Board index » Help Help » Technical Support

Post subject: iPod Problems
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:00 am 
Got Some

I have had my iPod for just under a year (i got it last christmas) and i am experiencing problems with it, I think its an internal battery issue, which from what i've heard is actually pretty common. Any one else having iPod issues?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:23 am 
Got Some

Check out this article from Apple's support site to test your battery. There is a one year warranty from the date you purchased it so you should investigate this soon since your still under the year. If you discover there is a problem there is a link to request repair service in that article or go to it here: http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/

Oh and I came across this site on the Apple discussion forums, it's fairly informative: http://www.vsa.cape.com/~danh/ipod.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:37 pm 
Got Some

I have since had further issues with my Ipod, when i try to charge it, it wont take the charge, but there is an icon that pops up on the screen which is a file folder, with an exclamation over it, siminlar to the one you see when the battery life is running low. Does anyone know what that means, I tried to see if apple can fix it, and they want to charge me $250 to repair it. If it isnt something i can fix myself, for cheaper, i will be saying so long to my iPod...PLEASE HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:22 pm 
Stone's Bitch

my girlfriend had that problem over the summer... she was just going to get a new one, and forgot about the old one, but i looked in the instruction booklet and did a reset and that got it going again just fine... i don't have one of my own or i'd give you more details. but try checking the manual to reset it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:24 pm 
Got Some

suchpj wrote:
I have since had further issues with my Ipod, when i try to charge it, it wont take the charge, but there is an icon that pops up on the screen which is a file folder, with an exclamation over it, siminlar to the one you see when the battery life is running low. Does anyone know what that means, I tried to see if apple can fix it, and they want to charge me $250 to repair it. If it isnt something i can fix myself, for cheaper, i will be saying so long to my iPod...PLEASE HELP!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003

If you can't get past the first step of charging the battery, then go to the service website listed at the bottom and request to have it replaced. Otherwise keep going through the rest of the steps and see how it goes.

Board index » Help Help » Technical Support