Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post subject: Re: Homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 am 
Johnny Guitar

I've been in the middle of some pretty fierce "gay" debates over the past few weeks at work. I do construction, and I get along with everybody on the crew well and good. Even though I'm pretty liberal and everyone else I work with is 100%, well, not liberal. I'm the "hippie," you see.
When the gay marraige bill passed, the slurs started flowing. I was really put back by how personal these guys seemed to take the idea of two dudes wanting to put their penis in each others buttholes. And that's all I've really ever chalked it up to. I've had friends who are homos, and other than getting the heebie jeebies when seeing them make out, it has honestly never affected me personally, and it never will. It has no merit on what kind of person you are; some gay people are really cool, but most are assholes. Just like straight people. That's been my big selling point during these debates. But unsuprisingly, I've not been able to change any minds, and they all now think that I'm "gayer" than they thought because of my attempted defense of the homo erotic genus.
Most people I've talked to who are anti gay believe that it's a "choice." This logic has never made sense to me. Why would somebody purposely choose something that is going to completely ostricize them from 90% of the population, making their life much more difficult than it could/should be? I always think back to the 1st time I saw a set of tits on tv. I was 9 or 10 years old. I got a boner. I don't know about all of you, but I'm assuming that most people have a similar experience. It's not something you dictate, it's been dictated for you. It's like "wow, that was awesome. I have now made it my life's mission to see as many of those as possible." It's just instantly ebroided into your head. Nothing you can do about it.
Makes me deeply sad. And angry. The fact that we are so judgmental about things that mean so little.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 am 
statistically insignificant

what is this thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 am 
Coast to Coast

tyler never disappoints

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am 
The Snowboy

ajurlacher1 wrote:
I've been in the middle of some pretty fierce "gay" debates over the past few weeks at work. I do construction, and I get along with everybody on the crew well and good. Even though I'm pretty liberal and everyone else I work with is 100%, well, not liberal. I'm the "hippie," you see.
When the gay marraige bill passed, the slurs started flowing. I was really put back by how personal these guys seemed to take the idea of two dudes wanting to put their penis in each others buttholes. And that's all I've really ever chalked it up to. I've had friends who are homos, and other than getting the heebie jeebies when seeing them make out, it has honestly never affected me personally, and it never will. It has no merit on what kind of person you are; some gay people are really cool, but most are assholes. Just like straight people. That's been my big selling point during these debates. But unsuprisingly, I've not been able to change any minds, and they all now think that I'm "gayer" than they thought because of my attempted defense of the homo erotic genus.
Most people I've talked to who are anti gay believe that it's a "choice." This logic has never made sense to me. Why would somebody purposely choose something that is going to completely ostricize them from 90% of the population, making their life much more difficult than it could/should be? I always think back to the 1st time I saw a set of tits on tv. I was 9 or 10 years old. I got a boner. I don't know about all of you, but I'm assuming that most people have a similar experience. It's not something you dictate, it's been dictated for you. It's like "wow, that was awesome. I have now made it my life's mission to see as many of those as possible." It's just instantly ebroided into your head. Nothing you can do about it.
Makes me deeply sad. And angry. The fact that we are so judgmental about things that mean so little.

Fucking awesome fucking post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm 
Supersonic

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate