Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:48 pm 
Devil's Advocate

LittleWing wrote:
Quote:
Watch out for that slippery slope, my friend. I've got a list of Americans whose families have lived here for generations whose citizenships I think should be shitcanned.- PD

I'm telling you, Immigrant Exchange program.

How easy should it be to become a US citizen?

Fairly easy. You know a lot of 25 year old Americans willing to work in the agriculture business (picking tomatoes, slaughtering cows...)? Right now we've got millions of people who live here illegally that are dying to be citizens. Let 'em in and let 'em start paying some taxes. I know this is basic and simple, but no one should die in the desert trying to get to Phoenix so he can work for minimum wage in some job no one else wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:02 pm 
The Decider

pjam81373 wrote:
shades-go-down wrote:
Good luck changing the constitution.

So you think the following is wrong?

Quote:
Some conservatives in Congress, as well as advocacy groups seeking to crack down on illegal immigration, say the amendment has been misapplied, that it was never intended to grant citizenship automatically to babies of illegal immigrants. Thus they contend that federal legislation, rather than a difficult-to-achieve constitutional amendment, would be sufficient to end birthright citizenship.

Interpretation only kicks in, or only should kick in, where the plain meaning of the text creates ambiguity. The words of the Fourteenth Amendment (here at least) are not ambiguous in the slightest.

If you want to take this path, one might equally argue that the Fourteenth Amendment was not intended to give blacks totally equal civil rights, or that the Fifteenth Amendment was not intended to confer voting rights on women.

Careful with this selective originalism.

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:35 pm 
Unthought Known

Athletic Supporter wrote:
Fairly easy. You know a lot of 25 year old Americans willing to work in the agriculture business (picking tomatoes, slaughtering cows...)?

Don't be short sighted. We don't need anyone to pick veggies from the fields. We can do what they do in Australia. Use machines. Robots. It's a whole untapped industry just waiting to be developed... all they need is a demand (which would exist if it weren't for the slave labor from Mexico) and the supply will appear.

Let 'em in and let 'em start paying some taxes.

They will not, over their lifetime, pay into the system remotely close what they take out. Nor, statistically speaking, will their next 3 generations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:01 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

broken_iris wrote:
They will not, over their lifetime, pay into the system remotely close what they take out. Nor, statistically speaking, will their next 3 generations.

Do you have some evidence for this? I definitely believe it as is, but I would love to read more from a good source. I've been saying that same shit for years, and everyone tells me to prove it.

Illegal immigration makes me so mad :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:36 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

I think everyone born in America should have to pass a test to be a citizen, regardless of who their parents are. If we're gonna deport hispanic kids, we should dump the stupid white ones too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:57 pm 
Devil's Advocate

broken_iris wrote:
Fairly easy. You know a lot of 25 year old Americans willing to work in the agriculture business (picking tomatoes, slaughtering cows...)?

Don't be short sighted. We don't need anyone to pick veggies from the fields. We can do what they do in Australia. Use machines. Robots. It's a whole untapped industry just waiting to be developed... all they need is a demand (which would exist if it weren't for the slave labor from Mexico) and the supply will appear.

Robots pick tomata's in Australia? Seriously? Fucking cool.

broken_iris wrote:
Let 'em in and let 'em start paying some taxes.

Well that's a different discussion altogether ;)
Who does pay in more than they're taking out? Considering we all pay for the military....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:58 pm 
Unthought Known

Buffalohed wrote:
broken_iris wrote:

Do you have some evidence for this? I definitely believe it as is, but I would love to read more from a good source. I've been saying that same shit for years, and everyone tells me to prove it.

Illegal immigration makes me so mad :evil:

http://www.cis.org/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01412.html

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ire07.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:02 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Who does pay in more than they're taking out? Considering we all pay for the military....

Did you know that each .50 caliber machine gun round costs $4? Did you know that in training and in live fire missions, machine gunners routinely shoot hundreds of rounds. At targets, and mountainsides, and rocks, and dirt, and nothing. $4 per round, 500 rounds per minute.

Sorry...that was totally off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:09 am 
Unthought Known

Maybe not tomatos, but most other fruits like apples/peaches/grapes can be harvested by machines. Machines who don't bring narco-terrorism with them and who have no chidlren who need special language classes.

I would assume that anyone who is too wealthy to qualify for medicare probably put in more over thier lifetime than they would take out. But with Bush's f**king retarded perscription drug plan, maybe no one but the top 10% will put in more than they take out.

I just realized I seriously insulted the intellegence of retarded people by comparing them to the authors and sponsers of Bush's drug plan. I apologize Corky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:41 am 
Former PJ Drummer

broken_iris wrote:

Maybe not tomatos, but most other fruits like apples/peaches/grapes can be harvested by machines. Machines who don't bring narco-terrorism with them and who have no chidlren who need special language classes.

I would assume that anyone who is too wealthy to qualify for medicare probably put in more over thier lifetime than they would take out. But with Bush's f**king retarded perscription drug plan, maybe no one but the top 10% will put in more than they take out.

I just realized I seriously insulted the intellegence of retarded people by comparing them to the authors and sponsers of Bush's drug plan. I apologize Corky.

That post was totally brutal.

You fucking rock, broken_iris.

PS: http://www.cis.org is beautifully skewed. They are so richly anti-illegal immigration I can feel it. And they have lots of juicy stuff on the massive population growth predicted for this century because of immigrants. Good shit, I love this website.

Last edited by Buffalohed on Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:45 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Can we build a fucking wall already. A really big, tall, scary one. Preferably with spikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:21 am 
Spaceman

broken_iris wrote:

I don't know if machines can be used or not, but just to clarify; in general people, not robots, pick fruit in Australia.

To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:36 am 
Supersonic

Quote:
I think everyone born in America should have to pass a test to be a citizen, regardless of who their parents are. If we're gonna deport hispanic kids, we should dump the stupid white ones too. - B

Now now B. That's not very liberal of you.

Quote:
Fairly easy. You know a lot of 25 year old Americans willing to work in the agriculture business (picking tomatoes, slaughtering cows...)? Right now we've got millions of people who live here illegally that are dying to be citizens. Let 'em in and let 'em start paying some taxes. I know this is basic and simple, but no one should die in the desert trying to get to Phoenix so he can work for minimum wage in some job no one else wants. - AS

Sadly, I kind of disagree. I agree with you that no one should die in the desert to get to Phoenix to work a minimum wage job no one else wants. But...that person doesn't have to even go into our desert in the first place. I would rather have Americans that are now on welfare work for minimum wage jobs heald by illegal's. Our population should be managed to some extent. Why should we just...open our borders to these people to fill low-skill jobs, when there are millions of eligible candidates for those positions here already? Because you're born in America, waste your younger years, you got be snooty and throw your nose up in the air, say, "I don't want to do those icky jobs," and collect welfare?

But then again, that's why I do propose the "LittleWing Immigrant Exchange Program: Give us your tired and weary, and we'll give you those that don't appreciate what they were born into." I do think far more of immigrants who come here illegally, to do those hard jobs, and send almost all of it back home via remittance, than I do the worthless assholes in America that abuse our grotesque welfare system.

However, we don't live in LittleWingland, so I have to say that putting Americans into America's jobs, is far better than opening the flood gates, putting immigrants in those jobs, and supporting millions of Americans on welfare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:13 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
I think everyone born in America should have to pass a test to be a citizen, regardless of who their parents are. If we're gonna deport hispanic kids, we should dump the stupid white ones too. - B

* :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:21 pm 
Supersonic

I'm pretty sure you earn your right to citizenship through countless years of repetitive toil in a job you couldn't care less about, knowing that each night you've got to go home to make a cheap Hamburger Helper knock-off and deal with your stupid kids...slowly being pulled more and more into debt and, worst of all, using your few free moments...the ones that belong to you and you alone...to watch the Tonight Show.

Our new motto: America. If you can survive Jay Leno, you're tough as coffin nails. Come on in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:35 pm 
Devil's Advocate

LittleWing wrote:
Sadly, I kind of disagree. I agree with you that no one should die in the desert to get to Phoenix to work a minimum wage job no one else wants. But...that person doesn't have to even go into our desert in the first place. I would rather have Americans that are now on welfare work for minimum wage jobs heald by illegal's. Our population should be managed to some extent. Why should we just...open our borders to these people to fill low-skill jobs, when there are millions of eligible candidates for those positions here already? Because you're born in America, waste your younger years, you got be snooty and throw your nose up in the air, say, "I don't want to do those icky jobs," and collect welfare?

But then again, that's why I do propose the "LittleWing Immigrant Exchange Program: Give us your tired and weary, and we'll give you those that don't appreciate what they were born into." I do think far more of immigrants who come here illegally, to do those hard jobs, and send almost all of it back home via remittance, than I do the worthless assholes in America that abuse our grotesque welfare system.

However, we don't live in LittleWingland, so I have to say that putting Americans into America's jobs, is far better than opening the flood gates, putting immigrants in those jobs, and supporting millions of Americans on welfare.

Man, we need to split into another welfare thread?

Welfare is definitely a problem. It's so easy to get that people don't have to work. I totally agree with you about the "icky job" thing. There are jobs in every city doing SOMETHING. It may not be fun or glamorous. Hell, I yell at my sister constantly because she thinks jobs are beneath her, so she goes without heat in her apartment instead :roll:
So can we wipe out almost all welfare and open the borders and say survival of the fittest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:33 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

How about we wipe out most welfare, close the borders, and say survival of the fittest? Yeah, America is a melting pot. But right now, it's like cutting a huge hole in the bottom of a melting pot, turning on a huge faucet, and saying whatever is in the pot right now is America. Point is, America is fast reaching a point where there is no original America left.

Our population is growing so fast from immigration (a lot of it illegal) that the old mixes we used to have will be left in the dust. Old mixes being the Irish and Italian, the German and the French, the English, the native American. The longer these populations have been around, the lower thier birth-rate and population growth rate. It's gone way beyond being just a melting pot. Soon it will be like...would you like some coffee with your cream? A handful of Americans, and a shitload of immigrants. How fast can you bring in immigrants and still say that they are the Americans?

This post will probably come off as extremely racist, but whatever. I am against people that cannot control thier birth-rate, and I am against people that rely on welfare, and I am against people that do not put into the system what they take out. Aside from that, I have no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:39 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Buffalohed wrote:
How about we wipe out most welfare, close the borders, and say survival of the fittest? Yeah, America is a melting pot. But right now, it's like cutting a huge hole in the bottom of a melting pot, turning on a huge faucet, and saying whatever is in the pot right now is America. Point is, America is fast reaching a point where there is no original America left.

Our population is growing so fast from immigration (a lot of it illegal) that the old mixes we used to have will be left in the dust. Old mixes being the Irish and Italian, the German and the French, the English, the native American. The longer these populations have been around, the lower thier birth-rate and population growth rate. It's gone way beyond being just a melting pot. Soon it will be like...would you like some coffee with your cream? A handful of Americans, and a shitload of immigrants. How fast can you bring in immigrants and still say that they are the Americans?

This post will probably come off as extremely racist, but whatever. I am against people that cannot control thier birth-rate, and I am against people that rely on welfare, and I am against people that do not put into the system what they take out. Aside from that, I have no problems.

So...who's an American?

I have a feeling your post is going to be jumped on relatively quickly and harshly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:48 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Yeah, I know.

I don't think some people are American and some are not. I agree with the way the country works, and how we integrate different cultures. I just think we should slow down immigration or we may actually have to ask that question, who is an American?, sometime in the future. And I don't want it to come to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:10 am 
Supersonic

Quote:
So can we wipe out almost all welfare and open the borders and say survival of the fittest? - AS

No. I think it'd have some negative economic consequences. Immigration is restricted and monitored (at least it's supposed to be) for a good number of reasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate