Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:26 pm 
In a van down by the river

Heatherj43 wrote:
lunkin wrote:
stickfig13 wrote:
JAIL TIME! that is what everybody who landed a punch should get. I don't care who you are! This is horrible....

artest, jackson, oneil.... should be suspended for the season so they can serve their sentences!
:roll: please give me a break. im so tired of every being so soft. artest,jackson, oneill didnt do anything wrong. if someone through something on u or started punching u what would u do? enough of this fake purantism. :x

No one punched Artest first. He fouled Wallace. Wallace shoved him. Both benches emptied. While they were fighting, Artest laid down on the scorer's table. One fan, I reapeat, one fan, threw a plastic bottle at him. Artest then charges into the stands and shoves people, throws punches at whoever he wants. He didn't even hit the person who threw the bottle. He shoved women, kids, old ladies, and old men and punched innocent people.. Jackson followed him into the stands. Also, many fans sought shelter by going onto the court. They had nowhere else to go to get out of the way. O'neill and some one else punches some guy ...each once, square in the nose. The guy was walking by trying to get out of the scene.
Yeah...suspensions and criminal charges are for sure to happen. Artest started the entire mess.
The Detroit fans did give them all shit when they trying to get off the court. Wouldn't any of you if you watched this ass shoved and push around children, women and old people. The Pacers deserved exactly what they got. The fans did thr right thing.

im interested here heather. what game tape were you watching, cause artest certainly did not push little kids or old people of either gender. he pushed a guy down, he didnt punch him (in the stands)

when he was restrained the guy who restrained him also took the liberty of sucker punching him a few times, granted they were the types of punches sissies would through, but thats beside the point.

he then leaves the stands and gets back to the court, only to have chico feign a lunging attack, to which artest threw at least two punches.

so please, direct me to the video and time stamp in the video, that shows artest assaulting old people and kids, or even throwing the first punch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:26 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

tsunami wrote:
Ban the fans involved for life
Ban Artest for life
Suspend O'Neil for the rest of the year
Suspend Ben Wallace for a few games
Fine both teams
More security in Mo-Town

while i agree that artest should be thrown out of the league for being the first to enter the stands...i don't think the nba has the balls for this....too bad...that guy is always shooting his mouth off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:32 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Man, television doesn't get any better than this. Anyone notice how Artest gets shoved in the face by Big Ben and backs down to the scorers table. But, the little white guy throws a cup of bear at him, and "You must die white boy..!"

Wow, what a tough guy Ronnie. Well, I guess he can go promote his new CD now, smart guy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:36 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

just watched it again.......it's still hilarious

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 pm 
Supersonic

walshmg wrote:
tsunami wrote:
Clubber wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
when its all said and done..whats the big deal

nobody was seriously injured..

Haha! I kinda feel this way too but fans shouldn't be worried about getting punched just because they were around other people throwing shit. I'm sure they can make some money from lawsuits though. I would have loved for Artest to beat the shit out of me.

I also don't buy the ESPN talking head's argument that it was "self defense".

We're talking about a cup of beer.

Not exactly life threatening, nor a reason for a professional to jump into the crowd and assault someone.

Artest needs to be thrown out of the NBA for good.

TRUE

fuck that..just talking about a cup of beer..

if i saw either of you at a bar tonight and i threw a cup of beer at you theres a 100% chance you will want to fight me

Heatherj43 wrote:
walshmg wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

are you serious
AN OLD WOMAN HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL! 6 people were treated on the scene and one more got treatment on their own.

nobody is serioulsy hurt..i saw that on a news report on espn..they said that everyone is fine..

i am a donut wrote:
Man, television doesn't get any better than this. Anyone notice how Artest gets shoved in the face by Big Ben and backs down to the scorers table. But, the little white guy throws a cup of bear at him, and "You must die white boy..!"

Wow, what a tough guy Ronnie. Well, I guess he can go promote his new CD now, smart guy...

yeah he was scared shitless of ben..dont blame him one bit..id shit my pants if ben w came after me

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 pm 
Unthought Known

they handed down indefinite suspesions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 YIM  Profile

tsunami wrote:
Clubber wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Haha! I kinda feel this way too but fans shouldn't be worried about getting punched just because they were around other people throwing shit. I'm sure they can make some money from lawsuits though. I would have loved for Artest to beat the shit out of me.

I also don't buy the ESPN talking head's argument that it was "self defense".

We're talking about a cup of beer.

Not exactly life threatening, nor a reason for a professional to jump into the crowd and assault someone.

Artest needs to be thrown out of the NBA for good.

I'll stand by this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:43 pm 
In a van down by the river

if artest is to blame for all this cause he laid on a scorers table then lets put the blame where it really needs to be, david stern and the NBA offices.
lets just back trace this and youll see by your logic that im right.

* artest leaves a mele and lays on a scorers table

* ben wallace tries to wring artests neck because of this

* artest fouls ben wallace

* ben wallace is a horrible free throw shooter, so instead of conceding two points, ran artest thinks if i foul him they may not even score

* the detroit pistons are to blame because they were loosing by 15

* the pacers are to blame for making a defensive team look silly

* david stern and the nba offices created the schedule and had these two teams not played last night, it may never have happend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:48 pm 
Got Some

Clubber wrote:
just watched it again.......it's still hilarious

parts of it definitely are, other parts are just sad

your World Champion Detroit Pistons (fans) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:50 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

how does laying on the scores table make him a jackass? if he was just standing in that same area do you think no one would have thrown anything at him? Laying down is not justification fr being attacked.

What is he doing lying on the fucking scorers table? The jackass is just tryin to bring more attention upon himself. "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, LOOK HOW I'M HANDLING THIS, I'M LYING DOWN ON THE SCORERS TABLE". What a pompus asshole.

Artest should be gone for the year, Jackson and O'Neil 20 games each. All 3 should be locked up as well as any fans that were involved in fighting and the asshole who threw the cup at Artest. Wallace ahould get 2 games tops because tell me when a player ever got even a game for shoving another player. Thats all he did, what happened after was an indirect result of the shove but he had no control over any of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:57 pm 
Got Some

there's not nearly enough popcorn, beer and water being thrown
around on this thread :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:00 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

*throws pakaki around*

Wohooo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:02 am 
Unthought Known

Anyone that says the fan "only" threw a bottle at Artest is brain-dead. It's been said before in this thread and needs to be said again: THAT IS ASSAULT. If I get assaulted, I'm certainly going to try to beat that person's ass. Douchebag fans that cross the line are to blame for this, the Milton Bradley incident, etc. Fans that come onto the court and

Heather, I don't know what you're on about. O'Neal didn't come and punch someone on the court that was just "trying to get out of the way." That's absolutely retarded. Anyone who is ON THE COURT isn't trying to get out of the way, they're instigating. He lunged at Artest, O'Neal punched him. If the fan throwing a bottle at Artest isn't as bad as Artest going into the stands after the fan, Jermaine O'Neal knocking some idiot fan the fuck out isn't as bad as the fan coming on the court in the first place.

Boo hoo, there was a fight. Get over it. If Ron Artest had kicked some 6 year old in the head for heckling him, fine. I understand the outrage. Artest was out of line for actually leaving the court and pursuing that fan, yes. But anyone that thinks that a fan has the right to throw a bottle, or that a fan throwing a bottle wasn't what instigated the entire fight is way out of touch with reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:03 am 
Unthought Known

Double.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:06 am 
Speaking as a mother that takes her children to sporting events......

I worry about foul balls and pucks smacking one of my kids in the face. I shouldn't have to worry about players (and fans) loose in the stands throwing punches, too. I hope this never happens again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:14 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

does anybody have a link where i can watch the brawl? I'm trying to show my friend who hasn't seen it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:17 am 
Administrator

I watched it on msnbc.com video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:17 am 
Force of Nature

i think with the laying on the score table, Artest wanted to be able to say "Look david stern, you cant fine me this time. i had no part in the fight between the 2 teams---i was laying on the table HA HA"

didnt work out according to plan tho. lol

a true professional wouldnt have rushed into the stands, but i think Ron Artest's actions are justified. he got assaulted. he fought back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:24 am 
Banned from the Pit

yeah i really can't understand this person who is blaming artest for laying on the scorers table, how is that reason enough to get something thrown at you? like somebody else said he was trying to make it as clear as possible that he wasn't going to get involved with ben wallace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:25 am 
Johnny Guitar

I hate the NBA and never watched a full game.

Anyways. Artest and ONeil should be suspended the rest of the season. They have to show some restraint. There was a point that they were just punching people for the sake of it. That escalated things to the point they got to.
Artest shouldnt have ran into the stands in the first place. He gets paid (by the people who he attacked) millions of dollars to be a professional.

Last edited by May Day 10 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports