Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next

RM You be the judge!!
Guilty 33%  33%  [ 8 ]
Not guilty 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
It was the maid 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's always the maid 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
It was probably Luke 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn rape charges
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 am 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Just a news article, so of course pay no attention to it and form no opinions.

Quote:
Evidence Said to Tie Ex-I.M.F. Chief to Housekeeper
By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
Evidence from the work clothes of a hotel housekeeper matched DNA samples taken from Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former managing director of the International Monetary Fund who has been charged with sexually assaulting her, a person briefed on the matter said Monday.

The test results were consistent with what law enforcement officials have said about the account provided by the woman, the person briefed in the matter said.

They are also consistent with what Mr. Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers have suggested would be his defense — that a sexual encounter had indeed occurred when she came to clean his room at the Sofitel New York on May 14, but that it was consensual.

Other test results, including ones on samples taken from the hotel suite’s carpet, were pending.

The results described by the person briefed on the matter represented the first forensic evidence confirming that Mr. Strauss-Kahn, 62, had indeed engaged in a sexual act with the housekeeper, a 32-year-old woman from Guinea who was granted asylum in the United States and is raising her 15-year-old daughter. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the results had not been released.

Mr. Strauss-Kahn, in a brief letter resigning his post last week, denied “with the greatest possible firmness all of the allegations” against him.

One of his lawyers, Benjamin Brafman, declined to comment on the test results. But in arguing for bail at Mr. Strauss-Kahn’s arraignment on May 16, he said the defense team believed “this is a very, very defensible case.”

“The forensic evidence, we believe, is not consistent with a forcible encounter,” he said.

But prosecutors contended last week that while the investigation was in its early stages, the evidence against Mr. Strauss-Kahn “is substantial” and “continues to grow every day.”

“The complainant in this case has offered a compelling and unwavering story about what occurred in the defendant’s room,” the prosecutor in the case, Artie McConnell, said. “She made immediate outcries to multiple witnesses, both to hotel staff and to police.”

The woman, he said, also picked Mr. Strauss-Kahn out of a line-up.

Mr. Strauss-Kahn — who was released on $1 million bail and a $5 million bond on Friday, essentially under house arrest in a temporary apartment just steps from Wall Street in Lower Manhattan — remained cloistered on Monday.

His original plan to take up residence in a luxury Upper East Side building upon his release from jail fell through on Friday after neighbors complained about his alleged crimes and the international news media encampment that materialized on their doorstep.

Mr. Brafman visited his client on Monday afternoon for about an hour. He did not answer reporters’ questions when he left.

John Eligon and Colin Moynihan contributed reporting.

Man you're such a jackass.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 pm 
alot of $$$

:search:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:24 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who cares if the DNA matches? They both claim the encounter happens. Of course his DNA is going to be there.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:39 pm 
alot of $$$

JimNasium wrote:
Who cares if the DNA matches? They both claim the encounter happens. Of course his DNA is going to be there.

Yes, I agree. But his only defense to this not being rape is it was consensual. If his DNA did not match or if there was no physical evidence, his defense would probably be he never had sex with her. But yes, that article proves absolutely nothing.

This is now going to end up a he said/she said, though they probably can paint a very interesting picture with time. For instance, had the two of them ever met before? How long was she in the room?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm 
alot of $$$

By the way, contrary to what many think, they would not arrest, detain, and charge someone as powerful as DSK without some serious evidence. They didn't just take a poor maid's word here. There are international consequences with this case - he's not Kobe Bryant.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
By the way, contrary to what many think, they would not arrest, detain, and charge someone as powerful as DSK without some serious evidence. They didn't just take a poor maid's word here. There are international consequences with this case - he's not Kobe Bryant.

Yeah fuck the trial, it's so obvious he's guilty.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:50 pm 
alot of $$$

Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:

Yah, cause that's what I've been saying all along! Oh, another thing: Is it wrong for the police or the prosecution to talk publicly about his guilt before a jury convicts him? Who is allowed to have an opinion on the case?

You're a real interesting guy, Ced. By the way, I love your personal attacks on me. Really classy.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:

Yah, cause that's what I've been saying all along! Oh, another thing: Is it wrong for the police or the prosecution to talk publicly about his guilt before a jury convicts him? Who is allowed to have an opinion on the case?

You're a real interesting guy, Ced. By the way, I love your personal attacks on me. Really classy.

You've been saying you're pretty sure he's guilty, for this reason and that reason, and what i'm saying is you should probably shut up because you don't know shit. Of course from all we can read he looks guilty but that's not really the point. You seem to only believe what you want to believe and i don't think it's very clever.
And being schooled by g2t on personal attacks pretty much made my day.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:33 pm 
alot of $$$

Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:

You've been saying you're pretty sure he's guilty, for this reason and that reason, and what i'm saying is you should probably shut up because you don't know shit. Of course from all we can read he looks guilty but that's not really the point. You seem to only believe what you want to believe and i don't think it's very clever.

Not sure why I bother with you. It doesn't matter where you post or what the topic is about: You basically just write the same thing over and over and over and over...

It's gotta be exhausting being so negative and sad.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:37 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:

Not sure why I bother with you. It doesn't matter where you post or what the topic is about: You basically just write the same thing over and over and over and over...

It's gotta be exhausting being so negative and sad.

I'm being positive here ! I trust the american justice :)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:41 pm 
alot of $$$

Quote:
Of course from all we can read he looks guilty but that's not really the point.

What's the point then? What exactly are we doing in this thread? What's the point. Please tell me Ced.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Quote:

What's the point then? What exactly are we doing in this thread? What's the point. Please tell me Ced.

:|

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:51 pm 
alot of $$$

Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:

I'll interpret that as "check-mate".

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:

I'll interpret that as "check-mate".

If my point isn't clear by now, i indeed give up.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm 
wat

actually... if I can patrially arbitrate this conversation?

Id say you are both correct in some aspects...

yes, there will be an international impact
yes, he is innocent until proven guilty

gtt, you are wrong to think any investigative institution knows all the facts and for you to reguard it as truth, that is wrong.

bateman, stop getting emotional about it... you would falter in any court of law when you put your emotion besides passion in any debate

Last visit was: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:43 am
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. - Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm 
alot of $$$

Quote:

No.

Quote:

It was a great game, mate. Let me know if you want to play again in anther threat on an entirely different topic in the near future. I bet you do :)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:15 pm 
wat

Hell, I still love yah New York. Love doesnt play any games more than you dont want her too...

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. - Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Supersonic

given2trade wrote:
Quote:

No.

Quote:

It was a great game, mate. Let me know if you want to play again in anther threat on an entirely different topic in the near future. I bet you do :)

:shake:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 pm 
alot of $$$

Also, and this might come as a complete shock to you, but if there was any articles/evidence supporting DSK I would be posting those, too. I don't have any vendetta against the man. I'm merely posting all the articles/news I see on the case and opining on them.

There have been no such articles though maybe there are some written in French.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:07 pm 
wat

given2trade wrote:
Also, and this might come as a complete shock to you, but if there was any articles/evidence supporting DSK I would be posting those, too. I don't have any vendetta against the man. I'm merely posting all the articles/news I see on the case and opining on them.

There have been no such articles though maybe there are some written in French.

alright I need Skitch's sig here NOW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate