Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dude punches girlfriend in the face (video)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If she did deliberately bait him in order to catch it on tape, it implies heavily that he has previous and she wants totry catch it on tape in order to help her get away from him and her kids and fair play to her for doing so.

agreed.

First time for everything :) Just think if he's doing that to her, it's a matter of time before he starts in on the kids. If he hasn't already. She needs out of there quickly. Has this gone viral? are there any updates about what's happened?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm 
a joke

dimejinky99 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If she did deliberately bait him in order to catch it on tape, it implies heavily that he has previous and she wants totry catch it on tape in order to help her get away from him and her kids and fair play to her for doing so.

agreed.

First time for everything :) Just think if he's doing that to her, it's a matter of time before he starts in on the kids. If he hasn't already. She needs out of there quickly. Has this gone viral? are there any updates about what's happened?

I would imagine the violence is a two way street. Still doesn't make it okay for a guy to hit a girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 am 
alot of $$$

Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

agreed.

I would imagine the violence is a two way street. Still doesn't make it okay for a guy to hit a girl

Yah, just a matter of time before those kids start punching their dad in the face and boy will he retaliate! After all, violence is violence, no matter what the weight/size/age discrepancy is. It's an outrage the double standard we live in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:40 am 
Former PJ Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.

Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:20 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

given2trade wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

agreed.

Yah, just a matter of time before those kids start punching their dad in the face and boy will he retaliate! After all, violence is violence, no matter what the weight/size/age discrepancy is. It's an outrage the double standard we live in.
Ya know, we don't treat minors as equals and as such have a whole slew of child protection laws. So are you saying you want to treat women and small men like we do minors? Hey, if you want to turn back the clocks a couple hundred years, well good luck with that.

I think the idea of equality is lost on a lot of people. All for Prop IX type rulings for collegiate sports but back a domestic violence bill that does nothing to protect men or offer men any of the taxpayer paid type services offered women.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 pm 
alot of $$$

Yah, that's exactly what I was suggesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

given2trade wrote:
What are you advocating for then? It sure seems to me like you want laws based on gender (and possibly size) when it comes to violence.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm 
alot of $$$

tyler wrote:
given2trade wrote:
What are you advocating for then? It sure seems to me like you want laws based on gender (and possibly size) when it comes to violence.

I said that where?

Never said that. Never said that a woman hitting a man isn't bad. I simply said that in this situation, her punching him is not nearly as bad as him punching her. The law can look at this blind, but common sense prevails. He is much bigger than her, much stronger than her, and should show restraint even if hit by this much smaller woman.

If a boxer punches someone out of the ring, their hands can be claimed a "deadly weapon". Why is that fair? Shouldn't they have same penalty as any other man?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

This is the same dude that thinks Bob Dylan will soon be completely erased from our cultural memory.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
This is the same dude that thinks Bob Dylan will soon be completely erased from our cultural memory.
Are you still upset because people are already forgetting about your beloved Bob Dylan?

It's Friday, have a drink, get laid. Cheer up.

Tomorrow's St Patty's Day, I suggest you do the same all over again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:53 pm 
a joke

Common Sense over legality FTW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
alot of $$$

Many of our laws are really fucking stupid, actually.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:54 pm 
Reissued

Jesus god.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:56 pm 
a joke

Mickey wrote:
Jesus god.

That's what I said when I saw the theodore bundy account had posted.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:05 am 
Unthought Known

If this guy were to be charged and sentenced, he'd get less time than what Dharun Ravi is eligible for. Anyone else find that to be totally bullshit? What exactly is 'bias intimidation'?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:54 am 
alot of $$$

Yes. Perfect example of how laws can be really fucking stupid, however, I was referring to most drug laws.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:50 am 
Supersonic

In spite of what is generally a black-and-white reality concerning violence between sexes, I've got a huge issue with the generality of "a woman hitting a man is dumb, but a man hitting a woman is a crime" mentality.

I've posted in multiple threads about my stepson, who was in a car accident several years ago. He suffered multiple skull fractures, significant brain trauma, spent a summer in a coma, and is now supposed to take medication to level his moods (he has extreme mood swings now). Also, he's been warned by several doctors that as a result of his injuries any blow to the head could be potentially life threatening.

His wife (boy, that's a long story) is the type of girl many of us have probably known at some point...the "I get loud and feisty when I'm drunk but it's okay cos I'm with a bunch of dudes" type. So what happens? She gets drunk, starts yelling at people, and he tries to calm her down. Inevitably, at this point in the evening, she punches him in the face.

I should point out that she outweighs him by about fifty pounds. She's a big girl, he's always been a tiny guy.

In the two years they've been together, he's spent a total of 8 months in jail. He's got too much of a mental/emotional handicap to walk away or give up on her (like a lot of damaged minds, he obsesses and fixates), and she lives on drama. So every so often, she'll get drunk and find a reason to hit him...more recently when she gets drunk, he'll try to leave to protect himself and she'll take his car keys, punching him when he starts to get mad and demand that she hand them over. He reacts on impulse (anger control is one of the things he has to see a counselor for now), pushes her (note that he doesn't hit her), and she calls the cops. And very single time...even with her own parents giving statement that she punched him....he gets arrested. Because he's a man, right? And she's a woman. So.

There've been additional issues from this...the air bubble that was keeping the cornea of his useless right eye from detaching was knocked loose, and as a result the organ is beginning to shrink and will eventually have to be removed as it dies. But he's the husband, she's the wife.

As far as I'm concerned, it is in every single way a case of a person abusing a handicapped individual. But it's an extreme example of a type of spousal interaction that I've seen numerous times as a teacher, as well.

I'm not equating such scenarios with the one in this thread. I'm just saying that the logic of "a man hitting a woman is worse, period" is noble in intent, but highly fallible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Well when you add the handicap variable things can change.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:37 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

This thread would reach a whole new level with a little help from LW.

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.

Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm 
Menace to Dogciety

Well, she wouldn't cry if he had gone for the liver and taken her breath away.

I'm just a painful reminder
Another day you leave behind

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate