Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: Israel goes apeshit
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:20 am 
The Decider

given2trade wrote:
Quote:
I know we're very far off from this type of scenario and that in reality, nothing can be done whilst a Palestinian government is run by extremists denying the right of an Israeli state to exist

/thread

I don't expect that statement to get much controversy, but let's not forget that when Hamas was first elected, it was on the verge of making this concession but certain people with control of the foreign aid purse strings weren't all to pleased with the democratic choice made by the Palestinian people and in effect ensured that the Hamas government was doomed to failure.

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:58 am 
Former PJ Drummer

I've had Jew York City in my location for a few weeks now, and I'm definitely not anti-Semitic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:06 pm 
Founding Bitch

Well, this thread turned into a clusterfuck. :thumbsup:

Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:42 pm 
Force of Nature

given2trade, you clearly have no idea what it is like to be a palestinian in gaza or even the west bank. it is made blatantly clear to you that you are shit, that you can be eliminated at any point with no retribution from anyone, and you cannot make any move without Israeli soldiers telling you whether you can make that move or not. To say it is all about "stop blowing up jews and we will stop killing you" is exactly the argument that Israel wants us all to believe, while COMPLETELY disregarding how the palestinians are treated on a daily basis. They have AMPLE reason to continue their measly efforts, even when Israel isn't launching all-out attacks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:48 pm 
Force of Nature

SO, it's ok to say "Sorry, muslim and terrorst was redundant", but saying "Jew York City" is anti-semitic and deserving of scorn, oh, and saying that they are going to an "Adolf rally"?

Laughable.

You deserve absolutely no respect. I don't know why I wasted my time reading 1/2 of your posts, but there obviously is no point in doing it any further.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:47 pm 
Got Some

It is, inevitably, Hamas or Hezbollah who can't seem to live with peace and continually restart the bloodshed. However, Israel's disproportionate responses make less and less sense as time goes by. Imagine Israel abandoning it's eye for an eye mentality for, say, two years. They would have the whole of the (non-Arab)world supporting them. As it stands, each Israeli offensive only highlights the utter hopelessness of the situation.

but I wouldn't hold my breath

Last edited by Man in Black on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:02 pm 
Got Some

track12 wrote:
given2trade, you clearly have no idea what it is like to be a palestinian in gaza or even the west bank. it is made blatantly clear to you that you are shit, that you can be eliminated at any point with no retribution from anyone, and you cannot make any move without Israeli soldiers telling you whether you can make that move or not. To say it is all about "stop blowing up jews and we will stop killing you" is exactly the argument that Israel wants us all to believe, while COMPLETELY disregarding how the palestinians are treated on a daily basis. They have AMPLE reason to continue their measly efforts, even when Israel isn't launching all-out attacks.

Does the constant threat of suicide bombers have anything to do with Israel's overbearing security?

but I wouldn't hold my breath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:30 pm 
Coast to Coast

given2trade wrote:
Did you really just post a photo of 9-11? You're a fucking ape.

Muslim terrorists haven't gone after any other countries that haven't "funded" Israel, have they?

Sorry, muslim and terrorst was redundant.

As a person of Arab descent and with many peaceful, law-abiding and goodnatured Muslim relatives, I am offended by this post. I'd like to know if this was a half-assed, ham-handed attempt at humor (like most of given2trade's posts) or genuine hate speech. Either way I am pretty sure it is breaking at least one forum rule and I have notified a moderator.

Spoiler: show
There's nothing funny about the disparagement of an entire people based on the action of a bloodthirsty, extremist minority

You fucking asshole.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:51 pm 
Menace to Dogciety

Actually it would be fun to see Israel stop existing and all the jews fleeding with all their scientific and business know-how and watch the place becoming an economical vacuum with no market and the palestinians going apeshit towards the borders of the other countries around.

I'm just a painful reminder
Another day you leave behind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:53 pm 
Menace to Dogciety

shades-go-down wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:
I know we're very far off from this type of scenario and that in reality, nothing can be done whilst a Palestinian government is run by extremists denying the right of an Israeli state to exist

/thread

I don't expect that statement to get much controversy, but let's not forget that when Hamas was first elected, it was on the verge of making this concession but certain people with control of the foreign aid purse strings weren't all to pleased with the democratic choice made by the Palestinian people and in effect ensured that the Hamas government was doomed to failure.

Democracy works not because things always works out, but because people are punished when they make shitty decisions. That was the case with electing Hamas.

I'm just a painful reminder
Another day you leave behind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 pm 
alot of $$$

theplatypus wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Did you really just post a photo of 9-11? You're a fucking ape.

Muslim terrorists haven't gone after any other countries that haven't "funded" Israel, have they?

Sorry, muslim and terrorst was redundant.

As a person of Arab descent and with many peaceful, law-abiding and goodnatured Muslim relatives, I am offended by this post. I'd like to know if this was a half-assed, ham-handed attempt at humor (like most of given2trade's posts) or genuine hate speech. Either way I am pretty sure it is breaking at least one forum rule and I have notified a moderator.

There's nothing funny about the disparagement of an entire people based on the action of a bloodthirsty, extremist minority

You fucking asshole.

Do I really think all Muslims are terrorists? Give me a break. Of course not. It was poor word choice.

What I meant was that the overwhelming majority of terrorists in recent history have been Muslim. This is a fact. It's a sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.

Anyway, I retract the statement.

EDIT: And I didn't even say terrorist I said terrorst. How is that offensive?

EDIT: Ok, just a "majority of the fatalities for which responsibility could be conclusively determined"

Quote:
Islamic terrorism (also known as Jihadist terrorism[citation needed], but not to be confused with Islamist terrorism[1]) is religious terrorism by those whose motivations are rooted in their interpretations of Islam.

According to statistics gathered in 2006 by the National Counterterrorism Center of the United States, "Islamic extremism" was responsible for approximately a quarter of all terrorism fatalities worldwide,[2] and a majority of the fatalities for which responsibility could be conclusively determined.[2] Terrorist acts have included airline hijacking, beheading, kidnapping, assassination, roadside bombing, suicide bombing and occasionally, rape.[3][4][5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:16 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Human Bass wrote:
Actually it would be fun to see Israel stop existing and all the jews fleeding with all their scientific and business know-how and watch the place becoming an economical vacuum with no market and the palestinians going apeshit towards the borders of the other countries around.

This is an interesting thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm 
Supersonic

Quote:
hyperbolic crap - GV

Yup, you've posted a shit ton of it in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
Unthought Known

track12 wrote:
They have AMPLE reason to continue their measly efforts, even when Israel isn't launching all-out attacks.

And we have ample reason to laugh at them and their supporter's hypocritical nonsense. Either violence is a valid method of retribution or it isn't, there are no 'special case' justifications that can support what goes on over there.

And lets be absolutely clear here, Israel is far from launching any kind of all-out attack (your words, not mine).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:41 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

LittleWing wrote:
Quote:
hyperbolic crap - GV

Yup, you've posted a shit ton of it in this thread.

Must feel good for you to relate to somebody here for once, right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm 
Supersonic

Quote:
Either violence is a valid method of retribution or it isn't

And, of course, violence begets something...what is it...shoot I can't remember.

Either way, nothing seems to encourage violent radicals in the Middle East quite like blowing up their friends and family.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 pm 
The Decider

Human Bass wrote:
shades-go-down wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:

/thread

Democracy works not because things always works out, but because people are punished when they make shitty decisions. That was the case with electing Hamas.

Exactly. Fatah had proved itself to be rife with corruption and totally inept. The Palestinian people made a democratic choice to elect Hamas. Unfortunately Mssrs Sharon, Bush and others were incapable of accepting that for even a second.

So much for the "spread of democracy".

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:35 pm 
Unthought Known

If Israel pulled back to the green line, then sure, military support would be reasonable. But as is, we're helping to fund their occupation of the West bank, which has very little justification outside of "God wants us to have this land". Maybe a peace deal would still be as unlikely if Israel pulled out of the West Bank tomorrow, but its not an honest try until they do.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:48 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

israeli's are the new nazi's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:55 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Angus wrote:
israeli's are the new nazi's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 64  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate