Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:48 pm 
Got Some

Thanks for the MD5 help :lol:
Is there any program to check Flac files? Or is there a way for me to read the fingerprints somehow that I am missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:22 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

antiyou wrote:
Thanks for the MD5 help :lol:
Is there any program to check Flac files? Or is there a way for me to read the fingerprints somehow that I am missing?

I believe FLAC frontend can check fingerprints somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:38 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

FLACs actually have the checking built into the file. It's not like SHN where you need a separate MD5 file to verify. with FLAC, it will automatically
verify when it's converting to WAV.

But if you want to check out FLACs without converting them, just drag them onto flac frontend and click test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:04 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm building up a nice DVD collection and am interested in printing out the artwork on our-modern-needs, which is awesome...i downloaded a program that they recommended on the site, and it worked alright....my real question is...is there any freeware out there that will allow me a dvd template to put this artwork into?? i don't want to drop the dough 'cause i'm still not sure how much i'd use it...thanks in advance!

brett

Post subject: Help with playing/decoding flac files
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Howdy. I am a newbie here on this forum. I have been a PJ fan for years but only recently found this site... It's awesome!! 8)

I am currently using BitTorrent to dl the gh 10 cd compilation and tried to play and decode a flac-file. So I dl'd and installed FAC frontend and the plugin for Winamp, but every time I try to play/decode a flac file I get the following error message: "Error while processing metadata (FLAC__FILE_DECODER_SEEKABLE_STREAM_DECODER_ERROR)" :evil:

Does someone have an idea how I can solve this error?

Thanks!

EDIT: I also put my message in the FLAC HELP thread so you can delete this one if it's in the wrong thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:27 pm 
Got Some

Looking for advice:
Not directly PJ related but I trust your opinions...

I downloaded a flac file of a XM Lamb of God show. It is one continuous file and I have decoded it to .wav and would like to separate the songs.
Is Virtualdub the best program for this application?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:23 pm 
Force of Nature

antiyou wrote:
Looking for advice:
Not directly PJ related but I trust your opinions...

I downloaded a flac file of a XM Lamb of God show. It is one continuous file and I have decoded it to .wav and would like to separate the songs.
Is Virtualdub the best program for this application?

Thanks in advance

I've never used Virtualdub, so I can't say whether it's good or not. However, when I want to split a huge wav file, I use a program called CDwav. It cuts the tracks on CD sector boundaries, so when you burn to CD, there's no miniscule gaps between tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:27 pm 
Got Some

Quote:
I've never used Virtualdub, so I can't say whether it's good or not. However, when I want to split a huge wav file, I use a program called CDwav. It cuts the tracks on CD sector boundaries, so when you burn to CD, there's no miniscule gaps between tracks.

Stupid me... I got home last night and was burning a DVD and noticed that Nero has a wav editor. It is surprisingly easy to use. So thanks for your help but I got the job done in Nero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:42 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Hi, I am looking for some help with bit-torrents. After alot of hearing about them, i decided to give it a shot. i must say that i know absolutly nothing about computers, however i looked through all of the FAQ, and I think i have opened up the firewall for all of the ports. But it still isnt working. I am using bittornado and i am getting the yellow light. Any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind that i really dont know much about computers at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:01 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some help with bit-torrents. After alot of hearing about them, i decided to give it a shot. i must say that i know absolutly nothing about computers, however i looked through all of the FAQ, and I think i have opened up the firewall for all of the ports. But it still isnt working. I am using bittornado and i am getting the yellow light. Any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind that i really dont know much about computers at all.

make sure that if you have windows xp service pack 2...disable that firewall as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:40 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

mikef wrote:

make sure that if you have windows xp service pack 2...disable that firewall as well

I just did it, and it hasnt changes anything :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:44 am 
Former PJ Drummer

mikef wrote:

using a router?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:45 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

mikef wrote:
mikef wrote:

using a router?

That maybe the problem, because i have no idear what a router is. I told you I don't know anything about computers :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:41 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Can somebody pleaseeeeeee offer themselves as open seeds so I can finish downloading the GR show off from the skyiscrape.com ?? I'm stuck at 35.8 percent right now.

I am also trying to download the Toledo as well, but no seeds at all. :(

I bought Nero software so I wouldn't have to ask for B+P anymore.

Also got one more question here... are those links only for audios?

I was hoping there were videos as well?

ah well, thanks in advance! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:36 am 
Unthought Known

Okay, this is starting to become a recurring problem and wondered if anyone knew what's going on. My DVD player occasionally gets a disc that it attempts to read, then just goes to Stop. I'll hit play and it does the same thing again. I've tried fast forwarding, skipping chapters, nothing seems to help. I know it's not the media, since I have other DVD boots on the same media that work perfectly fine. Haven't had any other problems with my player, so I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:11 pm 
Johnny Guitar

hi
long time fan
first time bootlegging.
I have just began a new journey with boots. To begin with, thankyou to the creators of this thread. It has been very very informative and specific. your pc knowledge blows me away (my b/f is abit of a pc nerd so i normally ask him all the q's but he's in bed :shock: ) Thankyou for the info.

My question is, if I request a b & p from someone who, for example, lives in the states, what is the procedure for the return of the product? what i really mean is do I go to the exchange place and convert money to us dollars for postage? Sorry for the silly question, im just a newbie bootlegger :oops: :lol:

Post subject: download
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:07 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 ICQ  Profile

hey, I wanted to ask why do you do this trading thing which sounds really messy and unconvenient (sending CD by mail to people you don't know from other continents) , instead of just uploading the files and letting people download it?

I'm sure at least most of the nice pearl jam fans will gladly donate some cash for keeping the server up, and after all there is no profit in mind so what the heck...

I'm really curious about this.

Thanks,
Jon

Post subject: Re: download
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:26 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

RockNinja wrote:
hey, I wanted to ask why do you do this trading thing which sounds really messy and unconvenient (sending CD by mail to people you don't know from other continents) , instead of just uploading the files and letting people download it?

I'm sure at least most of the nice pearl jam fans will gladly donate some cash for keeping the server up, and after all there is no profit in mind so what the heck...

I'm really curious about this.

Thanks,
Jon

welcome,

one reason is that hosting shows in DVD format (4-8GB) is almost impossible. There are about 100 shows on DVD available (~160 discs) which gives you more than half a terrabyte of data. From time to time shows are spread via bittorrent but the main reason for not doing that so often is that ppl want to keep the trading circles alive. You get to know ppl from all around the world. Then when it comes to touring you are well connected and meet buddies you've been trading with for quite a while. Just great i tell you!

The third reason is that there is a major influence on free downloadable shows that later pop up on ebay and the majority doesnt like that. The shows are done by fans for fans and shouldnt be used to gain profit.

So your best bet to get some shows is to start with B&Ps and then once you build up a little collection trade with others. And believe me, when you start swaping 10 discs in a trade, that is way more efficient than downloading for 3 days via ADSL on a single show!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:23 am 
Got Some

Is there a certain way EAC should be configured when ripping audio discs?

8/22/98,9/11/05,8/21/09,9/15/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:11 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Question: When burning data DVDs, what is the best speed to ensure a smooth, but efficient, write?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading