Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:05 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

Chicago Metro 92 (tripod shot dead centre) already transfered to DVD just need someone who can dub better sounding audio + Menus to complete this DVD. Oh ajnd it also has the soundcheck from that night.

Sweden 92 (shot from side stage) already transfered to DVD just need someone who dub better quality audio over it + Menus.

If you can do this PM me. I'd like to get these DVDs out there :D

to warn everyone about these....i def want to see them done but it needs a true expert on audio. the tape is stretched so when it was put to dvd, the audio from the best known source does not match at all. we tried cuts and splies after every song and it just doesnt work so if you REALLY know audio and tricks that you can do, please try this because many have tried and failed.

jason

sadly :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:14 pm 
Force of Nature

sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

Chicago Metro 92 (tripod shot dead centre) already transfered to DVD just need someone who can dub better sounding audio + Menus to complete this DVD. Oh ajnd it also has the soundcheck from that night.

Sweden 92 (shot from side stage) already transfered to DVD just need someone who dub better quality audio over it + Menus.

to warn everyone about these....i def want to see them done but it needs a true expert on audio. the tape is stretched so when it was put to dvd, the audio from the best known source does not match at all. we tried cuts and splies after every song and it just doesnt work so if you REALLY know audio and tricks that you can do, please try this because many have tried and failed.

jason

2 or 3 years ago, I have edited the audio on my Stockholm VCD with a better source, it sure is a pain in the ass: the speed of the original VHS changes a bit from song to song.
In order to match audio and video, the best solution is to change the speed of the audio. With CoolEdit/Audition, you can modify the length of an audio file: if on one song, the audio is faster than the video, you have to increase the audio length, or decrease it if it's slower.

Example: take the first song from Stockholm '92, Wash. Synchronize the audio and video tracks for the very beginning of the song (first guitar strum or beginning of drums). Then choose a point towards the end of the song (last use of cymbals for example), and mark down the times for audio and video. You should have something like this:
- beginning audio/video in sync, 0m10s
- last cymbal, audio 3m54s, video 3m56s
The audio is 2s faster, its length on the song is 234s whereas it should be 236s. In CoolEdit/Audition, modify the audio length of the whole track and extand it with a rate of 100.8547 (equal to 100 * (236/234) ).
Then verify that audio and video are in sync on the whole song, correct the rate if needed, but beginning and end of the song should match for audio and video. Then repeat the process song by song, as this rate may vary.
When modifying the audio track, you can specify if you want to preserve the tone of the track, or resample it entirely. When the length of the audio is modified, the tone will be higher if the length is reduced, tone will be lower if length is increased. As the rates here should be near 100 % +/- 1%, the difference in tone should not be noticeable.

Hope it helps !

Check my band! (RIP)
http://www.myspace.com/womenforhank

Check my new band!
http://www.myspace.com/carvelnet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:59 pm 
Force of Nature

sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

jason

It can't be worst than Utrecth 92 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:08 pm 
Force of Nature

XWayne wrote:

2 or 3 years ago, I have edited the audio on my Stockholm VCD with a better source, it sure is a pain in the ass: the speed of the original VHS changes a bit from song to song.
In order to match audio and video, the best solution is to change the speed of the audio. With CoolEdit/Audition, you can modify the length of an audio file: if on one song, the audio is faster than the video, you have to increase the audio length, or decrease it if it's slower.

Example: take the first song from Stockholm '92, Wash. Synchronize the audio and video tracks for the very beginning of the song (first guitar strum or beginning of drums). Then choose a point towards the end of the song (last use of cymbals for example), and mark down the times for audio and video. You should have something like this:
- beginning audio/video in sync, 0m10s
- last cymbal, audio 3m54s, video 3m56s
The audio is 2s faster, its length on the song is 234s whereas it should be 236s. In CoolEdit/Audition, modify the audio length of the whole track and extand it with a rate of 100.8547 (equal to 100 * (236/234) ).
Then verify that audio and video are in sync on the whole song, correct the rate if needed, but beginning and end of the song should match for audio and video. Then repeat the process song by song, as this rate may vary.
When modifying the audio track, you can specify if you want to preserve the tone of the track, or resample it entirely. When the length of the audio is modified, the tone will be higher if the length is reduced, tone will be lower if length is increased. As the rates here should be near 100 % +/- 1%, the difference in tone should not be noticeable.

Hope it helps !

That's a way to do it, assuming the change in speed between the video and audio source is constant for a given song. Personally, I prefer to leave the audio as it is, since I trust it more than the video for constant speed accuracy. But when you work with an old vhs, sometimes you synch the beginning of the song (vid/aud) and strech the video to be synched at the end as well. But then when you check out the result, you realize that you're out of synch somewhere in the middle of the song. Lots of additional work when this happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:36 pm 
Artworks Hunter
 WWW  Profile

FrontViewMirror wrote:
sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

jason

It can't be worst than Utrecth 92 :wink:

Hey Sam, did you tried the 03/02/92 Jason version? looks very good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:14 pm 
Force of Nature

antero wrote:
Hey Sam, did you tried the 03/02/92 Jason version? looks very good!

Yep, version is good. There are some issues (like cuts) and the cam sound isn't the greatest to work on a mix. I haven't work on this one since the beginning of December (I'm working on something else right now, not PJ). Will get back on it in a few days...

I've also been working on your Utrecht copy but our friend Jason (Sonicred) told me this was (apparently) transfered from a second gen vhs recently so I've put this one on hold as well. There are many cuts and speed changes on your copy and the vcd I have from this show doesn't seem to have them. The vcd is also clearly coming from a first gen vhs so I guess we need to find the guy (Evilstig???) who put this one together. If nothing happens with this in the upcoming weeks, which wouldn't surprise me at all, I may go further with this gem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 am 
Spambot

I have two videos of interest. The 1993 San Jose and New Orleans shows.

I am open to all kinds of trades, especially cds or books.

Email me at:

pmcnamee26@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 am 
Got Some

rodeojones wrote:
I have two videos of interest. The 1993 San Jose and New Orleans shows.

I am open to all kinds of trades, especially cds or books.

Email me at:

pmcnamee26@hotmail.com

Are they masters? I see we have 1st gens listed for both of those shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:18 pm 
Force of Nature

Sorry for the new question, but is there any info on a source for the BSB 96? I have it on VCD, so a source is out there.. I'd like to see this on DVD.. so, anything on this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:14 am 
Johnny Guitar

is there a vid of the 11-13-06 Melbourne show out there? saw it on a bootleg list. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:39 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

satanman wrote:
sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

jason

one way to minimze this effect is to use a SVHS deck with time base correction (TBC) for the transfer. Not sure what kind of equipment was used for the transfer here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:20 pm 
Johnny Guitar

bettatest wrote:
satanman wrote:
sonicred wrote:
satanman wrote:
I have:

jason

one way to minimze this effect is to use a SVHS deck with time base correction (TBC) for the transfer. Not sure what kind of equipment was used for the transfer here...

I transfered those 2 vhs tapes for Satanman using a prosumer sony or panasonic (can't remember now) vhs deck and an external DPS timebase corrector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:21 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I have a 1st generation VHS copy of BSB (10.21.01). I got it straight from the taper. It is much better than the copy that is circulating now.

http://db.etree.org/MookieBlaylock10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:57 pm 
Got Some

AcesUp wrote:
I have a 1st generation VHS copy of BSB (10.21.01). I got it straight from the taper. It is much better than the copy that is circulating now.

bump-I'm hoping something may happen with this and it will circulate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:25 am 
Force of Nature

benjammin wrote:
AcesUp wrote:

why not make it happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 am 
Got Some

jamhead64 wrote:

why not make it happen?

Who me? I don't have a VCR. :oops: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:31 pm 
Banned from the Pit

benjammin wrote:
AcesUp wrote:

Me too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:51 pm 
Force of Nature

i personally have way too much on my plate right now. have a stack of 20-30 vhs tapes that i am curently working on, and no they are not only pearl jam.... i am into collecting more than them, and right now im more into converting non pearl jam shows. now if you all were into GWAR and the Dead Milkmen you might get lucky, well maybe you wouldnt.

a show like this would be a great chance for somebody who wants to step up. always see people talking about wanting to help this "community" but there are only a few people who ever transfer and get these tapes out to everyone.

acesup maybe you should post another thread and offer the tape to somebody who wants to do the work. just make sure they have the gear needed to get it done.

something like this bridge show could probably be done in 10-12 hours and that is working slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:15 pm 
Force of Nature

I can help out with the BSB .. I did the "not so great one" but I have all the files and audio saved on my hd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:54 pm 
Banned from the Pit

amfglobal wrote:
I can help out with the BSB .. I did the "not so great one" but I have all the files and audio saved on my hd.

I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making these DVDs, from the tapers to the guys that author them. My hats off to you gentlemen. I just happen to have a different angle on a screen shot video for that show.

If you are still intrested in working on this let me know and I can send you the tape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading