Got Some

theplatypus wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
who the fuck are these guys?!?!?!

A bunch of virgins.

Post subject: Re: Anonymous
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:45 am 
Unthought Known

sounded like 7 minutes of weak bullshit. if this and DoS attacks are all they can do, they dont seem like much of a threat to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:37 am 
Unthought Known

mastaflatch wrote:
anything that raises awareness and hopefully, uproar against Harper's dangerously biaised policies is good to me. the usual cyber-attacks (DDoS) from the Anonymous group aren't rocket science compared to the really dangerous cyber-terrorists. i don't think that people should stop standing against this governement's agenda only because they fear a bigger backlash. we're not in North Korea yet.

Ironically, cyber-attacks for differing political opinion is exactly what North Korea does.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

bmacsmith wrote:
sounded like 7 minutes of weak bullshit. if this and DoS attacks are all they can do, they dont seem like much of a threat to anyone.

Yeah, seriously. "We listened to old gossip about you and then trolled facebook and linkedin! Muahahaha!!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 pm 
Unthought Known

bmacsmith wrote:

the threat level would depend on how high up the intended targets are in the government and how many skeletons they have in their closet now wouldn't it?

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 pm 
Unthought Known

p911gt10c wrote:
the threat level would depend on how high up the intended targets are in the government and how many skeletons they have in their closet now wouldn't it?

So the ends justify the means as long as the person being targeted has "bad" politics?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

broken iris wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
anything that raises awareness and hopefully, uproar against Harper's dangerously biaised policies is good to me. the usual cyber-attacks (DDoS) from the Anonymous group aren't rocket science compared to the really dangerous cyber-terrorists. i don't think that people should stop standing against this governement's agenda only because they fear a bigger backlash. we're not in North Korea yet.

Ironically, cyber-attacks for differing political opinion is exactly what North Korea does.

Harper's governement is lumping environnemental activists with terrorists or every internet using citizen with paedophiles with its new policies projets. at the exact same time they scrap the national gun register claiming that it's violating gun-owners privacy and treating them as criminals. i don't recognize the country i grew up in anymore.
Harper also censors scientists, another big WTF (making perfect sense in the conservative's hidden agenda though). speaking of which, on one part, Harper claims he won't re-open the women's right to choose and at the same time, they hire some "experts" in order to define "what is a human being". you know, i don't endorse invasion of privacy at all but it's just fair that this guy (Toews) gets a taste of his own medicine.
the list goes on - the Robocall story might be another great example of what Harper's governement thinks of democracy.
and please, i'd appreciate if you wouldn't reply by making fun of semantics - english isn't my first language.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 pm 
AnalLog

these guys got dana white really good

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:23 pm 
On the bright side

Is anyone else scared to say anything negative in this thread for fear of them reading it and ruining my life?

Maybe if I say something nice they can erase my credit history for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
a joke

Rebar wrote:
Is anyone else scared to say anything negative in this thread for fear of them reading it and ruining my life?

:wave:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:42 pm 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Rebar wrote:

:wave:

But they are fighting Stephen Harper and conservatives! That's all that matters. Who cares if they destroy the lives of innocents along the way?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:30 pm 
Unthought Known

mastaflatch wrote:
broken iris wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:

Harper's governement is lumping environnemental activists with terrorists or every internet using citizen with paedophiles with its new policies projets. at the exact same time they scrap the national gun register claiming that it's violating gun-owners privacy and treating them as criminals. i don't recognize the country i grew up in anymore.
Harper also censors scientists, another big WTF (making perfect sense in the conservative's hidden agenda though). speaking of which, on one part, Harper claims he won't re-open the women's right to choose and at the same time, they hire some "experts" in order to define "what is a human being". you know, i don't endorse invasion of privacy at all but it's just fair that this guy (Toews) gets a taste of his own medicine.
the list goes on - the Robocall story might be another great example of what Harper's governement thinks of democracy.
and please, i'd appreciate if you wouldn't reply by making fun of semantics - english isn't my first language.

http://www.whynotharper.ca/#25

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 am 
Unthought Known

Is scrapping the gun registry itself a problem, or just the juxtaposition of that versus the lack of privacy for everyone else?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:22 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
Is scrapping the gun registry itself a problem, or just the juxtaposition of that versus the lack of privacy for everyone else?

the gun registry was made in the wake of the Polytechnique shootings. many people see the scrapping as a jab at Quebec (although it wasn't unanimously denounced here) and particularly at the victims of this tragedy. Quebec's governement is still peddling to retrieve its part of the registry to make this a provincial matter. i have no idea of the actual efficiency of the reistry itself but i fail to see it as something bad. what's infuriating is the enthusiasm shown in quashing it by the Harper Governement as if it was something that was bad on all aspects - hell, some ministers actually tweeted about drinking champagne and having a party last week when the bill passed. some of the victims' families actally said that they felt like "the ministers danced on their daughter's grave". i really can see their point.

add to that the morbid prorities and dubious to poor decisions (as buying the F-35 jets) of this governement and you have an œuvre that lies very far from actual concern over the population's safety and more about a certain wish to control everything that's not "right wing".

the juxtaposition of Toews' bill C-30 to this is just another example of this governement incoherence when it comes dealing with moral issues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

While I think the government was out of line and wrong on C-30, they did do what a good government should do. They listened to the public, had sober second thought and have gone backk to the drawing board.

I will say that there is a large cultural divide between what Canadians see as the role of government and who has the responsibility for paying for it between Quebec and western Canada. I and most of western Canbnada don't have an issue with equipping our military adequately. We saw the gun registry as a billion $ plus waste of money, that criminalized responsible gun owners and did nothing to address gun violence.

WHile I think the current government starts out acting too rash with too little consultation, they do respond to negative feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 am 
Unthought Known

tyler wrote:
While I think the government was out of line and wrong on C-30, they did do what a good government should do. They listened to the public, had sober second thought and have gone backk to the drawing board.

I will say that there is a large cultural divide between what Canadians see as the role of government and who has the responsibility for paying for it between Quebec and western Canada. I and most of western Canbnada don't have an issue with equipping our military adequately. We saw the gun registry as a billion $ plus waste of money, that criminalized responsible gun owners and did nothing to address gun violence.

WHile I think the current government starts out acting too rash with too little consultation, they do respond to negative feedback.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 am 
Unthought Known

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:27 pm 
Unthought Known

sorry for the Canadian heavy posts, I'm just not findin anything else Anonymous is up to these days

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 am 
Unthought Known

Sounds like a lot of the South American Anonymous folks were busted. So these days it makes sense that they're North American centric. I can't imagine the state of US politics inspiring anything other than apathy, so Canada is a perfectly logical focal point for this sort of business.

This whole anti-Harper business smacks a lot of team red vs. team blue. It doesn't seem like he's really that extreme. He's no Bush for instance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
Sounds like a lot of the South American Anonymous folks were busted. So these days it makes sense that they're North American centric. I can't imagine the state of US politics inspiring anything other than apathy, so Canada is a perfectly logical focal point for this sort of business.

This whole anti-Harper business smacks a lot of team red vs. team blue. It doesn't seem like he's really that extreme. He's no Bush for instance.

i won't stop questionning this or any government's fucked up politics because it's "no Bush administration". in retrospect, in the 80s, the Mulroney era wasn't that bad - in fact i think the Cons've made many good moves at that time. the problem is that now, the Torys are more or less the Reform Party in disguise. i don't have sympathy for the Liberals all that much either - it's just their way of doing things when they play victims when we all know that they've lied to us big time with the Sponsorships Scandal (especially Quebec's population and its then-new immigrants). i'm proud to say that i'm beyond any federal party's partisanship nowadays. just let the truth get out already.

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate