Board index » Help Help » Technical Support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:11 am 
Got Some

Eli, I'm looking around on NewEgg right now and they don't have any card called the "Delta." They're all just strings of numbers. Do you know what the number for the Delta is?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... t=Property

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 am 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

superklye wrote:
It's got a new "crystalizer" functionality that upmixes existing 16-bit recordings into 24-bit sound

That is interesting...however, it's not the same as sourcing the audio in 24-bit sound. You will still get better results with your original recording in 24-bit as opposed to 16. But it is still interesting. I'll have to look at that a little more.

superklye wrote:
Eli, I'm looking around on NewEgg right now and they don't have any card called the "Delta."

I do not see it anywhere on their site. It does not appear they have it. The one I have is the Delta 1010 PCI:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=h ... id/701340/

Although I was able to get mine for cheaper...it was like $330 or something. I found it cheaper on some other retail website (fuck if I can remember), and then went to the Musicians Friend website to buy it because they do price matching from confirmed retailers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:53 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:57 pm 
Got Some

Buggy wrote:
That is interesting...however, it's not the same as sourcing the audio in 24-bit sound. You will still get better results with your original recording in 24-bit as opposed to 16. But it is still interesting. I'll have to look at that a little more.

Yeah, I know 24-bit source is always going to sound better, but this is like the bridge over the gap.

Quote:
I do not see it anywhere on their site. It does not appear they have it. The one I have is the Delta 1010 PCI:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=h ... id/701340/

Although I was able to get mine for cheaper...it was like $330 or something. I found it cheaper on some other retail website (fuck if I can remember), and then went to the Musicians Friend website to buy it because they do price matching from confirmed retailers.

holy crap! That is a freakin' huge breakout box. That looks like an incredibly badass card! How are their software and drivers and such?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:18 pm 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

superklye wrote:
holy crap! That is a freakin' huge breakout box. That looks like an incredibly badass card! How are their software and drivers and such?

It's designed to be used as part of a studio rack mount. You dont have to have a rack mount of course, but that's why it has that design. It is a basass card. However, just a word of caution that it's not anything for beginners (I'm not saying you're a beginner, I really dont know your level of music production). I'd say it's intermediate at least. You just have to know how things need to be hooked up and such. The card is so good because it allows so many options while recording, the downside is that it's more complex because of it.
Unless you are seriously considering doing high end home music production, I would stick with the CreativeLabs card/setup. It's much simpler and will let you do most basic things for music recording.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:15 pm 
not a big Gay guy

cpu: P4 3gig
mobo: asus p5gpl
ram: 2x kingston 512MB ddr
video: geoforce fx 5200 256MB
case: some kinky thing with a window on the side and extra fans
an extra PCI->ATA card
seagate 120gig hard drive
dvd-rom
cd-rw
400 watt power supply
intelli mouse optical
kinky bent in half keyboard
19" sony flatscreen (not panel) monitor

i built it myself when my old computer up and died on me. nothing too fancy but it gets the job done and i can play starcraft on it once in a while.

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:50 pm 
Got Some

Buggy wrote:
superklye wrote:

It's designed to be used as part of a studio rack mount. You dont have to have a rack mount of course, but that's why it has that design. It is a basass card. However, just a word of caution that it's not anything for beginners (I'm not saying you're a beginner, I really dont know your level of music production). I'd say it's intermediate at least. You just have to know how things need to be hooked up and such. The card is so good because it allows so many options while recording, the downside is that it's more complex because of it.
Unless you are seriously considering doing high end home music production, I would stick with the CreativeLabs card/setup. It's much simpler and will let you do most basic things for music recording.

Ahhhh...okay. Yeah, I'm definitely still in the amateur stage of home recording, so I think I'll stick with Creative for now, but I have heard nothing but good things about M-Audio. Thanks for the info. :)

Post subject: Re: Post your computer specs here!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:21 am 
Got Some

Had to update with the Christmas additions. :D And I forgot a few things when I posted originally.

Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice core) @ 2.25GHz (450MHz from stock) [3500+ speeds]
2x eVGA nVIDIA 6800GT graphics cards in SLI
Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra SLI nFORCE4 motherboard
1GB (2x512) Corsair PC3200 DDR400 RAM @ 416MHz
SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro sound card
Logitech Z-5300 280W RMS THX certified 5.1 surround speaker system
Western Digital 74GB Raptor SATA 10,000RPM HDD
Maxtor 60GB ATA133 7200RPM HDD
NEC 3500A DVD+/- R/RW burner
NEC 3550A DVD+/- R/RW burner
Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse
Saitek PC Gamer's keyboard

Hopefully I'll have 2GB of Crucial PC4000 DDR500 RAM in there soon along with an Athlon 64 X2 4400 dual core CPU and maybe even a 7800GTX 512 or two. I love my side job. :D

Post subject: Re: Post your computer specs here!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
Hipster doofus

This needs an update

Intel i7 920 @ 4GHz
eVGA nVIDIA GTX280
Asus X58 Motherboard
6GB DDR3 RAM
2x SuperTalent 64GB SSD
2x Seagate 500GB HDD

Board index » Help Help » Technical Support