Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Decriminalization of Marijuana??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:54 pm 
Johnny Guitar

just want to know the feelings on this subject,

on the Alaskan ballod this nov 2 they will be voting on the decriminalization of marijuana

if this was your state how would you vote?

jesus i wish this was a PA question cause id vote for it in a minute, i think its stupid that it is illegal, it should be decriminalized, for thousands of reasons

"I WILL SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT TILL IT FILLS THIS ROOM"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:56 pm 
Unthought Known

I'd vote yes. I think all drugs should be legal. I don't care what you want to do to your own body.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:02 pm 
Supersonic

i would vote no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:05 pm 
Johnny Guitar

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
I'd vote yes. I think all drugs should be legal. I don't care what you want to do to your own body.

well i dont think all drugs should be legal, drugs like coke, heroin, crack, they should surely stay illegal

but pot is so inconsequential

"I WILL SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT TILL IT FILLS THIS ROOM"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:48 pm 
Got Some

I think it should be legal. When my dad was going through chemo (he's fine, it wasn't a major cancer), he was given a really low, legal dose to help with the nausea. His doctor apparently told him he should ask me if I could score some at school (um, luckily I never had to do that)... I don't know if a stronger dose would have helped, but it would have been nice if it was legal so he could have tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:49 pm 
Got Some

Decriminalization of Marijuana??

yes

but I wouldn't hold my breath

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:05 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

This is a long overdue change that needs to take place in America. Luckily, I live in a state full of independent-minded folks, many of whom like their weed.

That being said, I don't smoke it, and I don't like it either. But there is absolutely no reason for it to be illegal.

That also being said, the initiative may not even pass on Election Day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:30 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

yeah i think drugs in general should be legalized and semi-regulated...i saw a whole seminar on this and the pro's/cons...very interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:30 am 
Johnny Guitar

I'd vote yes...there's no reason for marijuana to be illegal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:42 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Everybody knows my stance on this....our state and local governments would save a lot of time if they stop this propaganda. We have millions of dollars being spent every year so the idiots in the DARE program can stop by Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade class to tell them the dangers of marijuana. Wrecking their cars, getting their girlfriends pregnant, burning their houses down. Instead, the money should go to public parks, or hell, even more law enforcment, as long as its made illegal or at least decriminalized.

Here's how "unified" America is: possession of any amount of marijuana or paraphanelia in my hometown results in massive fines up to $1000. Yet in my college town 3 hours away, possession of pot up to 10 grams or a piece of paraphanelia is equal to a traffic ticket.

The war on drugs has been a miserable failure and the establishment is just throwing money down the toilet to protect our country's (supposed) wonderful, rosey cheeked, white, God-fearing, middle-class children.

Amazing how far fear goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:02 am 
Johnny Guitar

I think it somewhat hypocritical of the government to say one thing is alright, but another is not.

I spend close to $150.00 bucks on prescription medication. Do I like paying that? Hell no, but what am I going to do.

One day, the government will find a great way to regulate the distribution of marijuana. It's all about money, once they find a way, they will find a a way to justify the distribution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:06 am 
Of Counsel

Decriminalize possession of all drugs.

--PunkDavid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:45 am 
In a van down by the river

keep it criminalized:

if it becomes legal, then that means it will be monitored as far as potencey goes. then people will not like that, theyll want stuff that is stronger, so then they go back to getting it in "the back alleys" where it is much more potent.

we already have alcohol that is legal, and people do stupid enough stuff while drunk as it is, we dont need another group doing stupid shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:07 am 
Administrator

Definitely legalize weed.

As far as "harder" drugs go, I'm still on the fence. It's a delicate balance between individual freedom and public safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:35 am 
Got Some

If the federal governement were to decriminalize marijuana it would be a HUGE money making opportunity. They would simply do what they do with cigarettes, and make it illegal to sell it with out a tax stamp. So, they would just tax the hell out of it, and charge $20 for what you could buy for $5 on the street. Personally i couldnt care less about it one way or another. The people who smoke it now, will still smoket, and for the most part, people who dont smoke now, will continue not to smoke. There would probably be a slight influx of people trying it, but in the long run more people woudlnt be sucked in. After all, when the governemtn starts charging $40 for a joint, not many people will do it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:45 am 
Former PJ Drummer

It would be impossible for the government to regulate it, people would just grow and buy and sell their own for prices far less than those sold in privately owned shops that are taxed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:10 am 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
keep it criminalized:

if it becomes legal, then that means it will be monitored as far as potencey goes. then people will not like that, theyll want stuff that is stronger, so then they go back to getting it in "the back alleys" where it is much more potent.

we already have alcohol that is legal, and people do stupid enough stuff while drunk as it is, we dont need another group doing stupid shit

Decriminalization and Legalization are not the same.

To decriminalize marijuana in the least sense would be to simply remove the possiblity of jail time, and fines for possesion might still be existent.

Also, alcohol is probably ten times more dangerous than weed. It's much harder to take advantage of a girl if she's only smoked weed, it's much easier to drive if one has only smoked weed, it's much easier to think clearly if one has only smoked weed...the list goes on and on. If alcohol is legal, weed shoudl surely be legal.

Always do the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:31 am 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

I would vote yes for a few reasons. One is because pot actually has benefits to one's health. Another is because of the length of time it shows up in drug tests. For instance...if your employer requires random drug screens, you could be a crack head, herion feind, etc...and the test will show you are clean as long as it's been a day or so since you last used...but with pot you can have not used for quite some time and the test will still show positive. That just isn't fair.
I don't even smoke the stuff but have seen it help people...especially people with ADHD. I also witnessed people losing their jobs for testing positive yet not have smoked it in a week or so.

POT needs to be legal....it is less destructive than alcohol and that is legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:33 am 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

glorified_version wrote:
It would be impossible for the government to regulate it, people would just grow and buy and sell their own for prices far less than those sold in privately owned shops that are taxed.
That is no different than people who brew their own beer. C'mon......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:00 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Heatherj43 wrote:
glorified_version wrote:
That is no different than people who brew their own beer. C'mon......

I would say brewing your own beer is much different than growing your own pot. People would still grow it at high potency and sell it less than the government does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate