Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: Israel goes apeshit
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 am 
The Decider

px wrote:
So long as we are supporting ANY country militarily, we can pick and choose who it is we support.

I suspect this proposition is entirely uncontroversial. The real question is not whether or not the US can support a country militarily. The question is which country to support and why.

px wrote:
If we stop supporting Israel then we should stop supporting EVERY country we already support.

I'm afraid I don't follow that logic. Could you explain further?

px wrote:
We supported Saddam Hussein, and it bit us in the ass. When has Israel ever bitten us in the ass?

I think this depends on how you define "bitten us in the ass". It could be argued that any action by Israel that oversteps the mark and antagonises an American enemy that sees Israel and America as inextricably linked is an example of being bitten in the ass.

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 am 
Former PJ Drummer

given2trade wrote:
Quote:
"My son is gone, my son is gone," wailed Said Masri, a 57-year-old shopkeeper, as he sat in the middle of a Gaza City street, slapping his face and covering his head with dust from a bombed-out security compound nearby.

He said he had sent his 9-year-old son out to purchase cigarettes minutes before the airstrikes began and could not find him. "May I burn like the cigarettes, may Israel burn," Masri moaned.

Isn't that wonderful. That's the best quote they could find?

A 9 year old buying cigarettes?!!?!

And here I thought I lived in the land of the free. :|

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 am 
alot of $$$

No, you are correct. But he thinks the reason why we give them money is because of religious reasons. Or because the Jews run Hollywood.

One or the other. Pick your reason to hate Jews and Israel.

Hey, did you hear about the Jew who stole $50 Billion?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:27 am 
alot of $$$

px wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:
"My son is gone, my son is gone," wailed Said Masri, a 57-year-old shopkeeper, as he sat in the middle of a Gaza City street, slapping his face and covering his head with dust from a bombed-out security compound nearby.

He said he had sent his 9-year-old son out to purchase cigarettes minutes before the airstrikes began and could not find him. "May I burn like the cigarettes, may Israel burn," Masri moaned.

It's a beautiful democracy PX. If only the rest of the Arab world would adopt this wonderful thing called democracy all would be right in the region.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:29 am 
Former PJ Drummer

shades-go-down wrote:
px wrote:
So long as we are supporting ANY country militarily, we can pick and choose who it is we support.

I suspect this proposition is entirely uncontroversial. The real question is not whether or not the US can support a country militarily. The question is which country to support and why.

px wrote:
If we stop supporting Israel then we should stop supporting EVERY country we already support.

I'm afraid I don't follow that logic. Could you explain further? I think I answered this when I posted that Israel is a decent foothold in the spread of democracy and capitalism.

px wrote:
We supported Saddam Hussein, and it bit us in the ass. When has Israel ever bitten us in the ass?

I think this depends on how you define "bitten us in the ass". It could be argued that any action by Israel that oversteps the mark and antagonises an American enemy that sees Israel and America as inextricably linked is an example of being bitten in the ass.

The US has restrained Israel, actually. If the US completely let go of this restraint, Israel (upon being provoked) would probably decimate Arab populations. Is that what we want?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:29 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Many right-wing Christians are outrageously anti-Semitic. These people "love" Israel in as much as it's existence sets the stage for Biblical end-times prophecy which states that all lesser humans (in Biblical terms: Jews) will be saved. Its a fucking disgruntled line of thinking.

Quote:
Right...why exactly is spending a few billion a year against the U.S. interest?

Well, for one:

Quote:
I actually think the U.S. supporting Israel is the BEST use of our military dollars. If we want any stability in that region we need to make sure Israel remains powerful because once they are gone guess who will be the next target?

Then you're reinforcing a failed government policy, which is what I've been arguing for the last two pages.

Quote:
Do you know how rich Israel is? How rich the filthy Jews are? Forget the U.S. money.

Yes, hopefully we will - it is within our interest to discontinue such huge funding of their military budget. We should begin to sever ourselves from their bad policies which get us nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:30 am 
Former PJ Drummer

given2trade wrote:
px wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Quote:

It's a beautiful democracy PX. If only the rest of the Arab world would adopt this wonderful thing called democracy all would be right in the region.

They never will! Then their 9 years olds couldn't go buy their beer and cigarettes! Damn those Puritan laws!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:35 am 
Former PJ Drummer

px wrote:
I don't think US support of Israel is so much to do with Jesus' second coming. It's more akin to being another strategic placeholder in the world as it concerns the spreads of democracy and capitalism.

Then how does that explain these votes at the United Nations?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... etoes.html

We're frequently the only ones supporting Israel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:37 am 
alot of $$$

Did you really just post a photo of 9-11? You're a fucking ape.

Muslim terrorists haven't gone after any other countries that haven't "funded" Israel, have they?

Sorry, muslim and terrorst was redundant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:42 am 
The Decider

px wrote:
shades-go-down wrote:

px wrote:

I'm afraid I don't follow that logic. Could you explain further? I think I answered this when I posted that Israel is a decent foothold in the spread of democracy and capitalism.

It still reads like a non sequitur to me. :?

I understand that you think because "Israel is a decent foothold in the spread of democracy and capitalism" in that region, America should continue to support Israel. But I'm not sure that it then follows that if America withdraws that support for Israel, then the support for every other country that America currently supports should be withdrawn.

Are you implying that America only supports (and should only support) countries where it can strategically assist the spread of democracy and capitalism?

px wrote:
The US has restrained Israel, actually. If the US completely let go of this restraint, Israel (upon being provoked) would probably decimate Arab populations. Is that what we want?
[/quote]

I agree. But who's advocating the letting go of the restraining influence on Israel?

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:44 am 
Former PJ Drummer

given2trade wrote:

Muslim terrorists haven't gone after any other countries that haven't "funded" Israel, have they?

You have fucking personal issues here

this post was actually good timing because I want to watch Milk

good night, CUNT :nice:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:45 am 
The Decider

given2trade wrote:

:shock:

Try to meet some people who profess to be Muslim with an open mind and revisit this view in the future, because it's sadly, sadly distorted and incorrect.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:46 am 
alot of $$$

glorified_version wrote:
given2trade wrote:

You have fucking personal issues here

this post was actually good timing because I want to watch Milk

good night, CUNT :nice:

FTW. Well done.

Spoiler: show
Say hi to Adolf at the rally for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 am 
alot of $$$

shades-go-down wrote:
given2trade wrote:

Try to meet some people who profess to be Muslim with an open mind and revisit this view in the future, because it's sadly, sadly distorted and incorrect.

Do I think all 1 Billion Muslims are terrorists? Yes.

Do I think 99% of terrorists are Muslim? Yes.

Is it fact that Muslim terrorists have bombed dozens of countries regardless of their "support" for Israel? Yes.

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 am 
Former PJ Drummer

shades-go-down wrote:

I agree. But who's advocating the letting go of the restraining influence on Israel?

If you think about it, people like glorified_version are. if the US drops it's support, who else does Israel have but itself, considering the link that glorified_version has offered up to the discussion?

glorified_version wrote:
Then how does that explain these votes at the United Nations?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... etoes.html

We're frequently the only ones supporting Israel.

If Israel doesn't have US support, then it also does not have the US to tell it when to cool off.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:53 am 
alot of $$$

P.S. GV still hasn't answered ONE of my questions.

What would you do with the middle east? What would make you happy? Share the holy land? When can Israel defend itself? How many people need to die in a suicide bomb before they can strike back? Please, tell me, tell us. Make history. What would you like to see?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:56 am 
alot of $$$

GV, Did you just change your city to "Jew York City"?

Does this board allow blatant anti-semitism?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:04 am 
Former PJ Drummer

given2trade wrote:
GV, Did you just change your city to "Jew York City"?

Does this board allow blatant anti-semitism?

that's pretty bad! "Jew York City?"

wow.... :shake:

screenshot:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 am 
The Decider

given2trade wrote:
shades-go-down wrote:
given2trade wrote:

Do I think all 1 Billion Muslims are terrorists? Yes.

Do I think 99% of terrorists are Muslim? Yes.

Is it fact that Muslim terrorists have bombed dozens of countries regardless of their "support" for Israel? Yes.

Yes.

:lol:

We'll have to continue this when I understand what you're trying to say because right now, I must confess I'm having some difficulty.

px wrote:
shades-go-down wrote:

If you think about it, people like glorified_version are. if the US drops it's support, who else does Israel have but itself, considering the link that glorified_version has offered up to the discussion?

Complete surrender of military support is neither politically feasible or desirable. More restraint in sale of arms and more diplomatic engagement with the Palestinians resulting in sterner demands of Israel in coming to a final solution is very feasible and desirable and I hope the Obama Administration, in broad terms, will attempt to do this. I'm assuming that the demands made of the Palestinians will continue to be as strong as ever. There can be no true negotiations on a final settlement until a Palestinian government is on the same page as the Israelis on dealing with terrorism.

I know we're very far off from this type of scenario and that in reality, nothing can be done whilst a Palestinian government is run by extremists denying the right of an Israeli state to exist, but surely few will argue that the Bush Administration's Israel/Palestine policy has been anything but an abject failure and it needs to be completely redrawn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:13 am 
alot of $$$

Quote:
I know we're very far off from this type of scenario and that in reality, nothing can be done whilst a Palestinian government is run by extremists denying the right of an Israeli state to exist

/thread

oh, you should have added denying the right for Jews to exist. it's actually in their charter. how many Jewish organizations do you know whose goal is to eliminate all Arabs from the face of the Earth? how many of them have been elected to run a country?

the answer is none to both questions

goodnight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate