Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chick-Fil-A Supports Anti Gay Marriage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 pm 
a joke

darth_vedder wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
One of my problems with it is their beliefs. They may as well just say they don't like black people. I really don't have much more to say on this. I don't agree with CFA's CEO, and as a result of his comments, I won't eat there anymore. I suppose you and I just disagree on this issue.

We're really not disagreeing. I am just surprised that it took him SAYING that's what he believes. I assumed those were his beliefs the whole time.

You know what they say when you assume...

I've been going to CFA since I've been a kid. I also grew up in a southern baptist house (Mom's side). I honestly never really thought much about their political or social beliefs. I just went there for a tasty chicken sandwich from time to time. I knew they were Christian b/c of the Sunday thing, but again, I had no idea about any stance / beliefs of theirs. I do now, and I won't eat there any more. And this is what alos pisses me off...I want a chicken sandwich from them so bad.

Then go have one. This is just one guys opinion (that is held by a large percentage of the population).. and on this issue he has no more power than you or me. It's just an opinion. It's not as if he is saying he won't hire homosexuals, or hates them.. he just has an archaic view on marriage. Your grandma probably does too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
One of my problems with it is their beliefs. They may as well just say they don't like black people. I really don't have much more to say on this. I don't agree with CFA's CEO, and as a result of his comments, I won't eat there anymore. I suppose you and I just disagree on this issue.

We're really not disagreeing. I am just surprised that it took him SAYING that's what he believes. I assumed those were his beliefs the whole time.

You know what they say when you assume...

I've been going to CFA since I've been a kid. I also grew up in a southern baptist house (Mom's side). I honestly never really thought much about their political or social beliefs. I just went there for a tasty chicken sandwich from time to time. I knew they were Christian b/c of the Sunday thing, but again, I had no idea about any stance / beliefs of theirs. I do now, and I won't eat there any more. And this is what alos pisses me off...I want a chicken sandwich from them so bad.

Then go have one. This is just one guys opinion (that is held by a large percentage of the population).. and on this issue he has no more power than you or me. It's just an opinion. It's not as if he is saying he won't hire homosexuals, or hates them.. he just has an archaic view on marriage. Your grandma probably does too.

Tyr my entire mom's side of the family. Other than mindless pleasantries, I can't have a conversation with any of them.

I think I'll pass on CFA for the foreseeable future. He made his opinion known, and took a side, so I'm doing the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:23 pm 
statistically insignificant

fuck, now i really want some waffle fries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Yeah, this thread has gone and made me hungry. And I've never even seen a Chick-Fil-A!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
Unthought Known

thodoks wrote:
fuck, now i really want some waffle fries

Fortunately for me, my local watering hole serves them:

http://bourbondc.com/home/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
Spacegirl

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Rick is the one famous for explaining the joke, not me.

you are the undisputed runner up though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:35 pm 
Force of Nature

thodoks wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
They may as well just say they don't like black people.

I can't really see a company in the business of chicken slinging coming out against black people.

Yeah, that whole Chicken & Waffle....fries thing can't be a mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm 
Unthought Known

hmmm why did i think they were mormon?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 pm 
Unthought Known

I think it'd be pretty funny if gay couples instead of boycotting, went into chick fil a's all over the country in boy scout uniforms and made out after eating chick fil a.

Oh you're against it, here, enjoy full frontal.

The Founder is a great guy. I know him personally. His kids are nice too, they do a lot of great things to help other humans, they are just Baptists. They believe gay marriage is immoral. There's really nothing wrong with that, it's a free country. I think they are misguided, but it's what they believe. I don't even really feel the need to try and make them change their minds. I just enjoy thier chicken.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:55 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
I think it'd be pretty funny if gay couples instead of boycotting, went into chick fil a's all over the country in boy scout uniforms and made out after eating chick fil a.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:56 pm 
On the bright side

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Yeah, this thread has gone and made me hungry. And I've never even seen a Chick-Fil-A!

You would probably hate it and then this thread would piss me off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:00 pm 
Got Some

Electromatic wrote:

The Founder is a great guy. I know him personally. His kids are nice too, they do a lot of great things to help other humans, they are just Baptists. They believe gay marriage is immoral. There's really nothing wrong with that, it's a free country. I think they are misguided, but it's what they believe. I don't even really feel the need to try and make them change their minds. I just enjoy thier chicken.

"They believe gay marriage is immoral." that quote cracks me up. You can believe something is immoral without giving money to groups that promote laws that discriminate against people.

Hypothetically speaking, I believe that people with blonde hair should only be allowed to marry other people with blonde hair. That is just my opinion and I'm entitled to my bigotry. But if I lobby politicians and give money to groups with the goal of discriminating against people of other hair colors to marry, I deserve all the public outcry I will invariably receive.

"The Founder is a great guy." Another hysterical assertion. I bigot is a bigot. It is his opinion and he is welcome to it, but don't defend bigotry, it will get you nowhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 pm 
AnalLog

Ilium wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

"They believe gay marriage is immoral." that quote cracks me up. You can believe something is immoral without giving money to groups that promote laws that discriminate against people.

Hypothetically speaking, I believe that people with blonde hair should only be allowed to marry other people with blonde hair. That is just my opinion and I'm entitled to my bigotry. But if I lobby politicians and give money to groups with the goal of discriminating against people of other hair colors to marry, I deserve all the public outcry I will invariably receive.

"The Founder is a great guy." Another hysterical assertion. I bigot is a bigot. It is his opinion and he is welcome to it, but don't defend bigotry, it will get you nowhere.
his corporation, which speaks w/ money, is saying these things... not the individual who's "a great guy."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm 
Unthought Known

What do you want me to say? I doubt Chick Fil A would say they support bigotry even if they give money to these groups.

I don't know shit about the groups they give money too. All I'm saying is I've met the guy, he's a very kind person, cares for lots of people gives loads of money to put people through college and does a lot of work for orphans.

Chick Fil A has a hole in their head to give money to these groups anyway for various reasons, including coming out with any political stance whatsoever. It's kind of dumb, but then many things involving religion are.

Last edited by Electromatic on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm 
AnalLog

px wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Aug. 3rd: http://www.facebook.com/events/444598242237116/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm 
Unthought Known

EllisEamos wrote:
px wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

That's Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:06 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Rebar wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

You would probably hate it and then this thread would piss me off.

I think we could enjoy a meal together, friend.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:11 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

EllisEamos wrote:
px wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Reaping and sowing...reaping and sowing.. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 am 
Interweb Celebrity

I wouldn't say I search out information on who makes most of the goods I purchase, but when a company makes it publicly known that it directly opposes my values, it might make sense to not support their business.

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 am 
Interweb Celebrity

Also, I'm a vegetarian.

We gotta watch our backs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate