Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading

Post subject: 2000/2003 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 pm 
Force of Nature

Does anyone have a complete set of secure EAC rips from these tours in which all were ripped using secure EAC settings + append gap to previous + noncompliant cue sheet? Preferably with a drive that can read into lead in lead out tracks.

I was hoping to put together a standardized set of these tours that were similar to the digital bootlegs released 2006-2010, each having a complete set of files including .cue files, EAC logs, proper tags, artwork scans from pjcollectors.com

If anyone does, I can do a harddrive B+P to get the files and afterwards I would create torrents for each tour.
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 2000/2003 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 am 
Force of Nature

Would you like fries with your order?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:18 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Can anyone do a B+P of Pearl Jam shows from 1990-2009? Freebies preferred.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

They're already out there and I don't seem to remember any issues with them that weren't resolved. They may not meet your criteria, however.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 pm 
Master of Meh

I can't help out with this, but I think it's an excellent idea - I've got data discs of the 2000 and 2003 tours (I'm not sure if they were from here however) but they're riddled with errors, bad rips and (in some cases) transcodes from MP3's.

Having a "master set" of perfect rips from the discs that could be spread around would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:39 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

spenno wrote:
Having a "master set" of perfect rips from the discs that could be spread around would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:08 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

spenno wrote:
I can't help out with this, but I think it's an excellent idea - I've got data discs of the 2000 and 2003 tours (I'm not sure if they were from here however) but they're riddled with errors, bad rips and (in some cases) transcodes from MP3's.

The ones that were torrented at Sidewalk Crusaders that were later used in the 2000 & 2003 data disc project, definately weren't transcodes. All of the ones I posted contained no EAC errors either (I believe the EAC log was a requirement of the site). I also "aligned" the offset of my optical drive. Frankly, they aren't going to get any better.

My rips had the source:

Source: Official release > EAC V0.95 > WAV (logs included) > FLAC Frontend (Level 8) > FLAC

I was involved in this type of project twice already.

If people don't like the work that others already did, they should get off their lazy asses and do it themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:10 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

The ones that were torrented at Sidewalk Crusaders that were later used in the 2000 & 2003 data disc project, definately weren't transcodes. All of the ones I posted contained no EAC errors either (I believe the EAC log was a requirement of the site). I also "aligned" the offset of my optical drive. Frankly, they aren't going to get any better.

My rips had the source:

Source: Official release > EAC V0.95 > WAV (logs included) > FLAC Frontend (Level 8) > FLAC

If people don't like the work that others already did, they should get off their lazy asses and do it themselves.

Where can one get this 2000/2003 data disc project?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

My rips had the source:

Ask for a B&P in the forum - if I had to guess each year is about 20 discs. I might have a spare set of one of the years - I'll have to dig.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:14 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

My rips had the source:

Ask for a B&P in the forum - if I had to guess each year is about 20 discs. I might have a spare set of one of the years - I'll have to dig.

Hmm, I was considering doing a hard drive b/p with emanon next month. I know he's got all the post 2000 shows on the drive he offered, I'll have to ask him about the sources. If I'm going to do it I'll want the best available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

My rips had the source:

Hmm, I was considering doing a hard drive b/p with emanon next month. I know he's got all the post 2000 shows on the drive he offered, I'll have to ask him about the sources. If I'm going to do it I'll want the best available.

Of the 140ish shows, there was only 1 I could remember that wasn't ripped using EAC. It had an odd Nero > ... source. Keep in mind many may be in .shn format, not FLAC format. If you don't know, .shn was the predecessor to FLAC - it lacked built in check-sums, but it's still a lossless source.

Also, be careful asking for the best available source as some boot + aud mixes exist and some people consider those better. You want the rips.

Last edited by CopperTom on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

My rips had the source:

Of the 140ish shows, there was only 1 I could remember that wasn't ripped using EAC. It had an odd Nero > ... source. Keep in mind many may be in .shn format, not FLAC format. If you don't know, .shn was the predecessor to FLAC - it lacked built in check-sums, but it's still a lossless source.

Yep, I remember shn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 pm 
Master of Meh

CopperTom wrote:
spenno wrote:

My rips had the source:

Sorry man, I had no idea this had already been done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

spenno wrote:

These didn't come from me did they Spenno? I'm gonna have to have a look at my 00's and 03's now...

Remembered to ask dude that I hung with most of party night if he had any idea why I had a large (fist-sized) purple bruise on my chest. He said he remembers "OW!" but that's it. Guess I'll never know.

Trades.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 am 
Banned from the Pit

I have masters of the whole 2000 tour. I am selling them for $20 each and some are still in wrapper.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:09 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

paintedbynumbers wrote:
I have masters of the whole 2000 tour. I am selling them for $20 each and some are still in wrapper.

Do you have 8/29 and 8/30 available?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:02 am 
Banned from the Pit

I was wondering when a topic such as this would come along. I'm able to help if someone wants to get something started. A few years ago, I had obtained a set of 2000/2003 rips from youkanland from a member named Curly (if memory serves). I'd have to pull the nfo's to confirm, but I think I remember something being mentioned about these sets also being tracked over at sidewalkcrusaders. The 2003 SHNs had some issues with the MD5s and I believe there were some anomalies with the 2000 shows as well.

Unfortunately, I only have a complete set of 2000 silvers. My 2003 set is growing, but incomplete. I have all the AUS/JPN shows, and about a good number of USA/MEX shows.

My rip method is pretty much just as monke2123 described, specifically: EAC, Gap Detection and Secure Mode rip with Test+Copy (CRCs compared to AccurateRip database), Gaps Appended to Previous Track, etc. Tags are complete and accurate and all files and folders set to a standard naming convention, though for consistency I named the track titles according to the song list at PearlJam.com. I also add the CRC of each track to the Comments field of the metadata. I keep all EAC logs, non-complaint CUE sheets as well as Accurip data from CueTools and album artwork.

My rip drive is currently the Samsung SH-S223L. It's been received well by the members at Hydrogen Audio who are serious about their rips. DAEFeatures.co.uk has an accurate representation of it's features (AccurateStream Support, Does not cache audio, good support for C2 error correction, HTOA support). While it can't over read into Lead In/Out, it has a read offset of only +6 samples, which is the lowest I've seen in a while on the current market. By appending gaps to previous track, that will leave at most 6 samples at the end of the last track unaccounted for (out of 44,100 samples per second). I've not yet done a deeper analysis of the actual mastered data on the disc, but I'm positive these 6 samples will be digital silence. The end result is as close to a bit perfect rip as my research on the topic would conclude.

I'd be happy to contribute the 2000 Tour rips to a set. If anyone has 2003 boots for sale that I can complete my set, I'd be happy to do those as well. Alternatively, if anyone has a 2003 set that can be ripped to the same standard, a collaboration would definitely be doable.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, but a PM will always get my attention if anyone would like to discuss further.

-ImpossiblyFunky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Curly comes here too, once in a while. I miss that guy. I miss Youkanland too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

ImpossiblyFunky wrote:
The 2003 SHNs had some issues with the MD5s and I believe there were some anomalies with the 2000 shows as well.

No shows had issues with the MD5 file. That's the most obvious error that you can have. Brad and Johnny had fits when bad rips were posted. If a bad rip was posted, a fix was always posted too. I don't mind you asking for a perfect set, but let's not discredit the work that was already done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm 
Got Some

I have all the originals and I am experienced with ripping discs securely. The only thing I don't know how to do is make tags. If someone wants to show me how, I can do the whole lot. Just give me a couple months. :wink:

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Trading