Board index » Help Help » Technical Support

Post subject: surround sound help?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 pm 
Global Moderator

so, i am trying to set up the surround sound system finally, and ive got all the speakers up, hooked into the control unit, and it works when i watch a dvd through the control unit ( a 5 disk changer ) but i dont know how to get the PS3 to work through the surround sound, or the tv to work through the surround sound and im not sure how it needs to be hooked up.

at the moment i have an hdmi cable running from the ps3 to the tv, and from the tv to the surround sound i have the yellow red and white cables. the surround sound system is probably around 9 or 10 years old, and im sure that is most of my problem, but im sure there is a way to hook it up but i have no idea how.

i have tried running the red and white cables from the ps3 to the surround sound and changing the settings on the ps3 to do audio with the red and white cables and video with the hdmi cable but with no luck, i probably have the cabes hooked up wrong, the surround sound has and aux, vcr audio in and tv audio in for the extra options to plug into.

ive also tried running the red and white from the surround sounds tv audio in port to the tvs audio out port and still didnt get anything from the tv or the ps3 through the surround sound speakers.

im sure i confused the hell out of anyone reading it, but if anyone has any thoughts, your help is greatly appreciated

Post subject: Re: surround sound help?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 am 
a joke

Content Aware will probably take care of it.

Board index » Help Help » Technical Support