PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Don't overdo it.

Post subject: Re: Med Ethicists: Killing babies no different from abortion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm 
a joke

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Don't overdo it.

sorry, he was in my head since he was mentioned by one of the espn baseball guys as the ultra rare lefty thrower/righty hitter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm 
Unthought Known

malice wrote:
And to address Broken Iris’s accusation that I’m all about Mommy and screw Daddy- I’d like to know just how enthusiastic you and/or your friends have ever been after receiving a phone call from the girl you screwed a few months ago after getting loaded at the bar, telling you she’s pregnant and she’s sure it’s yours? (Hypothesize if you haven’t ever been in the situation yourself)
How many of you have responded to similar with the idea - oh no! I REALLY HOPE she doesn’t get an abortion- I REALLY WANT TO RAISE THAT KID! I NEED TO HAVE THAT BABY!!!!
srsly? You think this is how men would behave? I don’t.

and all Black people run fast and all Asians are good at math.

malice wrote:
And I resent the fact that you choose to boil down what I have to say to something so shallow and one-dimensional as ‘all about the Mommy and her selfish desires, and screw the Daddy and his altruistic leanings’

I didn't imply that daddy has nothing but altruistic leanings or that mommy was necessarily being selfish. I thought I summarized you viewpoint accurately in this:

Quote:
Your argument, as I interpreted it, is that since the woman carries the physical, psychological, and social burden of pregnancy and child birth, the termination decision should be solely with her and not with anyone else.

If that is not what you were advocating, then I am having some reading comprehension issues and would appreciate some clarity. But if this is correct, then the discarding of the father's input in the process, regardless of what it might be, is screwing him over. I don't think that's necessarily wrong and every situation should be evaluated by itself, but it's the woman's choice as to what she wants to do in this case. I would hope that if the situation you described above had ever happened to me, the woman would have respected me enough to at least tell me. Again that would be her choice, as would what to do with the pregnancy, but I would hope I could support or contribute in some way if she so desired.

Malice wrote:
Between you and me, I’m thinking this shows you as having some psychological problem with women rather than me having a problem with men if that’s what you get out my statements, son.

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 am 
Interweb Celebrity

malice wrote:
Until men are in a physical position to carry a pregnancy and deliver a baby, they really have absolutely no say in in any decision I or any woman makes regarding getting an abortion.

I understand where you're coming from, but this position (I've heard it often) has always confused me. Your statement implies that arguments from pro-life women carry more weight than arguments from pro-life men. It also implies that pro-choice men don't necessarily have a place in the abortion debate, because they can't deliver children. I can't imagine you believe either of those things, but I'm interested to hear what you think.

We gotta watch our backs

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate