Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: the post onion articles thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 am 
AnalLog

I thought this one was even more to the point:

Right To Own Handheld Device That Shoots Deadly Metal Pellets At High Speed Worth All Of This
News in Brief • News • Dec 14, 2012

NEWTOWN, CT—Following today’s mass shooting that left 20 young children dead at a Connecticut elementary school, numerous sources across the country reported that their government-protected right to own a portable device that propels small masses of metal through the air at lethal rates of speed is completely worth any such consequences. “It’s my God-given right and a founding principle of this country that I be able to own a [piece of metal that launches other smaller pieces of metal great distances, one after the other], and if a few deaths here and there is the price we have to pay for that freedom, then so be it,” said Lawrence Crane of nearby Danbury, CT, who is such a staunch advocate of the portable deadly-pellet-flinging apparatuses that he keeps multiple versions of such mechanisms in his home, often carries one with him, and is a member of a club whose sole purpose is to celebrate these assembled steel things and the small bits of metal they send flying. “Sure, it’s sad that a few kids died, but it’s far better than the tyranny that would result if the government came and took away all our [mechanical contraptions that make a lot of little pointy chunks of metal go through the air fast]. Can you even imagine what kind of horrible world that would be?” The man added that if the events that unfolded today led lawmakers to question his ability to possess any such items of steel and lead, authorities would have to “pry the [wholly inanimate mechanical object, nothing more, nothing less] from [his] dead hands.”

Always do the right thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate