Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:19 am
Posts: 6221
Location: Tasmania / Australia
Gender: Male
When doing a b/p you do not need a padded envelope on the outside of a padded envelope. You put the dvd's in the padded ebnvelope inside a non padded envelope, this makes it cheaper for your postage.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Global Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 6661
Location: Seattle
clint72 wrote:
When doing a b/p you do not need a padded envelope on the outside of a padded envelope. You put the dvd's in the padded ebnvelope inside a non padded envelope, this makes it cheaper for your postage.


And cheaper for your mailing supplies.

_________________
PJ DVDS~DVDS~POSTERS


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:19 am
Posts: 6221
Location: Tasmania / Australia
Gender: Male
Bee Girl wrote:
clint72 wrote:
When doing a b/p you do not need a padded envelope on the outside of a padded envelope. You put the dvd's in the padded ebnvelope inside a non padded envelope, this makes it cheaper for your postage.


And cheaper for your mailing supplies.


yep, i put it down as i have had 5 or 6 out of my last 30 that have done this, it is not a bad thing, just being a little too cautious :)


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Drunk Trader
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:22 pm
Posts: 3641
Location: The Maritimes
Gender: Male
clint72 wrote:
Bee Girl wrote:
clint72 wrote:
When doing a b/p you do not need a padded envelope on the outside of a padded envelope. You put the dvd's in the padded ebnvelope inside a non padded envelope, this makes it cheaper for your postage.


And cheaper for your mailing supplies.


yep, i put it down as i have had 5 or 6 out of my last 30 that have done this, it is not a bad thing, just being a little too cautious :)


haha...who are those fools that would send a padded envelope inside another padded envelope...geez...oh wait... :oops:


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Johnny Guitar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Finland
This is just the topic that I have been looking for! :)
I have been thinking this cross-border B&P thing, how it actually works?
Well, Pegasus asked just the questions that I've been wondering...

btw. stupid question... is 1 USD note or is it a coin? :oops:


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 2324
Location: Wilmington, NC
jam_alive wrote:
btw. stupid question... is 1 USD note or is it a coin? :oops:


There are $1 notes (bills, paper) and $1 coins. $1 bills are commonly used. Coins are too heavy to mail.

_________________
:peace:


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Johnny Guitar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Finland
benjammin wrote:
There are $1 notes (bills, paper) and $1 coins. $1 bills are commonly used. Coins are too heavy to mail.

Thanks benjammin, didn't know if they exist anymore.
I do have $1 bill somewhere, about 20 years old :D

I think I need to go change some euros to dollars and start
practicing this B&P 8)


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:25 pm 
Offline
Red Mosquito
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:39 am
Posts: 16301
benjammin wrote:
jam_alive wrote:
btw. stupid question... is 1 USD note or is it a coin? :oops:


There are $1 notes (bills, paper) and $1 coins. $1 bills are commonly used. Coins are too heavy to mail.


i hate the 1 & 2 dollar coins. :x
why oh why did Canada get rid of the 1 dollar bill. why the hell would ya want to carry loose change .. instead of paper money in ya pockets. i guess that person who passed this law thought it was cool to walk around and sound like a goof ball with the loose change's in his pockets. hopefully one day he will lay a track down on his 8-track. damn.

*rant be over. had such a great day this morning, then this afternoon heard some bad news which really pissed me off. oh well. my life alway's balances out. i break even each day. when will i break free and move up & stay up? .. d'oh! :(


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:46 pm
Posts: 1077
Also, save supplies!!! You can reuse supplies in various ways, from CD sleeves to padded envelopes. Next time your doing a trade or give away etc, use a padded envelope from an old trade or B&P, black out the addresses, put your discs in it, tape the top so the discs don't come out, and put it in a non-padded envelope. Good for the pocket book AND the environment. :)

_________________
"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
- Dan Quayle


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Suspended
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 7530
Location: Rockford IL
From another thread, re: new rates:

SASUKETIM wrote:
This is a rough chart for 1st Class Parcel. Your mileage may vary.

1 disc = 2 oz = 1.30
2 discs = 2 oz = 1.30
3 discs = 3 oz = 1.47
4 discs = 4 oz = 1.64
5 discs = 4 oz = 1.64
6 discs = 5 oz = 1.81
7 discs = 6 oz = 1.98
8 discs = 6 oz = 1.98
9 discs = 7 oz = 2.15
10 discs = 8 oz = 2.32
11 discs = 8 oz = 2.32
12 discs = 9 oz = 2.49
13 discs = 10 oz = 2.66
14 discs = 10 oz = 2.66
15 discs = 11 oz = 2.83
16 discs = 12 oz = 3.00
17 discs = 12 oz = 3.00
18 discs = 13 oz = 3.17

Above 13 oz = Priority Mail

_________________
Varis wrote:
cgreaten wrote:
I HATE Alpine Valley because it is damn near impossible to get out of after the show.

Yep, just ask Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Bee wrote:
The only thing that makes me hesitate to use my PayPal is the issue we had with the hooker

loUrna wrote:
I do enjoy spankin' it to No Code


Top
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:17 am
Posts: 6483
Location: Vancouver
Bee Girl wrote:
demetrios wrote:
prl wrote:
one thing I learned with all the B&Ps/trades I did through the years is: use tape on the envelopes! I got so many opened envelopes in the last trades / b&ps..


i've been doing the same thing for years now. i :heartbeat: scotch tape.

*runs for that hot chocolate at tim's before the insanity hit's again.


Just don't use pirate tape unless you want your post office to hate you, too.

I still use it on ones I can just drop in the box. :twisted:

Image


thats freakin awesome ... need to find me some

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Lol @opinions.


SmilinSkullRing wrote:
The other bands section of a Pearl Jam forum isn't the center of the universe, kid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Global Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 6661
Location: Seattle
paaks wrote:
Bee Girl wrote:
demetrios wrote:
prl wrote:
one thing I learned with all the B&Ps/trades I did through the years is: use tape on the envelopes! I got so many opened envelopes in the last trades / b&ps..


i've been doing the same thing for years now. i :heartbeat: scotch tape.

*runs for that hot chocolate at tim's before the insanity hit's again.


Just don't use pirate tape unless you want your post office to hate you, too.

I still use it on ones I can just drop in the box. :twisted:

Image


thats freakin awesome ... need to find me some


Don't bother, unless you're just going to use it for moving. I used to sneak it onto b+p packages and ones that I could mail myself but now they even have a thing on that Automated Postage Center that says if your package has ANY MARKINGS that look like ANY of their hazard symbols they will not send it anywhere.

_________________
PJ DVDS~DVDS~POSTERS


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Suspended
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 7530
Location: Rockford IL
Haha - I did a B&P for someone a few days ago, and their return mailer was uised...and had obviously passed through Angi's loving hands in te past, as it had this tape all over it! :lol:

_________________
Varis wrote:
cgreaten wrote:
I HATE Alpine Valley because it is damn near impossible to get out of after the show.

Yep, just ask Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Bee wrote:
The only thing that makes me hesitate to use my PayPal is the issue we had with the hooker

loUrna wrote:
I do enjoy spankin' it to No Code


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Global Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 6661
Location: Seattle
I have 3 or 4 rolls of that stuff right now. :|

_________________
PJ DVDS~DVDS~POSTERS


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:58 am 
Offline
Red Mosquito
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:39 am
Posts: 16301
Bee Girl wrote:
I have 3 or 4 rolls of that stuff right now. :|


hook me up with one. i'm running low on scotch tape. the lady at staples here gave me a weird look with my last purchase of tape. i don't want to go back. lol.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 am 
Offline
Johnny Guitar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 291
Location: Florida
This place is great! If anyone would like to trade, please let me know.

http://db.etree.org/lukinfan

Thanks

_________________
http://db.etree.org/lukinfan


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:11 am 
Offline
Red Mosquito
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:39 am
Posts: 16301
Haven't updated this in a while. Kinda doesn't need to. There hasn't been any problems here for many, many months now. Sweet! 8)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Global Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 6661
Location: Seattle
Actually we could use an update to the postal rates chart with the new postal rates, but it isn't so cut and dried anymore.

_________________
PJ DVDS~DVDS~POSTERS


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B+P & Trading Help Guidelines
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:18 am 
Offline
Red Mosquito
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:39 am
Posts: 16301
Bee Girl wrote:
Actually we could use an update to the postal rates chart with the new postal rates, but it isn't so cut and dried anymore.


It's all your's. It was Mariann's post months back, quoted and all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Global Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 6661
Location: Seattle
emanon wrote:
From another thread, re: new rates:

SASUKETIM wrote:
This is a rough chart for 1st Class Parcel. Your mileage may vary.

1 disc = 2 oz = 1.30
2 discs = 2 oz = 1.30
3 discs = 3 oz = 1.47
4 discs = 4 oz = 1.64
5 discs = 4 oz = 1.64
6 discs = 5 oz = 1.81
7 discs = 6 oz = 1.98
8 discs = 6 oz = 1.98
9 discs = 7 oz = 2.15
10 discs = 8 oz = 2.32
11 discs = 8 oz = 2.32
12 discs = 9 oz = 2.49
13 discs = 10 oz = 2.66
14 discs = 10 oz = 2.66
15 discs = 11 oz = 2.83
16 discs = 12 oz = 3.00
17 discs = 12 oz = 3.00
18 discs = 13 oz = 3.17

Above 13 oz = Priority Mail


Oops, forgot about this one. So we have it already. Roughly. And the new rule, that anything over 13 oz with stamps on it MUST BE HANDED TO A POSTAL EMPLOYEE. Yeah.

_________________
PJ DVDS~DVDS~POSTERS


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 pm