Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:01 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Peeps wrote:

and before anyone else wants to put words in my mouth, i also wouldnt mind alcohol and cigs illegal

Damn right. Prohibition was a very successful time for..well, the mob. Why don't you see the DIRECT parallels between alcohol prohibition and the war on drugs?
Eating a tub of butter every day is bad for you too. Ban it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:05 pm 
In a van down by the river

walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
RainDog wrote:
? ... ?

You do realize that different drugs have different effects, and that the word "high" is just a general catch-all which can even be applied to someone who is drunk? Right?

Or did Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign succeed in twisting your mind to the belief that if it's illegal, it might as well be heroin?

no, seriously, they are? damn, i thought nancy was speaking the gospel in that episode of different strokes...foolish me

what im getting at is, why should pot be legal and not others. people have different tolerances for certain drugs, and if one is legal then they all should be, thats all im saying, other words, youre playing favorites with the pot heads and not the smack or crack heads

and before anyone else wants to put words in my mouth, i also wouldnt mind alcohol and cigs illegal

listen to yourself

i stick 150% behind everything i have said, i have never and will never use drugs. i drink maybe 12 beers a year and will never ever smoke a cigarette

do you have a point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:07 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Definitely legalize weed.

As far as "harder" drugs go, I'm still on the fence. It's a delicate balance between individual freedom and public safety.

so why shouldnt "harder" drugs be legalized also? youre still getting the high arent you?

Because Hard drugs are not natural, Marijuana is.

Well, cocaine and opium derivatives also come from natural sources. Not sure where you are going with this one.

i think he is going here

pot - simply... grow, pick, hang upside down for a few days to dry, get rid of all the excess leaves, and toke

opium and coke are not simply a plant... a lot goes in to producing these substances using the poppy plants and coca leaves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:10 pm 
Devil's Advocate

pearljamminagain wrote:

i think he is going here

pot - simply... grow, pick, hang upside down for a few days to dry, get rid of all the excess leaves, and toke

opium and coke are not simply a plant... a lot goes in to producing these substances using the poppy plants and coca leaves

It takes some work to make beer or vodka too. I'm not sure what the point is.

Post subject:
Johnny Guitar

Green Habit wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

As far as "harder" drugs go, I'm still on the fence. It's a delicate balance between individual freedom and public safety.

so why shouldnt "harder" drugs be legalized also? youre still getting the high arent you?

Well, cocaine and opium derivatives also come from natural sources. Not sure where you are going with this one.

come from natural sources and then processed. you dont just pick a cocaine leave and snort it.

Last edited by walshmg on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
RainDog wrote:
? ... ?

You do realize that different drugs have different effects, and that the word "high" is just a general catch-all which can even be applied to someone who is drunk? Right?

Or did Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign succeed in twisting your mind to the belief that if it's illegal, it might as well be heroin?

no, seriously, they are? damn, i thought nancy was speaking the gospel in that episode of different strokes...foolish me

what im getting at is, why should pot be legal and not others. people have different tolerances for certain drugs, and if one is legal then they all should be, thats all im saying, other words, youre playing favorites with the pot heads and not the smack or crack heads

listen to yourself

i stick 150% behind everything i have said, i have never and will never use drugs. i drink maybe 12 beers a year and will never ever smoke a cigarette

do you have a point?

he has a point... but you really dont... im not going to ask for an opinion on drugs from someone who has never touched them... you obviously dont have any first-hand experience on these issues, so YOU are the one that has no point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:11 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
RainDog wrote:
? ... ?

listen to yourself

do you have a point?

Alcohol isn't a drug????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I can't believe you stoners are talking about legalizing drugs when there is a war in Iraq. The nerve of you stoners, especially the ones who have kids.

Remember its better to go out "swinging" than to watch the 3rd reich. I mean strike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:19 pm 

walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
RainDog wrote:
? ... ?

listen to yourself

do you have a point?

Alcohol isn't a drug????

im sorry, drugs, you know, crack, coke, heroin, ectasy, qualudes, uppers, downers, oxycotin

yes i drink beer, which by definition is a drug, but never more than 3 or 4 a night and at best over a 4 hour period, and maybe 3 times a year, and the only reason i do that is my friend comes home from maryland and we go out

theres a huge distinction between the drug alcohol and the drug everything else, but i forgot, your from boston so you might not realise how to rationally think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:21 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I think PEEPS needs to go get some PAPES, take two rips and call us in the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm 
Devil's Advocate

If Peeps comes to Seattle...Me, Seatown, JamLiz and Jules are going to get him ripped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:25 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Peeps wrote:

im sorry, drugs, you know, crack, coke, heroin, ectasy, qualudes, uppers, downers, oxycotin

yes i drink beer, which by definition is a drug, but never more than 3 or 4 a night and at best over a 4 hour period, and maybe 3 times a year, and the only reason i do that is my friend comes home from maryland and we go out

theres a huge distinction between the drug alcohol and the drug everything else, but i forgot, your from boston so you might not realise how to rationally think

1st - I am not from Boston, or Massachusetts for that matter.
2cd - Alcohol is THE Definition of a drug.
3rd - You seem to know an aweful lot about drugs for someone who doesnt do them.
4th- Why do I bother responding to your stupid post's?? If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:26 pm 

Athletic Supporter wrote:
If Peeps comes to Seattle...Me, Seatown, JamLiz and Jules are going to get him ripped.

better chance of towlie and his wife swinging with name of noman

or EF actually not wishing countless deaths on america or her govt

or of voodoo coming back and being an intellectual

or of me being friendly towards everyone and not assuming they are assholes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:29 pm 

walshmg wrote:
1st - I am not from Boston, or Massachusetts for that matter.

then perhaps you shouldnt bitch about jack being a yankees fan

Quote:
2cd - Alcohol is THE Definition of a drug.

A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

Quote:
3rd - You seem to know an aweful lot about drugs for someone who doesnt do them.

its called paying attention to the world around me

Quote:
4th- Why do I bother responding to your stupid post's?? If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

its the only way youre going to learn anything

Last edited by Peeps on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:29 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Zutmon, as fun as talking about the war in Iraq is after being mislead by pointless facts about the war day after day on the news is, us "stoners" are debating a topic that anyone can share their opinions on. So next time i'm on the "I had a wet dream last night" thread, i'll make sure we talk about something meaningful, so watch out you hopeful dreamers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:30 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Peeps wrote:

better chance of towlie and his wife swinging with name of noman

or EF actually not wishing countless deaths on america or her govt

or of voodoo coming back and being an intellectual

or of me being friendly towards everyone and not assuming they are assholes :)
We'll talk about all of that over a few shots of tequila. Come my friend, bring your favorite glass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:33 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

zutmon wrote:
I can't believe you stoners are talking about legalizing drugs when there is a war in Iraq. The nerve of you stoners, especially the ones who have kids.

Remember its better to go out "swinging" than to watch the 3rd reich. I mean strike.

You talkin' to me?

I sent men to their doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:43 pm 
Got Some

Peeps wrote:

do you have a point?

Peeps I'd never do half the shit you do, like drawing a swastika on my notebook, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal for you.

I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:44 pm 
Administrator

walshmg wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

come from natural sources and then processed. you dont just pick a cocaine leave and snort it.

OK, but as Eric said, it takes some processing to make alcohol, too.

Still not seeing why "naturality" has to do with legalization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:45 pm 
Administrator

And me. You'd bet your ass I'd make it over the Cascades to assist in that endeavour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate