of a corn tortilla?
just plain un-hip?

help a brother out here, pal.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 9282
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
Barbacoa + Masa Flour tortilla = :li:

Steak + Masa Flour tortilla = :li:

_________________
Attention Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
The last time I visited my grandmother, she gave me about a pound of frozen, cooked pork butt. I think I'm going to try to tenderize some of it in a crock pot for dinner tonight and make some pulled pork tacos.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
I had pulled pork from the crock pot last Saturday. It was fantastic.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
Since this stuff is already cooked, I assume I don't need to mess with it much. What did you eat that pork with, Pete?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:09 pm
Posts: 9363
Location: Manhattan Beach California
i went to taco night last night at the local pub..3 steak in soft flour tortilla for $5


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
washing machine wrote:
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


is it a sin to eat flour totillas?
bad for your health?
annoying to your co-workers?
detrimental to society?
does it attract the wrong kind of attention for you?
is it disgustingly expensive when compared to the cost of a corn tortilla?
just plain un-hip?

help a brother out here, pal.


bad for your health is really only the kind of thing you give up food for after the age of 40, babe. and expensive? well, ok, do you need me to float you a loan or something, reed? I had no idea that things were so bad off for you. are you like... you know, lenny poor these days?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
*reid

A loan would always be appreciated, but I don't really need one. Now when it comes to health and finances, I'm trying to get in the habit of preventative measures for the future. This is a new idea (you might even call it a "resolution"), so don't ride me so hard.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
washing machine wrote:
Since this stuff is already cooked, I assume I don't need to mess with it much. What did you eat that pork with, Pete?

Potato chips.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
Doug RR wrote:
i went to taco night last night at the local pub..3 steak in soft flour tortilla for $5

What does your pub have in way of toppings and condiments?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


is it a sin to eat flour totillas?
bad for your health?
annoying to your co-workers?
detrimental to society?
does it attract the wrong kind of attention for you?
is it disgustingly expensive when compared to the cost of a corn tortilla?
just plain un-hip?

help a brother out here, pal.


bad for your health is really only the kind of thing you give up food for after the age of 40, babe. and expensive? well, ok, do you need me to float you a loan or something, reed? I had no idea that things were so bad off for you. are you like... you know, lenny poor these days?


I'm making bank now, bro.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:09 pm
Posts: 9363
Location: Manhattan Beach California
washing machine wrote:
Doug RR wrote:
i went to taco night last night at the local pub..3 steak in soft flour tortilla for $5

What does your pub have in way of toppings and condiments?


just the basics..cheese, lettuce, sour cream, salsa..I add a good helping of tapatio hot sauce as well


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
That's what it's all about. Bare bones tacos.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tacos and other tortilla-based foods
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 13551
Location: is a jerk in wyoming
Gender: Female
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
malice wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I'm trying to eat more corn tortillas, but there's just something wholesome about a fresh flour tortilla that I can never see myself giving up entirely.


is it a sin to eat flour totillas?
bad for your health?
annoying to your co-workers?
detrimental to society?
does it attract the wrong kind of attention for you?
is it disgustingly expensive when compared to the cost of a corn tortilla?
just plain un-hip?

help a brother out here, pal.


bad for your health is really only the kind of thing you give up food for after the age of 40, babe. and expensive? well, ok, do you need me to float you a loan or something, reed? I had no idea that things were so bad off for you. are you like... you know, lenny poor these days?


I'm making bank now, bro.

oh, ok- cool- you should be floating me a loan then, yeah?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
That's it. I'm going to Wyoming.
Alex wrote:
you are the human wyoming


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:46 am