Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post subject: Re: Prop 8 Struck Down in Federal Court
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm 
Supersonic

simple schoolboy wrote:
LittleWing wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Incorporation isn't all bad. I might not like the process, but the outcome of Heller was desirable, yes?

No it's not. It's a terrible decision. Give it time for this to play out. Now that they've incorporated the right they have the ability to define just exactly what arms we can bear.

This is just absurd. The feds don't need any justification beyond the commerce clause to restrict 2nd ammednment rights. The idea that somehow incorporating the 2nd ammendment opens it up to more federal scrutiny is silly. I understand that this fits into your whole gay marriage is the downfall of society narrative but it doesn't follow. As a resident of a state that is not 2nd ammendment friendly I rather enjoy the idea that there are some limits to the retarded actions of self serving state legislators.

Really, I would LOVE to hear how this has helped the Brady campaign et all, as opposed to hurt them. Its officially an individual right related to self defense. How is that a BAD thing?

You wanna bet? The bet is $100 that within ten years that the feds are using this decision as a means to further restrict access to arms and ammunition. The Brady Campaign would do well to look at this decision from this perspective that the right is now incorporated.

And it's sad that the commerce clause can be used to restrict the 2nd amendment. We're so fucked.

I don't really much of a problem with gay marriage.

Post subject: Re: Prop 8 Struck Down in Federal Court
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am 
Unthought Known

They passed the assault weapons ban without this justification. Nothing stopping them from doing it again.

Is the Brady campaign honest in their goal of wishing that all handguns be banned? Or do they make some silly hunting exemption, as if thats why people buy handguns?

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate