Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:24 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

demetrios wrote:
ah .. i don't think it's cool posting the ripping of official dvds that's still availalbe to buy for the time being. the ramones vhs .. np. it's way out of print. i got it on vhs and i want to rip it to dvd .. but i get that macrovision garbarge.

the other's are still in print, and still can make orders for them online and in stores. they are not hard to find.

No problem. I assume you won't need a copy of this set when it's done, then, since you have all of the official stuff? :poke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:52 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

conoalias wrote:
Zman wrote:
does anyone have a copy of the Jon Stewart show when Ed played with mike watt and dave groll?

eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7_oj4laDyc

U could always PM the guy on youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 pm 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

how come Eddie with Springsteen the day after the VFC finale is not included? there's a DVD from that show right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:54 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

conoalias wrote:
how come Eddie with Springsteen the day after the VFC finale is not included? there's a DVD from that show right?

This compilation is for OFFICIAL RELEASES only. No fan-made bootlegs or TV clips, etc. Is there an official Springsteen DVD or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:55 pm 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

jasonA wrote:
conoalias wrote:

This compilation is for OFFICIAL RELEASES only. No fan-made bootlegs or TV clips, etc. Is there an official Springsteen DVD or something?

i don't think so, no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:27 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

jasonA wrote:
conoalias wrote:

So, why not expand this to TV performances also? There couldn't be that many. Doors HoF, PT and EV on Letterman, and the Jon Stewart one is all that comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:35 am 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

Anybody know if the Bob Dylan The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration officially-released video includes Masters of War? I know it's on the CD, and the video was only released on VHS, but haven't been able to find the track listing for the video. Anybody know or have it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:37 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

jasonA wrote:
Anybody know if the Bob Dylan The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration officially-released video includes Masters of War? I know it's on the CD, and the video was only released on VHS, but haven't been able to find the track listing for the video. Anybody know or have it?

Yeah, it's on there. Here is a link to a bootleg of the VHS on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-DYLAN-The-30th- ... dZViewItem

Also a review of the VHS on Amazon:
Quote:
I saw this concert on VHS in the 90's. I was lucky to find it at my video store. Now, of course, it is practically unavailable on VHS, and not at all on DVD. Why? It is one of the finest tribute concerts ever. Each performance seems to rival the next for quality, and it goes on for at least a couple of hours. For me, two of the highlights are Johnny Winter's revelatory version of Highway 61 Revisited and Vedder's Masters of War. Who's here? Oh, no one, just The Band, George Harrison, Eddie Vedder, Lou Reed, Neil Young, Roger Mcguinn and anyone the producers asked. Now, a lineup like that can lead either to epiphany or a terrible mistake. Luckily, the former was the result. One day it will go to DVD (how much longer they can ignore it may depend on the sagacity of whoever is minding Dylan's business end). and then everyone may get to experience this unforgettable night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:34 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

First post updated. Anybody have the Bob Dylan The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration officially-released VHS? It's not available on DVD and the VHS tape is out of print.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:38 pm 
Red Mosquito

sullen wrote:

dvd? i got the official vhs tape, and the recorded pbs broadcast on slp tape. never heard of thy dvd release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:43 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

demetrios wrote:
sullen wrote:

dvd? i got the official vhs tape, and the recorded pbs broadcast on slp tape. never heard of thy dvd release.

I think sullen mentioned it's a bootleg on eBay.

D, any chance you could digitize Masters of War as AVI DV or MPEG and upload somehwere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:44 pm 
Johnny Guitar

jasonA wrote:
... not available on DVD and the VHS tape is out of print.

What is this, the Stone Age??! It's 2007. Isn't everything on DVD?!!

We can put a man on the moon, but we can't put (arguably) the best tribute concert ever on DVD?!!!

jasonA wrote:
D, any chance you could digitize Masters of War as AVI DV or MPEG and upload somehwere?

Oh. Yeah, good idea. :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:48 pm 
Red Mosquito

jasonA wrote:
demetrios wrote:
sullen wrote:

i tried months ago to rip the official vhs to dvd. but it was macrovision protected. couldn't do it. if ya like, i can send ya the 2 vhs tape .. will take more then a week to get to ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:22 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

demetrios wrote:
jasonA wrote:
demetrios wrote:
sullen wrote:

i tried months ago to rip the official vhs to dvd. but it was macrovision protected. couldn't do it. if ya like, i can send ya the 2 vhs tape .. will take more then a week to get to ya.

If nobody else has it, I may hit ya up. I can defeat thy Macrovision, no problem :twisted:

EDIT: rainman has mee hooked (once again) with this, I'm all set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:50 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

pinkpocky wrote:
So, why not expand this to TV performances also? There couldn't be that many. Doors HoF, PT and EV on Letterman, and the Jon Stewart one is all that comes to mind.

I think there are probably a lot more TV clips than that: Chicago Cubs game from last year, the cameo on Letterman to sing Black, what about Iconoclasts? What about interviews? How do you determine what's EV solo and what's PJ? And on and on...then you have to chase down the best source of everything, which can take forever - just ask any of the other authors on this board.

My point is, I could see adding TV clips if there were only a couple, but in reality, that would probably be a huge undertaking. Take it from somebody who's authored many discs of TV clips, it's a lot of work and in the end it's never as complete or perfect as you want it to be.

Limiting this set to officially-released videos keeps it manageable, easy to define what can/cannot be included and (hopefully) it will neatly fit on one disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:07 pm 
Force of Nature

jasonA wrote:
pinkpocky wrote:

I think there are probably a lot more TV clips than that: Chicago Cubs game from last year, the cameo on Letterman to sing Black, what about Iconoclasts? What about interviews? How do you determine what's EV solo and what's PJ? And on and on...then you have to chase down the best source of everything, which can take forever - just ask any of the other authors on this board.

My point is, I could see adding TV clips if there were only a couple, but in reality, that would probably be a huge undertaking. Take it from somebody who's authored many discs of TV clips, it's a lot of work and in the end it's never as complete or perfect as you want it to be.

Limiting this set to officially-released videos keeps it manageable, easy to define what can/cannot be included and (hopefully) it will neatly fit on one disc.

Yes, Proshots and TV app. will not be included as Jason said it could take ages to collect at that stuff. It will make a great boxset too but not this one.

I've had this dicussion earlier about adding SBD ed solo recordings to this set. Again, great idea but not for this compilation ;)

Het nederlandstalige Pearl Jam forum:

http://www.pearljamonline.nl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

jasonA wrote:
pinkpocky wrote:

I was just referring to performances. Non PJ = no more than Mike or a single other band member (i.e. the upcoming Kokua Festival with Boom). I figured u guys were using similar logic since youre talking about the Dylan thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:39 am 
Red Mosquito

jasonA wrote:
demetrios wrote:
jasonA wrote:
demetrios wrote:
sullen wrote:

If nobody else has it, I may hit ya up. I can defeat thy Macrovision, no problem :twisted:

EDIT: rainman has mee hooked (once again) with this, I'm all set.

np :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:41 pm 
Bootleg Artist
 WWW  Profile

UPDATE: DVD is finished, just need to test it for mistakes. I updated the first post to reflect the final track list.

Big thanks again to cgreaten, sullen and rainman for helping with sources. I'll get your copies burned and mailed out ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:12 pm 
Artworks Hunter
 WWW  Profile

Great News Jason!!!! :D

can't wait to watch it!! could you post the tracklist to get the artwork be considered by our house artwork artist?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading